Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2009, 08:03   #1
TJH

The Police For Once Got Them!!

Recently we have had trouble with kids and men on motorbikes using the pine wood next to Wilsons Playing Fields as there personal dirt track circuit. As we are the only house which backs directly onto the woodland we are the only people affected by these noisy bikes. The bike riders have cut trees down, made holes and ramps and in the process caused serious damage to roots and paths. Anyway, the police never seem to catch them as they ride off the moment they spot a hiviz jacket. tuesday was a different case. A traffic policeman arrived 10minutes after my call to Gt Harwood station. He caught both of them (turned out he plays rugby!!) and had the bike confiscated and charged the rider with driving with no insurance or licence.

A good and rare result, but again it shows that the system works on occasions.

The rider will now have to appear in court and pay £150 to get his bike back + court fines & costs. For everyday he does not collect his bike a further £20.00 gets added to his storage bill!!.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2009, 08:32   #2
God Member

Re: The Police For Once Got Them!!

Good news for you
I wonder if they will move back to Heys playing fields in Ossy
At least now I know it will be worth phoning if they do.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 08:02   #3
Senior Member+

In the ossy playing fields they need four police cars to cover each exit as they have no chance otherwise! If they had somewhere to ride the bikes local they wouldnt have this problem
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 20:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Good news for you
I wonder if they will move back to Heys playing fields in Ossy
At least now I know it will be worth phoning if they do.
I wonder if they will move to the Plantation St Field and ruin the surface for kids playing games...
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 20:44   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
If they had somewhere to ride the bikes local they wouldnt have this problem
That is no excuse for damaging private land and woods though is it?
Maybe these riders should get permission to ride somewhere before they buy the bike.
Old 25-08-2009, 20:57   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
In the ossy playing fields they need four police cars to cover each exit as they have no chance otherwise! If they had somewhere to ride the bikes local they wouldnt have this problem
If they can afford the bikes then they can afford to rent some land to play on. Who's going to provide them with their pleasure grounds. The tax payers again

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 22:34   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
if they taxed n insured them they could even go on a road.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:04   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if they taxed n insured them they could even go on a road.
With what I've seen of those that use the Heys playing fields cashy, they're not old enough, isn't it 16 to go on the road on a motor bike, some of these are nowhere near that age
Old 26-08-2009, 09:16   #9
God Member

good result but the police have the power to have it crushed and that would have been an even better result , why give the bike back so they can re-offend ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 09:29   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
good result but the police have the power to have it crushed and that would have been an even better result , why give the bike back so they can re-offend ?
Because the law now says they have to be warned once first, the next time the bike, car, 4x4 or whatever that is being illegally used like this will be taken and crushed.
Old 26-08-2009, 19:42   #11
God Member

bahh typical , the law finally got it right for a few seconds and then some do gooder soft arse gets it altered

next will be a law saying if you murder someone you get a warning not to do it again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-08-2009, 17:56   #12

why cant the council provide somewhere for them to go ? mind u the council are in the process of ruining the paths up the coppice so i wont be able to ride up there soon but as long as the thick sock wearing ramblers are happy then who cares.
Old 30-08-2009, 18:51   #13
God Member

why should the council provide somehwere to go and spend our money providing it

there are plenty of tracks for these bikes up and down teh country and if they cant afford teh hobby then dont do it , besides teh majority of kids riding around on these bikes and larger bikes have stolen them and are simply joy riding

Old 30-08-2009, 21:34   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If they can afford the bikes then they can afford to rent some land to play on. Who's going to provide them with their pleasure grounds. The tax payers again

Retlaw.
Renting land is not easy.
The Farmer has the responsibility to ensure that Health and Safety Measures and insurance are in place before making the land available.
It would cost the organisers, be it council or private, serious funding for this to be allowed to happen. Objections would probably come in thick and fast, not to mention the local councillors trying to score brownie points.
The taxpayers provide funding for all sorts of stupid projects, why not provide
skill centres for these young ones to gain experience before taking these potential lethal weapons on the road.
That would save taxpayers money not waste it?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 18:26   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
why should the council provide somehwere to go and spend our money providing it

there are plenty of tracks for these bikes up and down teh country and if they cant afford teh hobby then dont do it , besides teh majority of kids riding around on these bikes and larger bikes have stolen them and are simply joy riding
that really is a good attitude and stereotyping, in that case i dont want my taxes to pay for lesbian outreach centers and anything else im not intrested in.

i have a few mates who do motorcross and they haven't stolen the bikes but there is not many places locally for them to go.

the whole area needs better investment in leisure.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..