Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 18:23   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Shoesmith to appeal sacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Under funded, oh please, Authorities like Haringey have abundance of none jobs, carefully selected from the Jobs pages of the Guardian, with telephone number salaries, and also remember that Baby P was not the first case in this authority either, the last time this happened the same old trip came out, as in "Lessons must be learned" but they haven't and another defenceless kid ends up dead. When your paid the kind of money Shoesmith was paid she SHOULD have known just what was going on in her own department, as I've said before the buck stops firmly at her desk, and if she didn't know she shouldn't have been in the job in the first place
Oh dear, it looks like I will have to bow to your superior knowledge of the budget and internal workings of Social Services and their staffing levels and caseloads. In my reasoned opinion, the buck stops with the parents who, IMO, were the perpetrators of this tragedy.

Shoesmith may come over as hard faced, but until I have access to both sides of the story, I shall not be referring to anyone as a "cheeky, self-centred bitch." I will reserve my judgement until the full facts are available. I know from bitter experience that the bigger the cock up, the greater the need to blame someone else and drag people down. The people to be blamed here are the parents, who, brought a child into the world who they were totally incapable of looking after.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2009, 19:45   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Oh dear, it looks like I will have to bow to your superior knowledge of the budget and internal workings of Social Services and their staffing levels and caseloads. In my reasoned opinion, the buck stops with the parents who, IMO, were the perpetrators of this tragedy.

Shoesmith may come over as hard faced, but until I have access to both sides of the story, I shall not be referring to anyone as a "cheeky, self-centred bitch." I will reserve my judgement until the full facts are available. I know from bitter experience that the bigger the cock up, the greater the need to blame someone else and drag people down. The people to be blamed here are the parents, who, brought a child into the world who they were totally incapable of looking after.

all well and good: however she was in charge of over seeing these low life parents: so she's got to take some blame....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post

Lettie I totally agree with you, it is the parents to blame, but when parents are feckless scumbags like these most definitely were (well Te mother was) then it is up to the powers that be to take the appropriate action to safeguard these most vulnerable children, they can't fight for their own lives. Like Taggy said Shoesmith got right up my nose the fist time she gave an interview, she just had the attitude of "I couldn't care less, now excuse me while I go and powder my nose before I go out to lunch". The thing is that these people are supposed to be highly qualified and are paid accordingly (well in their terms that is) and as such the buck really does stop at her desk
Old 12-01-2009, 17:25   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
The former head of children's services at the centre of the Baby P case has lost an appeal against her dismissal.

Sharon Shoesmith was sacked by Haringey Council last month after a damning initial report into her department's role into the 17-month-old's death.

The toddler, who was on the council's "at-risk" register, died in 2007 after suffering a series of major injuries.

The north London council said the appeal had been rejected by a panel of councillors.

Following the report, Ms Shoesmith was dismissed with immediate effect and the council said she would not be receiving any compensation or pay in lieu of notice.
amen to common sense!
Old 12-01-2009, 17:28   #20
Senior Member+

....any takers for her appealing against the appeal decision??

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:38   #21
God Member

From 'Torygraph.co.uk"

The decision was taken today by a different panel of councillors from the ones who made the original decision.

"Ms Shoesmith will not be returning to work in Haringey. She will not receive any compensation package. She will not receive any payment in lieu of notice."

Employment law experts say Ms Shoesmith could be in line for a payout of up to £173,000 if she can prove that the council was wrong to sack her.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 12-01-2009 at 17:43.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 11:11   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
From 'Torygraph.co.uk"

The decision was taken today by a different panel of councillors from the ones who made the original decision.

"Ms Shoesmith will not be returning to work in Haringey. She will not receive any compensation package. She will not receive any payment in lieu of notice."

Employment law experts say Ms Shoesmith could be in line for a payout of up to £173,000 if she can prove that the council was wrong to sack her.
And she such an arrogant bitch she will probably try, she just like Brown really, she has that everybodies to blame but me syndrome, just like Brown
Old 13-01-2009, 13:32   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And she such an arrogant bitch she will probably try
If she was unfairly sacked then she should try.
Old 13-01-2009, 16:29   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If she was unfairly sacked then she should try.
And you think she was Neil

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..