Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 01:15   #1
Senior Member+

Suicide Bombers to get lotto funding...

hehehhe i love the new series of extra's

the episode wiht daniel radcliffe was just hilarious. the bowie one was ok but this one was really funny

and cheggers in the first one - not being able to remember his lines/having one facial expression/ not being able to distinguish between his charachter and real life

*the thread title comes from the news of the world thing that his agent shows him after he kicks the dwarf*
Old 03-10-2006, 01:23   #2
God Member

Re: Suicide Bombers to get lotto funding...

No idea what it is, whats it all about ?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:36   #3
Senior Member+

extra's - the ricky gervais sitcome on bbc 2

he plays an extra to movies/tv shows and each week they have a major name guesting - some appearences are good some aint so - they've had ppl like ben stiller, patrick stewart, orlando bloom etc coming on and doin some gags mostly on themselves...

so ben stiller comes on being a prima donna and then ricky gervais right at the end says - so which one were u? starsky or hutch?

the harry potter kid came on and he was goin on about how he's not a boy but a real man etc and it was jsut such a funny self-parody
Old 03-10-2006, 01:47   #4
God Member

ya know I don't know any of those aprt from starsky hutch and harry potter. never heard of the rest, how major are they.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:55   #5
Resident Waffler

Patrick Stewart is Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek.
Orlando Bloom was the rather dishy Legolas in Lord of the Rings and Wlll Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:29   #6
God Member

Mani, I agree with you the new series is just great, I was laughung out loud last Thursday and its a while since a TV programme's had that effect!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:04   #7

What I like about the programme "Extras" is the fact that so many "big names" are so willing to make fools of themselves.

Poor Daniel Radcliffe - aka "Harry Potter" - comes across as a sex-obsessed self important adolescent twit. Quite a change from his squeaky clean HP image. It really is very game of him to let himself be shown like that. As Ricky Gervais said, he went to town on this character because Daniel (the real person) is such an unknown entity that he had a clean sheet to work with.

By the way, what do "you-all" think of the American version of "The Office"? In my opinion it just isn't in the same class as the original. For the most part it is only funny because it tries so hard and fails so miserably. Or maybe it's just that great divide between British and American humour?
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23   #8
Resident Waffler

BTW Mani - congratulations on what must be the most off topic thread header!

Old 03-10-2006, 21:40   #9
God Member

"The best ones in the mail, gypsies are eating our pets"

Hahahhaaha..
Old 03-10-2006, 22:50   #10
Resident Waffler

That's a variation on "Freddy Star ate my hamster".

Old 05-10-2006, 23:29   #11
Senior Member+

*L*

i dont like the american office - i'm surprised american audiences have taken to it - they dont usually like remakes of sitcomes

daniel radcliffe was fun. the whole i've done it u know had intercourse - sex... that was just hilarious

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..