Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 14:35   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sunny accy

heard on radio lancs this dinner, its offical accrington is the warmest place in the u.k. it was reported 38 degrees in one ladys garden, i just thought its a nice change to say summat good (for me anyway).
Old 04-07-2006, 16:52   #2
God Member

Re: sunny accy

...... and beautiful weather it is too Cashy. Hot, sunny days makes for a happy Tinks
Old 04-07-2006, 20:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
heard on radio lancs this dinner, its offical accrington is the warmest place in the u.k. it was reported 38 degrees in one ladys garden, i just thought its a nice change to say summat good (for me anyway).
It really has been a lovely day, but what is 38 degrees in real temperatures, does nayone know?
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 20:38   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Just for you claytonender here is a conversion
Old 04-07-2006, 20:39   #5
I am Banned

According to rock fm the North west were recording temperatures upto 84F which is approx 32 degees C

Weather forecast tommoz - hot weather continues but wait for it tinks good old thunderstorms according to bbc & Telegraph & metcheck have weather warning of storms covering our area from tonight especially tommorow until thursday.

Whoooohooo hope im back to watch them again up tops
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 21:13   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
but wait for it tinks good old thunderstorms
WAHOOOO!! :e60: I know were we will be tomorrow!

Mez, if your passing through Green Howarth again tomorrow during a storm can you fetch us a flask of coffee and a couple of cream cakes please
Old 04-07-2006, 21:19   #7
God Member

I hear lady gardens can get quite hot in accy, esp if it's mels garden, due to that big bush

What you mean real, 38 is in real. freezing is zero, 38 is hot, if 84 is real, what is freezing clayton ender, without help and without looking???
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 21:22   #8
God Member

I work in a basement - it's pleasant and cool all day, coming out of it at the end of the day was a huge shock to the system (pleasant one though).

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 21:32   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
WAHOOOO!! :e60: I know were we will be tomorrow!

Mez, if your passing through Green Howarth again tomorrow during a storm can you fetch us a flask of coffee and a couple of cream cakes please
all i can say to the lightening is bring it on

Cream cakes, coffee & a good view of lightening - couldnt be better
Old 04-07-2006, 21:34   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I hear lady gardens can get quite hot in accy, esp if it's mels garden, due to that big bush
Wish i had kept the bush as it was BIG now so i would have some hot shade LOL tho the lady bottoms got quite sweaty
Old 04-07-2006, 21:45   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
What you mean real, 38 is in real. freezing is zero, 38 is hot, if 84 is real, what is freezing clayton ender, without help and without looking???
32 degrees farenheit is the freezing point of water, or if you are being really picky the freezing point of water is 273.15 K (measured in degrees Kelvin from absolute zero).
I know 38 is hot, but it is only meaningful to me what it is when its in fahrenheit not cenitgrade. Something to do with my age I guess.

Last edited by claytonender; 04-07-2006 at 21:52.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 22:10   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
I know 38 is hot, but it is only meaningful to me what it is when its in fahrenheit not cenitgrade. Something to do with my age I guess.
Way I was told to work it, is double it and add 30 degrees and your roughly there So its been about 100 degrees ish
Old 04-07-2006, 22:16   #13
God Member

Well centigrade makes sense to me. it starts at zero, not at 32. Never did make sense to me, but well done, I wouldn't have a clue.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..