Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2007, 11:46   #1

Sharia law anyone?

Well it had to happen,in this PC all is ok society we now live in we have inherited Sharia law.Muslim elders in Dewsbury,West Yorks.have set up their own Islamic court to impose Sharia law in civil disputes within their communities(that phrase again)Issues such as divorce and child custody will now be decided by a panel of 4 Muslim clerics,instead of British law as for the rest of the UK.
How long before the idea spreads a little closer to home?Is this more evidence of a wish for Muslims to be seen as a seperate entity from the rest of our melting pot population?
Remember Sharia law by its very nature is misogynistic,women are treated as second class citizens.
Once again in Tony's world we are taking no action to prevent this,whilst in countries such as Canada all citizens are protected from the establishment of a two tier justice system.
Thank God that Tony is on the way out!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2007, 12:20   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Sharia law anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
Yes but whose God would that be?
Old 30-04-2007, 12:27   #3

Good question I will ask the local community committee.
Old 30-04-2007, 12:29   #4
God Member

I'll bet the MP for Dewsbury is fully supportive of the situation.
Old 30-04-2007, 12:36   #5

Shahid Malik is the MP it would be interesting to hear his views.
Old 30-04-2007, 12:36   #6

country gets less british every day tony will soon be replaced with a muslim
Old 30-04-2007, 12:39   #7

Well the MP seems to be a Burnley lad so alls ok then.
http://www.saviletown.com/ShahidMalikMP.htm
Old 30-04-2007, 12:48   #8
Full Member+

must have been that the British courts were giving the wives to much freedom with the divorce. Do the wives still walk steps behind the guy??
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 12:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Well the MP seems to be a Burnley lad so alls ok then.
http://www.saviletown.com/ShahidMalikMP.htm
Don't think so

http://archive.thisislancashire.co.u.../3/549351.html
Old 30-04-2007, 13:32   #10

Quote:
Well it had to happen,in this PC all is ok society we now live in we have inherited Sharia law.Muslim elders in Dewsbury,West Yorks.have set up their own Islamic court to impose Sharia law in civil disputes within their communities(that phrase again)Issues such as divorce and child custody will now be decided by a panel of 4 Muslim clerics,instead of British law as for the rest of the UK.
How long before the idea spreads a little closer to home?Is this more evidence of a wish for Muslims to be seen as a seperate entity from the rest of our melting pot population?
Remember Sharia law by its very nature is misogynistic,women are treated as second class citizens.
Once again in Tony's world we are taking no action to prevent this,whilst in countries such as Canada all citizens are protected from the establishment of a two tier justice system.

using the law is usually seen as the last resort when dealing with family matters such as child custody and divorce- if it can be sorted out reasonabley without the use of courts than this system is encouraged. if people want to use suitabley qualified clerics(not community elders) to offer them a way forward than why not. its up to the individual family and im sure that the cases involving chid custody would be conducted within the framework of British Law.
what concerns meis the way British organisations encourage the so called community elders who are often get involved in for their self interest and are despised for their meddling ways. our community doesnt call for their involvement. we dont want the likes of siddique kazi trying to 'represent 'our community for his own gains. its organisations such as the police who cosy up to these people and it dosent occur to them that they might be biased.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 13:44   #11

also my friend lives in church area and a mr safdar has stood for election. in his leaflets he claims to be a community leader. who the hell is following him? i sopke toBritcliffe advising him that this man was not our community leader and he slammed the phone down a few days ago. this is despite the fact that in the paper he was encouraging people to discuss election issues wit him. sabdar also claims hes been working with the police for 16 years and it is well known in the community that he hosts buffets for the police elders. know wonder he and his clan think they are above the law and thats he and his family have been percieved as getting favourable treatment from the law. its not the asian community that calls for this sort of system but the organisations themselves.
Old 30-04-2007, 13:55   #12
Resident Waffler

I'm afraid all this reference to 'the community' and 'our community' seems very racist and divisive to me. There was a day when 'the community' meant everyone in a particular area whether they were black white brown or polka dot and whatever their culture or creed. Now I find that I am no longer classed as a community member because I'm not Asian.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 13:59   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

beats the hell out of me,complete nonsense! when my late missus n i lived abroad we lived by their laws- it was their country, it wasn,t a problem to us. so why the hell should it be to anyone living here?
Old 30-04-2007, 14:05   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I'm afraid all this reference to 'the community' and 'our community' seems very racist and divisive to me. There was a day when 'the community' meant everyone in a particular area whether they were black white brown or polka dot and whatever their culture or creed. Now I find that I am no longer classed as a community member because I'm not Asian.

my post wasnt intended to be divisive or racist but i have used specically the term our community for this reason. the likes of kazi and sabdar claim to represent the asian community in general. organisations such as the police deal with us differently. on that basis it is divisive and the asian community wishes to be treated just like any other community. the asian community is divided from other communities because of self interested busy bodies who claim to be leaders. are asian people puppy dogs who are expected to follow these people. safdar has used the term specifically in his election leaflet.
Old 30-04-2007, 14:08   #15

when in rome do what the romens do .when in england we will bow to you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..