Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 20:08   #1
Beacon of light

Telling it like it is....!

Gerald Howarth, the MP for Aldershot has caused something of a controversy by suggesting that the Muslims who are offended by the western way of life should leave the country.

He urged Muslims to unite behind common values of nationhood,he said those who despise everything we stand for and despise our values and loathe the country have a simple remedy....they should leave.

Mr Howarth was speaking after hearing speeches by the Islamic preachers Abu Uzair and Abu Izzadeen praised suicide bombers. Both are British born and so cannot be deported.

Mr Howarth feels that a majority of the British public are behind him on this. Labour MP Mohammed Sarwar who is a muslim agrees with these views.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2005, 20:11   #2
God Member

Re: Telling it like it is....!

There's some common sense for you. I have nothing against all kinds of colours, races and religions being in this country it just really gets my goat when they start moaning about how awful it is here!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 20:17   #3
Beacon of light

No-one is forcing them to stay, but I think they like the welfare state quite a bit.
Old 04-08-2005, 20:22   #4
Beacon of light

It is also quite interesting to read what Inayat Bunglawala(Muslim Council of Britain) thought of this suggestion.......he said 'engaging in incendiary rhetoric about deporting British citizens is not particularly helpful and will perhaps contribute to inflaming what is already a tense situation'.

As far as I could see, nowhere in the article by Mr Howarth does he mention the deporting of British citizens, all he is saying is......if you don't like it here, there's the door........don't bang it as you leave.
Old 04-08-2005, 20:35   #5
Resident Waffler

I'm inclined to agree with Mr. Howarth. If anyone hates this country so much as to say that killing its inhabitants is a good thing then why don't they go and live somewhre they like better?

He hasn't said throw them out. It's interesting to note that Mr. Bunglawala hasn't said what he thinks of those who preach hatred, only that inviting them to sling their hook is likely to cause trouble.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 20:41   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

He's a man after my own heart and he has hit the nail on the head. I don't have the right to go and live in another country and seek to change its way of life to suit my own and no one has the right to do that in my country. Britain has been the land of milk and honey for all comers and we have, wrongly in my opinion, been so anxious to accomodate and be seen to be Liberal that we are now seeing the results. Let those who don't want to live My way and YOUR way go and find their own niche. Let those who accept our country and our culture stay. The British government has been ridiculously PC for too long, the British people have had enough.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15   #7

I totally agree with the sympathies expressed. However, CAN these people leave and go and live in a Muslim country. If they were born here and are British citizens they may have no right to go and live anywhere else outside the EU. Does anyone know if this is the case?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:52   #8
Give, give, give member

All Muslims are meant to visit Mecca in Saudi Arabia once in their life time. Perhaps this totalitarian, oil rich country should open it's gates to all Muslims, a bit like Israel does with Jews who want to live there.

All Muslims who then feel forced to live in a decadent society that doesn't equate with their thinking, could live happily under a strict Islamic regime to their hearts content.

At the moment the only way to enter into Saudia Arabia is under a very strict work or tourist visa system.

Perhaps the Sauidi multi millionaire Osman bin Laden, could pull a few strings with the Saudi Royal family to set this plan in action?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:11   #9
God Member

I agree, they don't like it......THEN LEAVE. I'm sure that I wouldn't live somewhere if I hated the place. I wouldn't live there and expect the rules to change just for my benifit, which is what these people expect. I know quite alot of asian people, some are my best collegues at work.........so I know I'm not racist, the only way I could be thought racist is because like the majority (i'm sure) I think that if you live in our country then you live by our rules..........likewise, if we lived in THEIR country then we live by there rules, BUT I DON'T live in their country.
Some of the asian people I can't stand and think are very ignorant and annoying. But then again I find just as many white people just as annoying.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:49   #10
Member.

I think we have to separate ourselves from the race issue; Racism is about hatred of another human beings physical, emotional and ethnical origins. There is nothing racist about what is happening here other than some individuals in our communities playing the racist card because someone in authority uses their head and doesn’t want to waist police and security services time by having to stop and search white middle aged women and old ladies just to pacify those Muslim leaders and their followers who believe that it unjust to stop and search young to middle aged Black and Asian males.

I regret that anyone has to feel subjected to extra pressure when conducting themselves in a good and inoffensive manner, but they have got to stop and think to themselves that those young men who murdered over 50 human beings for this ideology were also themselves in a good and inoffensive manner prior to pushing the detonator. It s time that all communities got used to the idea that things have changed through no fault of the British people. I fully agree with the comments made by Gerald Howarth and those of the London Transports Police chief. If any members of the community feel that we are unjust then please feel free to leave the country. We should send a message to all nationalities, cultures and faiths. “If you participate in acts of violence you may be subjected to the full force of the Law, including the possibility of loosing your lives. If you aid and abet those who seek to undermine British Authority you may face prison or the anger of the British people. We are not engaging in racism, we are merely seeking to protect our communities and our liberties to walk our streets in safety.” Further more “You have the right to disagree, but you will live by and face the same laws and regulations as every other Law abiding individual in this country or you can face the Laws of the country of your own ethnical origins and leave at your own expense………………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 13:49   #11
Resting in peace

At least one of the would-be bombers was an asylum seeker - how sick is that? I fully agree that those who will not subscribe to our way of life should go elsewhere. Many people I know have worked in Saudi - they have to conform to their ethos and live by Saudi rules. Infringement of those rules is severely punished - you can be flogged for having illegal alcohol. Dress codes in public are strict, and strictly enforced. Women are not allowed to drive. I was once offered a job there, highly paid, but turned it down because I did not want to live under such a regime. The problem is that some people may not like our Western ethos and culture, but they sure as hell like our benefits system, and the free education and being given council houses. I am not religious, but I do respect the right of other people to be so. However, when that right comes into conflict with English law and English culture, there is a serious problem.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..