Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2011, 09:15   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
and people are mindreaders? yer only NOW mentioned that as a get outa jail card.
Always handy to have which any player of Monopoly will tell you
Old 15-04-2011, 09:22   #17

Our Government pay £43m per day to the EU. We pay the most in and get the lease out. Remember the Cumbrian floods last year? I don't remember anybody from any EU member states putting their hands in the pockets to help us.

Yet the floods in Pakistan we fell over ourselves to send aid over and Cameron visited Pakistan to gave their Prime minister £50m for their schools.

In this country people are struggling to make ends meet, losing their houses through repossession because of job loses.

Just the other day I saw a video on the Guardian website via Facebook about the way the Job Centres easily stop people's benefits because they get awards for meeting targets for stopping benefits because somebody might have problems filling in their job diary, or they refused a job because it would leave them worse off.

Is it any wonder that the BNP and the EDL are rising to prominace?

I predict a civil war or an uprising because we are sick of this country being raped for money.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 09:29   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post

I predict a civil war or an uprising because we are sick of this country being raped for money.

Oh boy another numpty, yeh aint picking my lottery numbers.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:55   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post
Our Government pay £43m per day to the EU. We pay the most in and get the lease out. Remember the Cumbrian floods last year? I don't remember anybody from any EU member states putting their hands in the pockets to help us.

Yet the floods in Pakistan we fell over ourselves to send aid over and Cameron visited Pakistan to gave their Prime minister £50m for their schools.

In this country people are struggling to make ends meet, losing their houses through repossession because of job loses.

Just the other day I saw a video on the Guardian website via Facebook about the way the Job Centres easily stop people's benefits because they get awards for meeting targets for stopping benefits because somebody might have problems filling in their job diary, or they refused a job because it would leave them worse off.

Is it any wonder that the BNP and the EDL are rising to prominace?

Could just be an idea if you would point out just how much we are paying interest on the money borrowed by the last incumbent of Downing Street, think its now risen to £45 billion a year and rising by over £100,000,000 a day and remember we get sweet FA for that its all going down the toilet
Old 15-04-2011, 14:51   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Could just be an idea if you would point out just how much we are paying interest on the money borrowed by the last incumbent of Downing Street, think its now risen to £45 billion a year and rising by over £100,000,000 a day and remember we get sweet FA for that its all going down the toilet
fair point but this lot are still borrowing money so thats even more interest been paid and instead of using it to help us they are giving it away.

if the government must borrow more money shouldnt it at least be for our benefit and not some other countires.

were giving away money to pakistan school projects yet a report released yesterday shows that child poverty is increasing in this country with children turnig up to school hungry and in tatty clothes because their parents are struggling to feed them and clothe them.Why is pakistans school problems any concern of ours when there are so many schools in the uk that could do with repairs,new eqiptment etc

a local hospice in blackburn is having to beg for money to get a new roof for gods sake.There is so much needs fixing in this country before giving money out to other countries and people are getting sick and fed up of seeing millions going out that will never be paid back.

no matter what the last goverment did or did not do it is this goverments job to fix it and it dosnt seem to be doing a good job of it.All we are seeing is savage cuts to OUR services and increasing prices on everything from fuel to food which only appear to be benefiting others not us

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 15:51   #21
Super Moderator

Why are we giving £9.3 billion a year to the EU (up from £5.3 billion in 2009)? Why are we preparing to give yet more billions to bail out Portugal in a vain effort to rescue the Euro - a currency which we are not part of?

