Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 09:11   #16

Re: stabbing

Thats the problem. A few years ago, there used to be fisticuffs, these days knives and guns are so readly available that kids are going out with them.

Sad state. God knows what'll be about when my youg 'un gets to his teenage years

Best wishes to your son and his mate HR x
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2008, 09:29   #17
God Member

Omg! Does anyone know any other information about th stabbing on Burnley Rd???
Old 10-05-2008, 09:52   #18
God Member

Ok, think I have just found out who it was, someone correct me if they know any different

It was a guy called Kev that got stabbed
I know him too, cos he comes in the shop
Old 10-05-2008, 10:02   #19
God Member

Apparently it was in the nether region of his body too
Old 10-05-2008, 10:06   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its becoming ridicules, why do these teenagers feel the necessity to go out with a knife in their pocket and more so feel the need to use it for that matter. It seems very time you pick up a paper or switch on the TV that there's been another stabbing, the worlds gon mad
Im sorry but just because it was a teenager stabbed, doesnt mean a teenager did it, please stop sterotyping.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:37   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Im sorry but just because it was a teenager stabbed, doesnt mean a teenager did it, please stop sterotyping.
Well put Nickelson about it not being a teenager doing it but once it is found out then people can comment.

If the use of knives keeps increasing I guess that we will have to be issued with anti-stab vests soon in case we get there before Police or if the attacker/s are still in the area that will be a sad day if that happens too!!
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:15   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
99 times out of 100 it is teenagers Nickleson thats not sterotyping thats telling it as it is, whether you like it or not. I think when young people get to 20 they start using their heads and kick the knife culture into touch. Only this week 10 youngsters between 13 and 18 were sent to prison for knifing 2 other youngsters to death end off

Last edited by jaysay; 10-05-2008 at 12:16. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:18   #23
Resting in Peace

Just heard on the news a lad had an axe embedded in his head in a Bury pub !! Gang of four .. who the hell carries axes around with them Seems the victim is OK though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:55   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just heard on the news a lad had an axe embedded in his head in a Bury pub !! Gang of four .. who the hell carries axes around with them Seems the victim is OK though.
Probable have a bit of a headache though kate
Old 10-05-2008, 13:04   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Probable have a bit of a headache though kate
Tut, tut jaysay. Actually, apologise, just heard the bulletin again, was in a park, and he was hit on the shoulder. Still .. doesn't negate the horror of it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 13:56   #26
Senior Member+

Two Injured In Stab Attack (from Lancashire Telegraph)

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 13:59   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats the harwood one, still no info on the sydney st attack, i notice they were all owd fellas arrested Nickleson.
Old 10-05-2008, 15:17   #28

Well the times are reported wrong on the newspaper article for one. Was trying to get bus back from my girlfriend's house @ 10.35pm last night and @ 10.45 woman stopped and told me there had been an "accident" and bus could be ages yet so it must have been around 10 for the place to be taped off etc by 10.45.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 17:24   #29
God Member

I happened about 9-40pm last night, on the corner

Was Kev that got stabbed, he is about 40, apparently about 13 times, needing surgery

They think they have got the person that has done it

Am not going to name who it is tho, incase it's not him, I do hope it isn't him that did it
Old 10-05-2008, 17:27   #30
God Member

Quote:
Its becoming ridicules, why do these teenagers feel the necessity to go out with a knife in their pocket and more so feel the need to use it for that matter. It seems very time you pick up a paper or switch on the TV that there's been another stabbing, the worlds gon mad
Who said it was a teenager who stabbed both these people?

EDIT: Sorry I replied to this when I read your post rather than getting to page 2 first
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..