Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2006, 11:19   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Thai Army 1 – Thai PM 0

Whilst the Thai PM was out of the country the army generals completed a bloodless coup to oust him. Why? Because the people didn’t like the way he ran the country.

Are you taking note Mr Blair?

Maybe that is why TB has so many of our troops fighting someone else’s war overseas.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Thai Army 1 – Thai PM 0

This sounds like a conspiricy theory, you didn't start a thread about the "grassy knoll" once did you? lol

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 11:31   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Whilst the Thai PM was out of the country the army generals completed a bloodless coup to oust him. Why? Because the people didn’t like the way he ran the country.

Are you taking note Mr Blair?

Maybe that is why TB has so many of our troops fighting someone else’s war overseas.
I sometimes get the feeling that you don't like Mr. Blair, could we have a list of the other people you don't like?
Tell you what to make it easier do us a list of the people you do like. (I bet I won't be on it).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 11:52   #4
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Thai Army 1 – Thai PM 0

It’s no conspiracy theory AccyJay but a plain hard fact as you would know if you had heard the news yesterday and the discussions going on today.

Like all the other members of Asian Pay, based in Thailand, I received an email that reads:
Quote:
Dear James Buckley,

As all you must know by now there has been a military coup here in Thailand.

As you can see from this email here in Thailand life is running normally.
There is no violence on the streets.

The situation here in Thailand is purely political and will revert back to normal ASAP.
The situation here in Thailand for our business is as normal as it can be due to that fact that we are keeping a close eye on all developments and will update you all ASAP.

You will be happy to know that our office is open and all of our staff arrived safely to work with NO problems at all.

Today in Thailand the banks are closed but are expected to re-open tomorrow (Thursday).

Due to this unexpected holiday day we will have to delay International WIRE transfers scheduled for Today.

We will update you ASAP on the banks situations.

About The Investors Corner:
We are suspending ONLY new subscriptions availability. The New Subscriptions will be suspended for 3 days. Please regard the word (suspended) is exactly what it means.

All profits and principals payback due to be paid today or over the next few days WILL be paid as normal.

Because the situation is only political the King of Thailand is safe and will always remain safe from any and all political turmoil.

We ask all of you to not be concerned unduly. As you can see all is near normal here and business is running near normal except as we have stated above about new subscriptions into The Investors Corner.

We also ask you not to send tickets asking about the situation here in Thailand or about effectiveness and reliability of our business because as you can see we are still here and will update you on everything in a timely manner.

Kind regards
Your feelings are not far wrong Less, but I am not on my own. There are millions in this country with a similar view. Equally there are millions who hold the opposite view and probably more millions who just couldn’t care less.

I don’t know you well enough to decide if I like you or not.
Old 20-09-2006, 12:06   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
This is the part i mean't as a consipacy theory. It was meant to be taken light-heartedly. I do watch the news.

Old 20-09-2006, 12:09   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Due to this unexpected holiday day we will have to delay International WIRE transfers scheduled for Today.
Good grief! that must have been sent by someone working in their civil service! The extremes these Thai's are prepared to go to, just to get an extra day off work.

Does this mean they will expect this day off every year from now on?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 12:18   #7
Apprentice Geriatric

Sorry AccyJay – after suffering a day and night with what the doctor thinks is Gout I haven’t got my humorous head on today. A painful and sleepless night has seen to that.
Old 20-09-2006, 12:36   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry AccyJay – after suffering a day and night with what the doctor thinks is Gout I haven’t got my humorous head on today. A painful and sleepless night has seen to that.
No worries. No offence taken. Hope you get well soon.

Old 20-09-2006, 12:54   #9
God Member

When he reaches London no doubt his home will have a 24 hour guard. For irony how about " China, Japan and other governments urged tourists to be careful and avoid unnecessary travel there." Hang on China worried about peoples safety now I know things are bonkers.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 14:12   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

A fellow moderator on GoldenTalk, peterg, lives on the Island of Phuket (it is pronounced Pooket and not the more obvious pronunciation) in Thailand and he reports that all is calm and normal. The troops, although armed to the teeth, are quiet and friendly and people are flocking to them to get their photographs taken with the troops. They allow people to sit on the tanks for the photo opportunity and are generally good humoured if somewhat bemused by it all.

The king seems to be happy with the turn of events and there will be a new PM installed within two weeks with elections to follow within 12 months.

Obviously time will tell how things actually turn out but I see no reason why the change over should not go smoothly.
Old 20-09-2006, 14:12   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well it ain't just the thai PM whose in the crap eh? theve kicked off in hungary cos the prime minister admitted telling lies, thats where blairs been crafty- he aint admitted it.
Old 20-09-2006, 16:06   #12
Resident Waffler

I can't help calling that Thai guy "Tucks his chin away" - sounds more Native American like "Dances with wolves"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..