Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 04:23   #1
Senior Member+

Should they just stop with the Diana inquests?

i mean its been 9 years and in all honesty we're no nearer to discovering what happened.

wether the driver was so drunk. wether it was paparazzi or wether it was Mi5

should we just stop all this constant inquests and save tax payers money?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:46   #2
God Member

Re: Should they just stop with the Diana inquests?

9 years ? where has the time gone , let the woman rest in peace , time to move on ,
Lets just be grateful she wasn't an unemployed single mother living on benefits in a council flat otherwise the kids would have an excuse to turn into real wastrels ............oops silly me ...she was and they are
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:08   #3
God Member

Unfortunately the conspirecy theorists are likely to keep the issue going as they refuse to belive that what happened was an accident. People unfortunatly die in road accidents every year world wide and because of who she was it will be raked up on a regular basiswith no confort for the families of those involved.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:32   #4
Give, give, give member

The conspiracy theories will continue forever, just as they have for JFK, Marilyn Monroe etc.

Even if there was something untoward we'll never find out. She is dead, and the on going public enquiry won't change that.

For the sake of the family that loved her she should be allowed to rest in peace.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 17:40   #5
Senior Member+

Exactly Rindy;I don't know of a single personthat is even vaguely interested in the outcome of any enquiries;pointless waste of money.
Old 02-09-2006, 18:36   #6
God Member

Just a tragic accident, maybe the driver was drunk or speeding, the press wanted to sell more papers and keep the story ongoing, as for MI5 pulling off what would have to be the most intricate assasination in history.. they could'nt organise the old "p**s up in the brewrey!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 20:11   #7
Resident Waffler

If there's one thing that bothers me about the official verdict it is that the driver may not have been drunk or even have had anything to drink and been made a scapegoat. With the amount of alcohol in his blood according the the autopsy he wouldn't have even been able to walk let alone drive a car and yet there is video footage of him walking out of the hotel looking totally in control. I feel for his family if he was innocent of any wrongdoing and yet his memory has been sullied.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 23:20   #8
Senior Member+

I agree Willow. The driver looked well in control on the video footage. I've always felt that she was murdered. How it was managed I know not, but gut instinct says that it wasn't right.

They may as well stop the inquests though. We'll never know the true story and I feel it would be best for her sons to leave it where it is.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:24   #9
God Member

I completely agree with you willow if this guy is innocent then his family must still to this day be going through hell , I like junetta feel that something wasnt quite right with all that and also feel she was murdered, but in my opinion if they can prove this no matter how many years it takes then they should and bring those responsible to justice , if it was any ordinary person then the investigation would go on until solved despite what effect it had on their family , and if it is remotely possible to prove that the driver wasnt responsible for diana and dodi,s death then surely it has to be done so his family can find peace.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:48   #10
Senior Member+

I'm not so sure, Cherokee, I reckon that if it had been an ordinary person, as you say, they wouldn't have bothered taking it this far.

As we all know, life moves on. Her sons seem to be well adjusted, for most of the time, lol, her ex appears to be happy with his Camilla. My opinion, such as it is, is that Charles should have married her in the first place and left Diana to herself. Powers that be I expect.

Diana would never have been allowed to marry Dodi, even if she had wanted to. At least Sarah Ferguson had the right idea, skip off to America, make a fortune and remain good friends with Andrew. I wonder what would have happened if she hadn't remained level headed?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
I'm not so sure, Cherokee, I reckon that if it had been an ordinary person, as you say, they wouldn't have bothered taking it this far.

As we all know, life moves on. Her sons seem to be well adjusted, for most of the time, lol, her ex appears to be happy with his Camilla. My opinion, such as it is, is that Charles should have married her in the first place and left Diana to herself. Powers that be I expect.

Diana would never have been allowed to marry Dodi, even if she had wanted to. At least Sarah Ferguson had the right idea, skip off to America, make a fortune and remain good friends with Andrew. I wonder what would have happened if she hadn't remained level headed?
I agree with you to a point junetta but firstly they are still solving murders that happened years ago, but back to diana she was only ever going to be a birthing machine from the start which could never have happened with camilla cus she was married but that affair was there long b4 diana came on the scene, I thought it very cruel of the royals to chose such an innocent girl to perform such tasks then after which they dropped her like a ton of hot bricks.

I believe Diana tried really hard to keep that marraige together but really didnt stand a chance ,although she did stand up to the royals she knew deep down she was always on a loser and although she tried to make a new life for herself the royals would never have approved that relationship with dodi .Her boys however have been left with no choice but to be seen a coping fairly well, and as coming to terms with losing someone close to us it never takes away the pain . I wouldnt mind hearing just what those boys really think and i dont believe for one moment if they were allowed to be honest they would think it was an accident,but that is just my opinion
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:35   #12
Senior Member+

Firstly, having worked with the Police for over thirteen years, I know that funding plays a major part in old cases. That is by the by, however, Charles was 'in love' with Camilla long before she married. He was sent off on Naval duties as soon as they became friends. She had a 'hissy fit' and went on to marry thingy bob.

Secondly, everything else you have said is spot on. Diana was there to produce the next King............he looks Ok, well done her!

Old 03-09-2006, 04:31   #13
Senior Member+

quite interesting - how many people actually think it was a natural accident and how many think murder? i didnt think there wud b that many thinkin the latter
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11   #14
Resident Waffler

I watched a conspiracy theory prog on TV last night which put forward various sides of the discussion - even the point that she wasn't seriously involved with Dodi but only using her friendship with him to make someone else jealous and therefore more keen on her.

I'm still of the opinion that it wasn't a simple accident and I can't believe the police were unable to trace that white Fiat. I do think that's the key to the whole mystery. If that driver was totally innocent he surely must have known that a car hit the back of his and then spun out of control and crashed so why did he never come forward to make a witness statement?

I'll be quite interested in this new film "The Queen" too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:52   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
quite interesting - how many people actually think it was a natural accident and how many think murder?

The night before her death I'd been at a party at Kenneth Branagah's (yawn, name dropping again,) and a lot of the talk at the party had been about Diana. This after all was the summer where every day brought new revelations in the Greek tradgedy that was her life.

Whatever she may have done wrong in her life, I always admired her for being the first public figure in the world to touch and hug someone with AIDS, which at the time certainly wasn't the cutesy photo op with cute kids sort of thing to do. It was a time when the tabloid press was whipping up hysteria that it was a plague that could proably be spread by being in the same room as someone with the disease.

On a personal level I was responsible for getting her as a customer for the company I then worked for. Quite a coup, as Charlie boy was a customer of our nearest rival. This meant my job changed for the better and my salary doubled over night. Selfish yes, but indirectly my quality of life was made much better.

Was she murdered or was her death an accident?

Like I said earlier I don't think we'll ever know, despite the offical enquirey, but the morning after the party I was staying at a friend's house in north London, and was in the shower when someone shouted the news through the door.

My first, unthinking remark was that 'they have killed her.'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..