Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2010, 10:30   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: The happiest day of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Nowadays John it is called living over the hoover!
Or the Dyson
Old 25-10-2010, 10:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Agree with Cashy .... if you can afford it and that is what you want, why not ?

There are many broken marriages whether you have a large or shoestring wedding anyway.

Mine was small ... one bridesmaid ... 11 guests ... now divorced.

Have to laugh now though ... I was 5 months pregnant when I got married and, not wishing to being seen as hypocritical or open to comments (would have been then), got married in a pink dress as white reflects virginity and purity. Doesn't seem to apply now though.... lots have lived together and had children before they eventually tie the knot and still get married in white.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 10:34   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

There are many broken marriages whether you have a large or shoestring wedding anyway.

Have to laugh now though ... I was 5 months pregnant when I got married and, not wishing to being seen as hypocritical or open to comments (would have been then), got married in a pink dress as white reflects virginity and purity. Doesn't seem to apply now though.... lots have lived together and had children before they eventually tie the knot and still get married in white.
That's shocking Kate, it was more subtle in the old days, the bride's father walking down the aisle with a Purdy under his arm
Old 25-10-2010, 10:54   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's shocking Kate, it was more subtle in the old days, the bride's father walking down the aisle with a Purdy under his arm
Tee hee 'shot gun wedding'. Did get the choice though from my parents who offered to support me no matter what I decided.
Old 25-10-2010, 11:41   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Agreed.

There are no guarantees, regardless of how much, or how little, is spent on a wedding.

Though personally I'd be spitting feathers if the other lovebird was now in someone else's nest, and I was still thousands of pounds in debt.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 15:38   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
For the couple, the highlight of the whole thing was kneeling before the priest to receive the nuptial blessing."

Fr Ray Blake's Blog
I do understand what this priest was trying to say, but have never been to a big wedding where the vows were not said with sincerity and love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Though personally I'd be spitting feathers if the other lovebird was now in someone else's nest, and I was still thousands of pounds in debt.

Of course .. but, could still have been the happiest day of your life, couldn't it, if that makes sense.
Old 25-10-2010, 17:47   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Tee hee 'shot gun wedding'. Did get the choice though from my parents who offered to support me no matter what I decided.
Ya but you weren't the one with that Purdy stuck in your ear like me
Old 25-10-2010, 17:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I chose an oatmeal suit......something practical that I could wear over and over again
And make biscuits from it after the honeymoon.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..