Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should it be legal to name and shame CONVICTED child molestors
yes 58 95.08%
no 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 08:27   #61
I am Banned

Re: sex pests ...

i asked my friend in america if they named and shamed where he lived and heres his reply.

quote:

Yep, they have to register as a sex offender. Anyone can go on the web and look them up. At least they can in Florida anyway.

end quote

now if it works for them why should we not be able to look up their pictures and details as they have guns ontop of everything else and not many get shot

Last edited by chav1; 04-03-2005 at 08:29.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2005, 08:33   #62
Give, give, give member

Apparently it doesn't work. The sicko's have gone underground. Children are still being abused. Megan's Law, as it is called was a vote winner for Clinton, it made people feel safer, but there has been no drop in reported abuse where it is enforced.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:45   #63
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

We do have a register in this country too, but at the moment it is confidential (ish)

Let me give you an example of how somebody can inadvertantly end up on this register.

An 18 year old boy has sex with a 14 year old girl. She has told him that she is 17 and he has no reason to doubt that. She becomes pregnant and her parents find out, they subsequently complain to the police in retaliation as he is shirking his responsibilities. Although he thought that this was consensual sex it cannot be considered consensual when one party is under 16. He is subsequently charged with having sex with a minor. His name is entered on the register. His life is ruined, he turns 30, gets married and his wife gets pregnant. Social services become involved because he is a known sex offender, there are case conferences and meetings, he is not allowed to be left alone with his own child.

This example is not far fetched, I have seen very similar happen. I'm not saying that genuine offenders should not be named, but people must realise that not everybody on that register is an actual offender. There are circumstances similar to the above where people have ended up on that register due to a mistake made when young. I will pose a question to all of our members here. How many of you had sex under the age of 16 or with someone under the age of 16 when you were teenagers? Do you think that you deserve to be on the register?

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:50   #64
Give, give, give member

Lettie- the voice of reason.
Well said.

Last edited by garinda; 04-03-2005 at 12:22.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:48   #65
God Member

Good point Lettie it's certainly made me think !!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:51   #66

vey good lottie. and what about the numptys in southhampton who burnt down a fellas house because he was a paedeotrician. and the though that meant somthing sinister
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:54   #67
I am Banned

well i dont know about you guys but i have come to the conclusion that the only good peodophile is a dead peodophile

they commit horrific acts and get more support than the victims

if i was on a jury in a case involving a father who got his hands on his childs attacker i would vote not guilty regardless of what evidence was presented and urge the rest of the jury to do the same

i know vigilantism is frowned upon but in the cases of convicted child abusers the law is inadiqate and ime all for the parents seeking retribution if only as a means to take out frustation and angish giving their childs attacker a good kicking would probably do them more good than sitting with a councilor and talking about it

all i can say is god have mercy on anyone who seeks to harm any of my children because i will show none and witnesses tend not to be as keen to come forward to support pedophiles
Old 04-03-2005, 11:54   #68
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
vey good lottie. and what about the numptys in southhampton who burnt down a fellas house because he was a paedeotrician. and the though that meant somthing sinister
OMG... Never heard of this one, although I'm not surprised...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:57   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
i know its not funny but at least their hearts were in the right place

dyslexic vigilantis it would seem

i probably didnt spell that correctly even though i have 2 friends who are dyslexic i doubt they would make that mistake lol

Last edited by chav1; 04-03-2005 at 11:59.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:02   #70
Give, give, give member

Thumbs down Re: sex pests ...

Their hearts were in the right place? They kick the crap out of a children's doctor, and it's ok because the mob were too thick to read!

Last edited by garinda; 04-03-2005 at 12:24.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:14   #71
I am Banned

they set out with good intentions ie: kick crap out of a pervert

like you said its unfortunate they were too thick to know the difference between a peodphile and a paedeotrician

hence the use of the smiley when i posted what i did
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18   #72

it's true that story. does anyone else remember the much publisised witch hunts in portsmouth and southampton a couple of years ago? vigilantism can give way to mob rule and we all end up knackered then.
i do agree with chav about the death penalty for convicted paedophiles though.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:21   #73
I am Banned

i know there are cases where children have lied but ime refering the death penalty be implimented for the more horiffic cases like rape of a 1 year old or a 6 month old baby

they cant tell lies so these people who do these acts should be executed in my opinion
Old 04-03-2005, 12:26   #74

hear, hear chav
Old 04-03-2005, 12:30   #75
Give, give, give member

Yeah l remember Stan, it was after the NOTW published photos on its front page, after 2 weeks they had to stop.
Hope none of your kids grow up to be pedicurists! Well, it's close enough for a kicking.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..