Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2006, 18:56   #1
God Member

Supermarket rage

After work decided to pop into the supermarket to get some shopping. Now I dont mind wandering around when its busy but there is a limit. The place was mobed with people 4/5 deep at the tills with several not even maned. Fair enough these things happen but I must draw a line at the moaning about how long it takes to progress through. A lady in here mid 30's no kids in tow was mouthing off about how long she was stuck in the queue and once at the till paid with chip and pin as well as cash. To add insult to injury she must have known the teller as she was chatting away while on a tea break. Some behind started to grumble and she had the cheek to ask if they were in a hurry to get somewere. THIS FROM SOMEONE WHO 5 MINS EARLIER WAS DOING AN IMPRESSION OF A AGITATOR!!

What is it with these kind of people. There were families, workers even pensioners trying to get in and out as quick as they can and all this this this ruddy women could do is have a social natter!! Never been so mad in a supermarket before. Is this a female thing along with blocking the ailse while they natter?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2006, 19:07   #2
Always EVIL within us

Re: Supermarket rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Is this a female thing along with blocking the ailse while they natter?
NO! It is a northern thing.

When I first came up north just over two years ago, the first thing I noticed was that people Oop 'ere talked! Yes, it is frustrating if you are in a hurry - but everyone does it! Don't let it get you down, listen to the talk, it is often more entertaining than a comedy show.
Old 13-04-2006, 19:13   #3

Cor blimey Spuggeie calm down afore ya have a bleedin heart attack lol......by the way did ya get my cream crisp while you were there
Old 13-04-2006, 19:30   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by joobyjooby
Cor blimey Spuggeie calm down afore ya have a bleedin heart attack lol......by the way did ya get my cream crisp while you were there
Just digressing a little (lot really) >>> chip and pin. Have now left my credit card in the thingy machine twice, once I had to cancel, second time lucky noticed next day while shopping, hadn't got it when I came to pay for something and realised what I had done. Went to supermarket and they had it safe and sound.

You now put it in yerself and take out yerself, but between all the cash back, getting bags in the trolley, chatting to the cash teller (who was an interesting young man ) forgot to take it out ! Before, of course, they always gave it back to you with your receipt; so you really have to concentrate more. Stress,stress, stress . Learn the supermarket code:-

1. Chat to teller continuously, seems to be new policy on behalf of Supermarkets.
2. Load up bags.
3. Put card in machine.
4. Ask for cash back.
5. Sign for cashback. (before they give it to you notice !). Forgotten this a few times, I can tell you.l
6. Sign for cashback.
7.Make sure you not left anything on the desk.
8. Take cashback and receipt.
9.TAKE OUT CREDIT CARD FROM MACHINE.

S'easy 'aint it
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 19:32   #5

but but........why do women wait till the check out operator has finally tallied up...before they start fumbling in their bag for their purse.....us men have the money in our hand........

waits for hate replies..........
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 19:43   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow
but but........why do women wait till the check out operator has finally tallied up...before they start fumbling in their bag for their purse.....us men have the money in our hand........

waits for hate replies..........
Cos we is sensible and don't want to take purse out of bag only to lose sight of it during loading !!

Anyway, we do the biggest shop, and don't carry lot of cash like men who stupidly do in their back pockets.

Will do a survey on Sat. to see what men shopping on their own (hmph not that many, usually just for their holiday beer) do.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 19:51   #7
Junior Member+

why not go at 2am in the morning when its empty, or even shop online!!??
mw2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 20:00   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw2802
why not go at 2am in the morning when its empty, or even shop online!!??
If on backshift I hit the local 24 hour one at about midnight. I am lucky having a 24 hour one close but not everyone does.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-04-2006, 20:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Cos we is sensible and don't want to take purse out of bag only to lose sight of it during loading !!

Anyway, we do the biggest shop, and don't carry lot of cash like men who stupidly do in their back pockets.

Will do a survey on Sat. to see what men shopping on their own (hmph not that many, usually just for their holiday beer) do.
I stay on my own so have to shop. Also I do not carry large amounts of money around because it is daft. Any cash I carry in a crowded shop its in my front pocket.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-04-2006, 20:40   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Supermarket rage

Years ago we knew how to queue and wait our turn patiently. Sadly today everything has to happen at the speed of light.

I become invisible when I walk into our local Asda. The number of times that a trolley (usually pushed by a woman whilst she is looking anywhere except where the trolley is going) tries to break my ankles and all I get is “I never saw you” and once in a while “sorry”. All I can say is that if they drive their cars like they drive the supermarket trolleys then heaven help us. From what I have seen of the manoeuvres on the car park I guess that some of them do.

Now I know that people just love to stop and have a chat for an hour or two but do they have to block the whole aisle whilst they are doing it. Then to add insult to injury they look straight at you and surely must realise that you want to get past and then totally ignore you and carry on nattering. Then have the cheek to glare at you when you say excuse me.

The Grimshaw Park Asda now have fast checkouts with ABOUT 10 items where it used to be up to 10 items. It used to be quite a sight watching people count each other’s goodies to see if there were ten and woe betide someone who had 11. No one ever said anything but the whispers started, the nudges and knowing looks. I wonder how many is ABOUT 10?

To be fair though, when I nip into Sainsbury’s in Darwen for just a loaf of bread and the Radio Times many times some kind soul will usher me to the front of the queue. So it’s not all bad.
Old 13-04-2006, 21:58   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Just digressing a little (lot really) >>> chip and pin. Have now left my credit card in the thingy machine twice
9.TAKE OUT CREDIT CARD FROM MACHINE.

S'easy 'aint it
I did exactly the same thing last week at morrisons, luckily it was handed in straight away!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 22:53   #12

wonders if jambutty will get hate mail too......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 23:15   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

did the weekly shop on weds afternoon tesco was like a lunatic aslum! also was in a hurry as i had a medical appointment so i never checked the dates (usually do) a lot of the perishables were out of date that day or the day after, i have noticed before around holiday times this happens, has anyone else noticed this? being me! i think they do this deliberatly at these times cos they are packed out and the kids are off, lot of people in a hurry etc, on saying this i would add i bloody HATE supermarkets.
Old 13-04-2006, 23:25   #14

i don't think supermarket rage has anything to do with it, quite often women are on auto pilot by the time they get to the supermarket! its just another task on a womens never ending daily to do list! many women not only work, they have children, cooking, cleaning, ironing,ect ect ect tea to get on the table, taxi driver, genaral maid and sex slave!! haha so sometimes its just nice to get lost in your own world for a few minutes whilst perusing over the fruit and veg and whilst standing still waiting to be served its sometimes the first time of the day that we've had a moment to ourselves !and before i get slaughtered from all of the men i know you all do your bit as well, its consideration and politeness needed from one and all but at the end of the day multi tasking is what women have done since time began!!

ps sorry if ive wandered off the thread a bit.
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 00:38   #15
land of hope and glory

the only nice thing you can do at that point spuggie was to tell her to pee off whilst you dropped your shopping basket on her foot
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..