Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2005, 18:17   #1
God Member

Smug Christmas Shopper

Yes, that's right - I've done it. Well, Chris and I have done it. We took the day off work to trawl around the Trafford Centre and apart from a few bits and bobs which I'll order online, it's more or less done bar the wrapping.

I'll be doing my usual with the food for Christmas day and ordering all of it from Tesco or Asda online, so it will be delivered the day before and I'll be stress free.

So, roll on Christmas - I'm ready for you!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2005, 18:39   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Smug Christmas Shopper

Will you manage to cook Christmas dinner with no lights working in the house?
Old 25-11-2005, 18:50   #3
God Member

Hate to sound perfect, but we've even stocked up on logs for the fire - just in case!

Cookers on a different fuse so we might be sat in the dark but we'll be eating hot food.

Old 25-11-2005, 19:34   #4
Beacon of light

Well Done Gayle......I'm nearly there too. I have got a lot of my christmas presents...and the ones i have bought are wrapped and tagged, they just need the festive ribbons to be put on.

I don't like the on-line shopping...will get mine done in person, but as I am not working it is no big deal. I don't find the Christmas cooking too much of a chore either......but the washing up.....! How can four adults and two kidlidids use so many pots and pans?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 19:39   #5

Yeah my present buying and wrapping is done. Half my veg is blanched and in the freezer. I will put decs up, make and freeze mince pies next week and that will be me done.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 19:43   #6
Beacon of light

OH NO......Decs and tree doesn't go up until Christmas week.....it would be too stressful to keep thunderpants away from all my delicate baubles for a month.
Old 25-11-2005, 19:44   #7
Beacon of light

I can just see him running his trike into the tree and being buried under 39years worth of collected decorations. He would be skinned stuffed and served with an apple in his mouth!...we'd save the pork for another day!
Old 25-11-2005, 20:03   #8
God Member

Well at least someone is orginised. Pity I cant say the same.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:28   #9
Senior Member+

I too am organised I have got all my pressies and wrapped them, will be putting up the tree in three weeks. I may also do my shopping on line at Asda, I have an account with them ,but as yet have not tried it out.
janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:53   #10
white rabbits

i signed up to tesco.....but i DO like to pick my own stuff ,,and i ALWAYS dive to the back of shelves so that i get the best possible sell by date..
sometimes there can be about 4 days difference,especially on bread at iceland.. so maybe i will stay in the same old rut.....anyway i like to buy things that are reduced if they are a bargain ,coz iam tight ...lol
Old 26-11-2005, 15:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i signed up to tesco.....but i DO like to pick my own stuff ,,and i ALWAYS dive to the back of shelves so that i get the best possible sell by date..
sometimes there can be about 4 days difference,especially on bread at iceland.. so maybe i will stay in the same old rut.....anyway i like to buy things that are reduced if they are a bargain ,coz iam tight ...lol
Quite agree with you grannyclaret, best part of shopping is the whoops counter. I drive my husband mad.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 15:33   #12
God Member

To add to my smugness, I've just been to the butchers and ordered my turkey. I think I'll write all the cards tomorrow so that I can post them on the 1st.

I'm getting a bit worried now - something is bound to go wrong!!!!!!!

Old 26-11-2005, 16:15   #13
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Quite agree with you grannyclaret, best part of shopping is the whoops counter. I drive my husband mad.
i know sara ....i always feel real chuffed if i get something decent thats half price ,although some things are rubbish

todays bargains

Old 26-11-2005, 16:44   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
Same here especially if it can be lobbed in the freezer for another time.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 06:59   #15

As I don't live far from asda I go in on sundays to see what cooked meats are in the woops box. We've had roast beef, roast pork and once we even had duck. I couldn't possibly afford a joint of beef or a duck so it's nice to sit down to roast beef & Yorkshire pudding like 'rich' or 'normal' folk on a sunday
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..