Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 14:44   #31
JFT96

Re: so its election day again...

Well 'the Winter of Discontent' must have been Maggies fault then??? the dead unburied, The NHS all but closed down, and 'Crisis? What Chris?'
Ah the good old days

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2009, 14:46   #32
JFT96

and speaking of the NHS....what about the £20 to £30 Billion currently being spent on a IT system???? It should have cost £2.3 Billion. Insanity

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 15:28   #33
God Member

like I say the amount of money put into the NHS may not be good value..but the Tory doctrine is to cut funds..is that a good idea?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 15:36   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well 'the Winter of Discontent' must have been Maggies fault then??? the dead unburied, The NHS all but closed down, and 'Crisis? What Chris?'
Ah the good old days
those years were all about the public trying to get fair wages for work...we soon had the grief of a Tory Government that had an economic theory that high unemployment was a means to destroy the unity of the common men and women of this country..and it was a success..it left this once united country in disrepair to this day!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 17:00   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
at least the NHS have got staff!...I was talking to a nurse who had worked in the same hospital for 15yrs and she was saying that under the Tories she was expected to oversee 8 patients...now it's down to 3.
So why is patient care so poor with so many mistakes made and the wards still dirty?
Old 06-06-2009, 17:05   #36

Quote:
those years were all about the public trying to get fair wages for work...we soon had the grief of a Tory Government that had an economic theory that high unemployment was a means to destroy the unity of the common men and women of this country..and it was a success..it left this once united country in disrepair to this day!
I agree with you wholeheartedly - the fragmentation of society is a Tory legacy we could do without. Thatcher has much to answer for - so many people who never got the opportunity to acheive their full potential because she wanted to destroy the working class.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 17:27   #37
God Member

Quote:
Agree 100% ... nothinng worse for the little guy than a right wing govt. ... we have a tory govt. right now, but it is a minority govt. kept in check by the Liberals (probably close to the Liberal Democrats (?) over there, the NDP (labour), and the Bloc Quebecois (needs no explanation). Problem is, as I see it from a distance, Labour has screwed up so magnificently that they don't seem to form a viable alternative to the tories.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 18:59   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Thatcher has much to answer for - so many people who never got the opportunity to acheive their full potential because she wanted to destroy the working class.
Know I am a bit of a thicky on the political front, but why should any Prime Minster wish to destroy the working class ... it's work force ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 19:28   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Know I am a bit of a thicky on the political front, but why should any Prime Minster wish to destroy the working class ... it's work force ?
I used this argument in one of my EU law seminars and the tutor was completely stumped and had to agree with my point, because there is no logic in beating down the working classes. Their priority is to keep us healthy and happy because that is the key to productivity, which pays their salaries. Same goes for the education, we need a decent amount of education to make up all the different links of production. No point just ensuring we can all read and write because we need people who can do more than that and so on. Just best to keep us down enough that we don't threaten their jobs
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 21:02   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So why is patient care so poor with so many mistakes made and the wards still dirty?
I think I speak for a lot of people. Just having a daughter the staff and facilities at Royal Blackburn were fantastic. Could not fault anything.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 22:20   #41
God Member

Quote:
I've had to go to the Royal twice this year and I haven't seen a dirty ward. Everywhere seemed spotless and I have been dealt with very swiftly.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 00:49   #42
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I think I speak for a lot of people. Just having a daughter the staff and facilities at Royal Blackburn were fantastic. Could not fault anything.
Try spending more time there and you will soon see what really goes on.

I posted on here before about how they wrote on my wifes notes that she had been given pain relief medication when she had not. They put the wrong baby monitor trace in her notes as well.

I watched a nurse putting cups and saucers into a dirty bed linen trolley after she had just stripped a bed because she could not be bothered to come back with the tea trolley. That was the bed that she remade without wiping down the mattress. I am not saying that all the staff are the same because they are not. Its just that a lot of the staff are too lazy to do their job properly.

While on holiday my brother in law was unwell and was seen by a Doctor. He told him to have a prostate exam when he returned home. When back home he asked and was told he was far too young to have prostate problems. It took over a year for them to diagnose that he did have prostate cancer and by that time it was too late - I think he was just over 40 then.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
oh deary me Jaysay..already blaming this Government for the misery of a Tory future..you serve your masters well..tea boy!
No Mancie just telling it as it is, which is something you don't like to do...... Drunk
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I've had to go to the Royal twice this year and I haven't seen a dirty ward. Everywhere seemed spotless and I have been dealt with very swiftly.
just hope you don't have to spend time as an inpatient Gayle
Old 07-06-2009, 19:34   #45
God Member

Quote:
Try spending more time there and you will soon see what really goes on.

I posted on here before about how they wrote on my wifes notes that she had been given pain relief medication when she had not. They put the wrong baby monitor trace in her notes as well.

I watched a nurse putting cups and saucers into a dirty bed linen trolley after she had just stripped a bed because she could not be bothered to come back with the tea trolley. That was the bed that she remade without wiping down the mattress. I am not saying that all the staff are the same because they are not. Its just that a lot of the staff are too lazy to do their job properly.

While on holiday my brother in law was unwell and was seen by a Doctor. He told him to have a prostate exam when he returned home. When back home he asked and was told he was far too young to have prostate problems. It took over a year for them to diagnose that he did have prostate cancer and by that time it was too late - I think he was just over 40 then.
On that same note, if you are a young girl and worry about your sexual health, you get turned away for a smear and told that you shouldn't be concerned. Yet with the number of young girls having sex you'd think they'd be offering them at a young age in my opinion.

The NHS is useless, and the only reason we use it is because we pay so much for everything else that we can't afford to choose anything better. Forced monopoly on the working class if you ask me...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..