Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 19:46   #1
God Member

Southport air show

I've been to the Southport airshow today and it was excellent - easily 15,000 people there but really well organised.

Kids loved it, apart from the noise made by the harrier jump jets, and Chris was like a kid in a sweetshop looking at all the planes.

It was a really good event for the town and no doubt attracts a lot of positive promotion for the area. I got to thinking, what could Hyndburn do that hadn't already been done that could be as big as that? Not that I'm offering to organise anything you understand, this is a hypothetical question?

Southport has an airshow and flowershow, even Burnley has the Blues festival and a balloon festival, etc.

I know we have a few events but what would be really, really different, that would attract the crowds?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2005, 19:55   #2
I am Banned

Re: Southport air show

some kind of artwork on top of a hill maybe

after last time i better make it clear that was a joke lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 19:57   #3
God Member

Taken as a joke. But, you know what, it wouldn't be a bad idea! I know just the people to organise it.

Old 10-09-2005, 19:59   #4
I am Banned

we need one of those crazy town sports that are scattered about the uk like cheese rolling or somthing
Old 10-09-2005, 20:12   #5
God Member

Like the black pudding throwing contest or the Bacup dancer things. I know what you mean.

We could have the Accy Nori brick lobbing contest - not through shop windows obviously.

Old 10-09-2005, 20:19   #6
I am Banned

how about wheelie bin races where one person shoves another person along inside a wheeliebin..?
Old 10-09-2005, 20:25   #7
God Member

Mmm, they have that pram race in Gt harwood. We need to think bigger and weirder.

Old 10-09-2005, 20:31   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
how about wheelie bin races where one person shoves another person along inside a wheeliebin..?

Slinky and myself have practised that quite a few times Chav if your ever up for a race and then we can finish off with a blue sack race
Old 10-09-2005, 20:36   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
I've been to the Southport airshow today and it was excellent - easily 15,000 people there but really well organised.

Kids loved it, apart from the noise made by the harrier jump jets, and Chris was like a kid in a sweetshop looking at all the planes.

It was a really good event for the town and no doubt attracts a lot of positive promotion for the area. I got to thinking, what could Hyndburn do that hadn't already been done that could be as big as that? Not that I'm offering to organise anything you understand, this is a hypothetical question?

Southport has an airshow and flowershow, even Burnley has the Blues festival and a balloon festival, etc.

I know we have a few events but what would be really, really different, that would attract the crowds?
Dont mean to be cheeky but could you tell me the cost for the tickets and where to get them only i wanted to take the kids they never been before.

Thank you
daddiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 20:43   #10
God Member

It's on again tomorrow. We parked on an official carpark that cost £22 (one costs £25 so find the cheaper one) and that included parking all day and entrance.

Old 11-09-2005, 23:10   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiboo
Dont mean to be cheeky but could you tell me the cost for the tickets and where to get them only i wanted to take the kids they never been before.

Thank you

i once watched them from saint annes? it was cheaper?
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..