Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2011, 20:58   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: Temptations of the Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
At the end of the day all it is is another pub with scantily clad women dancing & grating trying to get men to part with their dosh. Just the same as every other pub in town, only difference is these women make a lot of money for doing their job. The other women are just out trying to get a free drink off a fella, a free kebab & maybe a bit of how's yer father. This is going to create jobs & maybe get more people into Accy spending their money, that cant be a bad thing in itself. It doesn't harm anyone, it ain't a brothel.
At the risk of offending others I agree with you Wallop.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2011, 21:14   #17
Give, give, give member

I used to walk past one in London, and one in Glasgow, both in city centre locations, nearly every day.

Neither seemed to cause anyone any offence.

Oldies, kiddies, ginger people in kilts from Auchtermuchty.

Nearby department stores had much more overtly sexual displays, flogging their knicker and vest combos, and there were more titillating images displayed on advertising hoardings at bus stops, than there were outside those lap dancing clubs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 21:37   #18
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I used to walk past one in London, and one in Glasgow, both in city centre locations, nearly every day.

Nearby department stores had much more overtly sexual displays, flogging their knicker and vest combos, and there were more titillating images displayed on advertising hoardings at bus stops, than there were outside those lap dancing clubs.
Very well said. Sex is everywhere you look these days.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 22:00   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Ever since we developed the sense of sight, people have used that ability to seek out and satisfy a sexual desire.

If we didn't, none of us would be here.

You can cover the piano's legs in the parlour, in a vain attempt to diminish passionate desires, or make women wear a burka, but it won't stop it happening.

It's nature.

Old 26-11-2011, 22:30   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well how come i keep missing it?
Old 27-11-2011, 08:34   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
At the end of the day all it is is another pub with scantily clad women dancing & grating trying to get men to part with their dosh. Just the same as every other pub in town, only difference is these women make a lot of money for doing their job. The other women are just out trying to get a free drink off a fella, a free kebab & maybe a bit of how's yer father. This is going to create jobs & maybe get more people into Accy spending their money, that cant be a bad thing in itself. It doesn't harm anyone, it ain't a brothel.
I once contemplated opening a brothel, but I'm a lousy cook
Old 27-11-2011, 08:37   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Back in the 70s you could walk down the Old Kent Road in London and every pub, bar none, had topless gogo dancers or topless barmaids, the barmaids din't half take the froth of your beer
Old 27-11-2011, 08:39   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well how come i keep missing it?
Should have gone to Specsavers
Old 27-11-2011, 10:03   #24
Beacon of light

Like A-B.....I don't really care about the I-Candy Place. If this chap thinks he can make a go of the business in a town that wants two Pies for a pound....and is voer-run with pound shops and charity shops then so be it.
Accrington doesn't have the smell of money on it does it? It has the reek of poverty.
As for Stag nights coming here.....which do you think sounds better?......'I'm taking the guys to Benidorm for my stag night' or 'We're going to a Lap dancing club in Accrington' The second one doesn't have a lot going for it does it?

We should be taking bets on how long it will last.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 10:22   #25
Give, give, give member

Old 27-11-2011, 10:29   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Like A-B.....I don't really care about the I-Candy Place. If this chap thinks he can make a go of the business in a town that wants two Pies for a pound....and is voer-run with pound shops and charity shops then so be it.
Accrington doesn't have the smell of money on it does it? It has the reek of poverty.
As for Stag nights coming here.....which do you think sounds better?......'I'm taking the guys to Benidorm for my stag night' or 'We're going to a Lap dancing club in Accrington' The second one doesn't have a lot going for it does it?

Wonder if we can odds from Bet Fed
Old 27-11-2011, 10:34   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I agree.

As I've said before, I can't see it lasting long.

How are they going to compete?

Look a bit odd.

A g-string full of pound coins.

Old 27-11-2011, 10:39   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I agree.

As I've said before, I can't see it lasting long.

How are they going to compete?

Look a bit odd.

A g-string full of pound coins.

Don't be daft they have special ones made wi slots in for all denominations of coin, catering for everybody and one for the girls even
Old 27-11-2011, 10:44   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't be daft they have special ones made wi slots in for all denominations of coin, catering for everybody and one for the girls even
Pie 'n' tease for a pound.

Bargain.

Old 27-11-2011, 10:45   #30
God Member

Quote:
Well, on the sliding scale of taste, after Lap Dancing, Stag and Hen nights are the next lower rung on the ladder. And beneath that... dogging in the bus station? I wonder whether the council has a "moral position" on that?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..