Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 23:26   #1
Senior Member+

Steiners View

I have just viewed an excellent photograph of 'Steiner's Fire' added to the photo gallery by Staggeringman and I also posted a comment.

I was born in Blackburn and spent my early years in Lion Street, Church before moving to a little place called Water, East Lumb. I did spend a few years living in Accrington before moving away from the area when I was nineteen.

I don't know a great deal about the district as it is now, even though, my brother still lives in the area and I visit him once a year.

Before I started my research into Family History, I remember my Nana telling me that she was born in 'Stinervew' and had to share an egg for breakfast, there being thirteen of them in the house!!

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could let me know if the terrace I can see in the pic, is of Steiners View and where it was situated before it disappeared.

Thanks for listening x
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2005, 23:37   #2
land of hope and glory

Re: Steiners View

hi junnetta since i am the oldest on this web site just ask!

no steiner view is not there anymore,they put that big monstosity of a building there and knocked down steiners it self as what i knew it as, and made a road through it.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 23:50   #3
Senior Member+

Cheers, mate, for the quick reply. Apologies from this end, Spanish Broadband is a bit on the slow side tonight!!

Pardon my complete ignorance!! I'm sort of presuming that it was where that catalogue building place is now, am I right? My Nan was born at number 12. Her parents lived at 91 Henry St before that and that is still there! Not far up from the Stag.

I'm over in Oswaldtwistle next month and hope to do a little tour! I've saved your photo and I really hope you don't mind xx
Old 08-09-2005, 23:58   #4
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
Cheers, mate, for the quick reply. Apologies from this end, Spanish Broadband is a bit on the slow side tonight!!

Pardon my complete ignorance!! I'm sort of presuming that it was where that catalogue building place is now, am I right? My Nan was born at number 12. Her parents lived at 91 Henry St before that and that is still there! Not far up from the Stag.

I'm over in Oswaldtwistle next month and hope to do a little tour! I've saved your photo and I really hope you don't mind xx
if you are over this way pm me and you can have a proper copy of it.up from the stag has all gone down from the stag bits and bats.
Old 09-09-2005, 00:16   #5
Senior Member+

Thank you, much appreciated. Speak later, June xx
Old 09-09-2005, 00:25   #6
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
Thank you, much appreciated. Speak later, June xx
no problem all here to help!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..