Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2023, 13:57   #1
Beacon of light

The drive for net zero.

How do you feel about the drive to attain net zero?
Given that this country produces less than 1% of carbon emissions I think it is a daft idea.
Wind farms….useless, ugly and when the life of the turbine is over it is impossible to recycle.

Electric vehicles…less polluting…no, they aren’t.
They are expensive to buy…expensive to run and when all the petrol and diesel vehicles cease to be, then whichever government is in power will tax them to the hilt too.
They are harder on our roads because they are heavier, they produce more particulate pollution from the tyres.
Oh yes…and charging them once we are all using them will be a problem because the National Grid has not the capacity.
Another thing….this electricity that you use to charge this green vehicle…remind me how it is generated.
Oh yes…it is all coming back to me…it is generated using fossil fuels….how green is that?

Are you ready to give up your gas boiler in favour of a heat exchanger?
Well, if you are be sure to buy yourself a lot of warm woolies because if you don’t then you will be shivering even in a mild winter..oh yes and your bills will be bigger and your water will be lukewarm.

How do you feel about a levy of £170 being added to your power bills to fund the research into green energy?

If the government really wanted us to all go green they would give grants for the installation of Photovoltaic panels to every house in the country.
These generate power not just from sunshine, but from any source of light.

Ok…over to you!
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2023, 16:53   #2

Re: The drive for net zero.

IMO it's just another way for the government to control us and charge us for doing it.

The whole thing has been shown to be a load of garbage, the reasons for the ULEZ has been shown to untrue, the whole electric car thing has been shot down.

I do need to replace my gas boiler and it will be replaced with another gas boiler.
taddy likes this.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 17:01   #3
Beacon of light

There is evidence that those climate change scientists have been manipulating the figures to support this climate change crisis theory.

That scientists who say that the climate change claims are false not being given a platform to debate the issues and that those who say this is just a cyclical change are being silenced.
Pretty similar to those who questioned the stuff on Covid.
Old 23-07-2023, 17:04   #4
Beacon of light

Oh yes…those in Westminster will never be cold they generate enough hot air to warm half of the country…shame this cannot be captured for use when the icicles hang off your nose.

Hey…maybe they are the CAUSE of climate change.
taddy likes this.
Old 23-07-2023, 17:13   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Net zero was always a load of rubbish, in my opinion.
taddy likes this.
Old 23-07-2023, 18:33   #6
Beacon of light

It still is a load of rubbish and come the next election I will vote for whichever party says they are going to abandon these loony targets…and remove the green levies from our power bills.
Old 23-07-2023, 21:50   #7
Full Member+

It's okay for the MP's promoting Electric Cars, when infact most of them aren't using one and they aren't living on a row of houses built in the 1880's which weren't designed for car use. My street, Nuttall Street in Accrington has 5-6 parking spaces for about 30 houses. I think this would be the same for most houses built during the industrial revolution.

Thankfully I'm at an age were my current car will be the last one.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 24-07-2023, 07:11   #8
Beacon of light

Ryewolf, your comment relates to lots of things that are going on right now.
The MPs live in a protected environment, by that I mean they have the money as a buffer to stop them being affected by the cost of living crisis, they have the convenience of having their expenses paid for by you and me.
They are not going to have to worry how they pay their rent, their council tax, their power bills….and the rest.
taddy and Ryewolf90 like this.
Old 24-07-2023, 17:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
How do you feel about the drive to attain net zero?
Ok…over to you!
What a cracking post, I am with you all the way Marge. this island of ours and it's seas, sit upon some of the earliest and most plentiful coal and gas deposits in the world and yet Maggie's government shut down most of the coal mines in the UK in order to spite the N.U.M. and allowed coal to be bought and brought in from Poland and other shall we say countries from (behind) the iron curtain.

OK, it maybe uneconomical to re-sink shafts and re-open new coal mines but surely we can still exploit the gas fields that surround this island of ours's.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2023, 17:15   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post

Thankfully I'm at an age were my current car will be the last one.
Oh, You must be the same age as me.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2023, 19:13   #11
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
What a cracking post, I am with you all the way Marge. this island of ours and it's seas, sit upon some of the earliest and most plentiful coal and gas deposits in the world and yet Maggie's government shut down most of the coal mines in the UK in order to spite the N.U.M. and allowed coal to be bought and brought in from Poland and other shall we say countries from (behind) the iron curtain.

OK, it maybe uneconomical to re-sink shafts and re-open new coal mines but surely we can still exploit the gas fields that surround this island of ours's.
Thank you Taddy.
I like to post something to stimulate discussion.

You talk about this island and the seas.
These seas are the answer to generating green energy with such security of supply that we would be envied by land locked nations.
Two tides per day…guaranteed. But they say it is too difficult to execute.
We can put men on the moon, but we cannot work out a way of harnessing the energy of two tides per day.
Instead we rely on those ludicrous wind turbines that sometimes have to be turned off because the wind is too strong and then on the other days there is no wind at all….so nothing produced on both of those times.

Those just stop oil loonies…I bet all of them have mobile phones…made of plastic.
Where do they think the plastic comes from.
Those hi vis vests…how do they think they were produced.
How do they get to the venues where protests take place….did they walk(if so I apologise for my sarcasm)…but if the drove there….shame on those hypocrites.
If they took public transport…do they think the buses run on fresh air…or the tube trains….are they running on the electric produced by…..wait for it….fossil fuels.

They want us to go back to the dark ages.
That would suit them.
taddy likes this.
Old 24-07-2023, 21:21   #12
Full Member+

These Just Oil Loonies are just virtue signaling, a number of the that were arrested had big 4x4 Land Rover Discoveries and they probably went back to their luxury 4 bedroom homes that have gas central heating and none solar powered electricity, all fossil fuel base.

The youngsters on these demos probably live with their parents who live in those big 4 bedroom houses with 4x4 SUV's, guzzling energy with the gas central heating and fossil fuel backed electricity. They've probably got iPhones and iPads built by the Chinese who don't give a stuff about the climate as long as they are producing products for the Just Stop Oil loonies..

How do they the ipad and iPhones get here, they don't just magical transport from the factory in China to the UK, they have to be transported in huge mega container ships that guzzle fuel like it's going out of fashion....

When I see the Just Stop Oil loonies being dragged off the roads, I cheer on the people doing it, because in the end the loonies are just creating traffic jams and slowing down traffic and actually contributing to more petrol or diesel use by their own actions.

And then of course we have the police idly standing by and doing nothing to prevent this from happening except for arresting those inconvenienced by the protesters because they took matters into their own hands.

Sorry for the rant...
Old 25-07-2023, 07:16   #13
God Member

Here’s the reality of Net Zero for some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1324.jpeg (456.1 KB, 11 views)
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2023, 07:25   #14
God Member

Here’s a different reality for Net Zero zealots…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1297.jpeg (192.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 25-07-2023, 07:29   #15
God Member

This is ‘The $cience’…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1246.jpeg (365.6 KB, 11 views)
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..