Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2022, 11:01   #121
Beacon of light

Re: The world of "Woke"

Oh well, that explains it!
Not that I think all Lesbians would employ such tactics, but it seems that the minorities among society want the rest of us to deal with their issues.
I really do not care what someone’s sexuality is, but neither do I want it shoved down my throat or used to gain any kind of advantage socially.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2022, 04:10   #122

Less, I did once try that (sorry, Margaret, my sort of excuse is I was only young) and I told my (male) boss I was suffering from really bad cramps even though I wasn’t. I was very convincing, being a bit of an actress, and he sent me home without any hesitation. Told me to have the afternoon off. I have to admit I felt a twinge of guilt when I realised how concerned he was for me, but it was too late to change my story.

As a matter-of-fact my convincing must have been better than I thought because by the time I got home I had also convinced myself and had to go to bed with a hot water bottle because I really did have bad cramps. Talk about a just punishment. Needless to say I never tried that again.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 04:12   #123

To even suggest having a male Period Dignity Officer is beyond belief. Is someone joking about a subject that isn’t funny? Surely it is not true. How long did it take them to think up that ridiculous title?

Why is it necessary to have a PDO anyway, even a female one? We are not living in the dark ages when such subjects were never discussed, especially in polite society, so that a young girl getting a period for the first time thought she was bleeding to death. It is a natural occurrence and while I realise that some women are still embarrassed to discuss this with their daughters, though personally I don’t understand why, surely there are community nurses that can answer questions for the young girls, or female counsellors in senior schools who can give first-hand information on the subject.

That male officer could be better put to use by explaining to men what it is that women experience when having periods so that they will be a bit more understanding when understanding is needed – that is, of course, if anyone has explained it to him first.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 13:55   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't think that would bother her, she was too far in league with the P.C. brigade she was(is) a lesbian!
What was it Corporal Jones used to say in "Dads Army", Oh yes, "They don't like it up em Captain Mainwaring", Sorry to anyone of a Lesbian disposition.

Last edited by taddy; 22-08-2022 at 13:58. Reason: extra words
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 15:55   #125
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
What was it Corporal Jones used to say in "Dads Army", Oh yes, "They don't like it up em Captain Mainwaring", Sorry to anyone of a Lesbian disposition.

Quite true about the rugmunchers, but I think Jonesie was talking about the Hun & Fuzzy Wuzzies at the time, or at least I'm pretty sure he was ...... ?
Old 22-08-2022, 17:12   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite true about the rugmunchers, but I think Jonesie was talking about the Hun & Fuzzy Wuzzies at the time, or at least I'm pretty sure he was ...... ?
Correct
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..