Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 12:07   #1
Senior Member+

They work for you, honest!

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/
Check what your local MP is doing.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2005, 12:44   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: They work for you, honest!

have checked it out- not very inspiring is about the kindest comment i can make.
Old 10-05-2005, 13:05   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Thank you, Bazf, for this timely reference. I must admit that I find it puzzling that the electorate of Hyndburn have yet again returned this man as their representative.. We are of course, fully aware of his stance on the rights of goldfish, and his desire to rid the borough of the uncivilised hunting, shooting and fishing fraternity. But I must admit to being somewhat shocked that the subject of his last two written parliamentary questions is that of "Evidence obtained under torture in another country".

This is from the same person who supported the war in Iraq. It would seem to me that -irrespective of the argument for or against the war - there should be some logical consistency in his stance, and that ramming the occaisional hot poker up the bum of some dubious Al Quida supporter in return for life -saving information pales into insignificance compared to the thousands dead (both Anglo/American and Iraqi) as a consequence of the entry into Iraq.

Therefore one must suspect some ulterior motive in his decision to ask these questions. Could it possibly, I wonder, be anything to do with the General Election timing? Could it well be these questions were asked at the behest of a certain section of the Hyndburn constituency, in the knowledge of an election most likely in the coming? One thing is for certain - there was no publicity about this. I do not recall anything in his electoral address mentioning these questions.

I wonder what the size of his majority would otherwise have been, had the people of Hyndburn known their MP had set, as his priority, the rights of foreign nationals before the interests of his constituents?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 10-05-2005 at 13:10.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 15:10   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
I posted that link on 6th May, the day after the election. You posted yourself in the same thread Bazf.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 15:16   #5
Senior Member+

Got to agree T I was a little taken a back that a member of Parliment for Hyndburn never asked 1 question about Funding for the region or Jobs to be brought to the area and it seems only asks questions when the PM is not there. Now could this be because he has to ask so many questions to keep his ranking up? some of the things from the site that are quite intresting

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 15:18   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
I posted that link on 6th May, the day after the election. You posted yourself in the same thread Bazf.
I thought I'd seen it before. My brain must be going.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 15:33   #7
Give, give, give member

On clicking the link on Greg Pope's speeches on gay rights, according to the link and Hansard, gay has never crossed his lips, so why was it posted?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 18:22   #8
Senior Member+

I think that "certain" individuals are just dead set against Mr Pope as our elected MP to the extent that they assume we will just blindly believe what they post and not look any further.
Old 10-05-2005, 18:36   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
I think that "certain" individuals are just dead set against Mr Pope as our elected MP to the extent that they assume we will just blindly believe what they post and not look any further.
45.97% of people who voted in the Hyndburn constituency voted for Greg Pope, this leaves 54.03% who didn't. Therefore, I think you will find slightly more people speak out against our esteemed member of parliament than in his favour.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 20:53   #10
Junior Member+

would this be a good time to mention religion?
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 21:20   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
45.97% of people who voted in the Hyndburn constituency voted for Greg Pope, this leaves 54.03% who didn't. Therefore, I think you will find slightly more people speak out against our esteemed member of parliament than in his favour.
54.03%= loosers then.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:35   #12
God Member

I'd like to know your definition of a looser then Garinda. , Just for interest of course
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..