Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2007, 08:32   #1
Senior Member+

Strange Text

Recently I got a new mobile phone, on T Mobile (Contract) when I bought the phone (approx 2 months ago) I took it home plugged it in and turned it on like you do.

IMMEDIATLY the phone sent a message, thought nothing of it, maybe a service message registaring the phone.

However upon receiving my second statement, I see I have 1 text outside my text bundle that I have been charged 17p for?

17p you might say, but I dont like things happening like that, so I decided to ring T Mobile (who I must say have very good customer service) and asked what this text was about, the guy at T Mobile was as baffeled as I was, refunded the 17p, and looked to investigate.

Now the Text turns out to be a international text, sent to sweden.

The conspiory theriest (SP) in me came up with a possible mad reason.

If T Mobile had 17p for every international text that has been sent unknowingly from new customers (And who normally would bother about 17p) multiply that by 10.000+ and it starts to become a nice little earner.

Anyone else here with T mobile and had a strange text sent from there phone.
Old 19-05-2007, 09:29   #2
God Member

Re: Strange Text

I gave up T Mobile a while back and went pay as you go. I dont use my phone that often and as I couldnt justify the monthley cost I never renewed it. It wont be the first time or the last that someone would be caught out this way and yes MR D they are proberly raking it in. Good job it was only a text and not a 20 minute call. To the point about having it investigated I wonder how many people would have that done, me I wouldnt have noticed.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 09:46   #3
Resting in peace

T mobile are a dodgy outfit, when I got my first mobile they sent me a horoscope reading everyday I tried allsorts to get rid, I rang the helpline and threatened to change they took it off, it was costing 25 pence a day.
The best deal at the moment is o2 Genie card you can, download them free off their website, Broadway News is charging £3.99 for a sim card no need to pay they will send you 4 sets out for nowt.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 09:49   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
T mobile are a dodgy outfit, when I got my first mobile they sent me a horoscope reading everyday I tried allsorts to get rid, I rang the helpline and threatened to change they took it off, it was costing 25 pence a day.
The best deal at the moment is o2 Genie card you can, download them free off their website, Broadway News is charging £3.99 for a sim card no need to pay they will send you 4 sets out for nowt.

I agree with you, i am with o2, get 300 text a month for topping up a tenner also get 500 mins to a chosen o2 number a month as long as you top up 10.00 a month!

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 09:55   #5
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyb37 View Post
I agree with you, i am with o2, get 300 text a month for topping up a tenner also get 500 mins to a chosen o2 number a month as long as you top up 10.00 a month!
Best deal going Tracey, if anyone wants one PM our 'Vicks' she get's loads off their website.
Old 19-05-2007, 09:55   #6
Senior Member+

I was previously and still use my old phone that was a BT genie, all good for £10.00 per month.

However I needed to upgrade my phone so T-Mobile was the cheapest £15.00 per months for £34.00 worth of credit use how I like. Does me.

O2 also do the dodgy subscription texts two, I Mail, you get a I mail phone subscribe to use it, 50p a month IIRC, thing is you change phone and no longer have a I mode Phone, you cannot deactivate it so 50p per month.

And If anyone wants a O2 Sim send me a PM I have LOADS at home doing nowt yours for the price of FREE.

I must say I found T Mobile's (UK) Customer service very good.
Old 19-05-2007, 10:49   #7
Resting in peace

Quote:
Mr D, And If anyone wants a O2 Sim send me a PM I have LOADS at home doing nowt yours for the price of FREE.
You'll have them from Broadway News round, it's advertised in the shop window o2 Genie cards £3.99 the cheek of them!
Old 19-05-2007, 11:04   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
You'll have them from Broadway News round, it's advertised in the shop window o2 Genie cards £3.99 the cheek of them!
Wouldnt supprise me. I bet they still sell a few also. like you say the cheek of it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..