Madness...sheer madness.
Old 15-04-2011, 16:03   #22
God Member

could somone explain what punishment we would recieve from the EU if we told them to sod off and refused to give money away until we were in a position to do so.France have been sticking 2 finger sup at the EU for years and they seem to be getting away with it so why cant we.

to be honest it appears on tghe face of it that the EU needs us more than we need it.

lets not forget we aqre also giving millions away to countries that are not part of the EU so whats obliging us to give money to them?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 17:50   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
fair point but this lot are still borrowing money so that's even more interest been paid and instead of using it to help us they are giving it away.

if the government must borrow more money shouldnt it at least be for our benefit and not some other countires.

were giving away money to pakistan school projects yet a report released yesterday shows that child poverty is increasing in this country with children turnig up to school hungry and in tatty clothes because their parents are struggling to feed them and clothe them.Why is pakistans school problems any concern of ours when there are so many schools in the uk that could do with repairs,new eqiptment etc

a local hospice in blackburn is having to beg for money to get a new roof for gods sake.There is so much needs fixing in this country before giving money out to other countries and people are getting sick and fed up of seeing millions going out that will never be paid back.

no matter what the last government did or did not do it is this government's job to fix it and it doesn't seem to be doing a good job of it.All we are seeing is savage cuts to OUR services and increasing prices on everything from fuel to food which only appear to be benefiting others not us
All government HAVE to borrow money because the tax revenue is collected retrospective, in other words they can't spend it before you make it, but there's a difference between borrowing for need and borrowing for stupidity, I mean lets face it on top of the £43 billion interest we also have £60 billion in PFI still to be paid for, and all the other schemes that the last government signed up to without sound financial planning its a nightmare. But its absolutely amazing that after ten months out of office Labour seem to have all the answers, just a pity they didn't have them for the 13 years they were in a position to implement them
Old 15-04-2011, 22:08   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
could somone explain what punishment we would recieve from the EU if we told them to sod off and refused to give money away until we were in a position to do so.France have been sticking 2 finger sup at the EU for years and they seem to be getting away with it so why cant we.

to be honest it appears on tghe face of it that the EU needs us more than we need it.

lets not forget we aqre also giving millions away to countries that are not part of the EU so whats obliging us to give money to them?
Sadly, no prospect of that from a gutless poor man's Blair like Cameron. We'll just meekly pay up on the orders of our unelectable, unaccountable leaders in Brussels.

Incidentally, perhaps some of our resident Euro-enthusiasts like Bernard and Claytonender could tell us why it's such a good idea to spend billions of pounds bailing Portugal out in order to save the Euro?

Sssshhhh...
Old 16-04-2011, 08:49   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sadly, no prospect of that from a gutless poor man's Blair like Cameron. We'll just meekly pay up on the orders of our unelectable, unaccountable leaders in Brussels.

Incidentally, perhaps some of our resident Euro-enthusiasts like Bernard and Claytonender could tell us why it's such a good idea to spend billions of pounds bailing Portugal out in order to save the Euro?

Sssshhhh...
If they're to busy to answer I will because days before leaving office Darling signed up to it.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:12   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
just a pity they didn't have them for the 13 years they were in a position to implement them
13 years of a Labour Government eh?

Well we live and learn don't we?

The time seemed to go so quickly.

Thank you for such a refreshing revelation Jaysay.

Now if you don't mind, in future if I want repeats I'll watch Dave or Gold, surely unlike them you can think of something new to say?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 09:17   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
13 years of a Labour Government eh?

Well we live and learn don't we?

The time seemed to go so quickly.

Thank you for such a refreshing revelation Jaysay.

Now if you don't mind, in future if I want repeats I'll watch Dave or Gold, surely unlike them you can think of something new to say?

Can't do with the really old ones Less, the relatively new ones are more apt and definitely to the point, which nobody should really forget
Old 16-04-2011, 09:47   #28

Quote:
Can't do with the really old ones Less, the relatively new ones are more apt and definitely to the point, which nobody should really forget
If I had a spare 13 years I could probably work out what on earth you mean, but I haven't so the above will forever remain a mystery to me.
Think I'll go the Railway instead.
Old 16-04-2011, 10:10   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If I had a spare 13 years I could probably work out what on earth you mean, but I haven't so the above will forever remain a mystery to me.
Think I'll go the Railway instead.
Less, its called baffle um wi science, have one for me, wish I was coming with ya
Old 16-04-2011, 10:28   #30

Quote:
Less, its called baffle um wi science, have one for me, wish I was coming with ya
It seemed more like clutching at straws to me, pure B.S.

I'll have one for you but you'll have to pay and yes, I do accept PayPal.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..