Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2005, 19:06   #1
God Member

Skin Tags

Is it just me or does anyone else twist their skin tags, I dont get many, but found a long time ago that if you keep twisting them they fall off, wouldn't have brought it up but one fell off tonight!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2005, 20:10   #2

Re: Skin Tags

Does it not bleed when it falls off?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 20:50   #3
Junior Member+

whats a skin tag?
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 20:58   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania
whats a skin tag?
LOL, I knew if I waited long enough someone would ask, saved me doing it!!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 21:06   #5

I presume Grego means the little 'ball' of skin that seems to sometimes grow on or usually around peoples necks. The best way I found to be rid of them was to tie a piece of cotton tightly around the base of it. After about 3 or 4 days it gets gangrene and falls off. I have only ever had two. I got rid of them both this way and neither of them bled when they eventually fell off.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 21:49   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i never heard of a skin tag either, but if johns correct they sound gruesome lol
Old 22-08-2005, 22:34   #7
Accy Goddess

I have a skin tag on my neck.
It's been there for has long has I can remember.
I'm quite attached to it now.
I did once arrange to have it removed.
But for some reason didn't happen.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 22:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
Is it just me or does anyone else twist their skin tags, I dont get many, but found a long time ago that if you keep twisting them they fall off, wouldn't have brought it up but one fell off tonight!
that is exactly what I do grego but must admit not had one for ages. It can get quite sore but it's funny how you just can't help yerself twisting it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 23:07   #9
God Member

OMG they sound awful, are they painful?

At least I know how to deal with one if I get one, you learn something new everyday
Old 23-08-2005, 00:48   #10
Member.

I think we've all done it at sometime or other and I’m sure those that might protest that they haven’t probably have and never even realised it. It might be as small as a zit head or a whopping dangly that blow’s in the wind. But before you all get the mirrors and the cheese wires out please consider that some might be something else and it might be better to get them, it, looked at before you go lobbing it off.

http://www.skin-tag-treatment.com/Skin-Tags.html

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 05:18   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I've never had one, but I reckon that I would definitely be a twister should one develop. I know this with certainty as anyone who has seen me attack a zit would be able to confirm that a skin tag wouldn't stand a chance.

I am in no hurry to develop skin tags, I have grown several new body parts over the last couple of years, the latest being bingo wings.....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 13:28   #12
Beacon of light

I have one under my arm and I would tie a bit of thread round it but I can't do it with one hand.......and believe me I have tried. I might get my daughter to do it for me when we go away in a couple of weeks.

Bingo Arms Lettie.......is that a new drinking venue......mine are more like th Concorde winspan.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 15:24   #13
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania
whats a skin tag?
oh i thought i must be thick glad someone else diddent know either
Old 23-08-2005, 18:55   #14
God Member

You dont need the cotton Margaret just give it a twist, couple of times a day for a few days, it will either go black and drop off, or just drop off, it does hurt a little bit but no pain no gain, lol!

Doug tried to view your info but with no success, will try again later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I have one under my arm and I would tie a bit of thread round it but I can't do it with one hand.......and believe me I have tried. I might get my daughter to do it for me when we go away in a couple of weeks.

Bingo Arms Lettie.......is that a new drinking venue......mine are more like th Concorde winspan.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 19:58   #15
Beacon of light

I cant do that with mine it hasn't got much of a 'stalk' on it......enough to tie some cotton round though.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..