Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2005, 13:36   #16
God Member

Re: Thieving Scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i know it goes without saying but change any passwords etc that you may have for emails , online banking , forums etc
No offence meant but this is another reason I like Linux, Without being able to guess my passwords(at least 2 different ones and perform some other obscure tasks) they would never be able to find my site passwords etc as they are held encrypted.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2005, 14:22   #17
I am Banned

oh dear, sorry to hear whats happened i will try and keep a lookout.
you never know what i might hear in the pub! chin up tho xxx
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 15:12   #18

So sorry to hear about your burgalry Wingy. Will keep ears open & let you know if I hear anything. Keep your chin up mate.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 15:42   #19
Roy
Administrator

Grrr.... I know exactly how you feel wingy!! No doubt the police wont be able to do a thing even if they have suspects.. It really is annoying that these theiving gits get away with it time and again. You say they went through all my gear as well, is the GPS still there? I think thats about the most expensive item really.. So long as they didn't take the land rover that is!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 16:45   #20
God Member

Sorry to here what happened wingy and the chances of the police doing anything is very remote indeed. As for the insurance company they cant wait to take it off you but them paying out is like waiting for rocking horse dung.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 17:12   #21
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear your bad news. They are scum !

Just a word of caution as it happened to me. Some burglars like to come back about 8 weeks later as thats when they reckon the insurance companys have paid out....that too happened to me !!! but just as they was getting in through the back door i was coming in through the front door with my son !

Chrissie
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 17:25   #22

sorry to hear that wingy my ear is to the ground.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 17:29   #23

Really sorry to hear about the break in Wingy. I'll lay odds they knew you were away. Insurance cover doesn't help though. It's knowing the scum have been handling your possessions, and the feeling of violation that somebody could desecrate your property. I'll definitely keep my ears open Wingy.
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 18:01   #24

hi,sorry to hear that its problery some one you know it was when i got robbed
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 18:13   #25
Resting in Peace

Aaaaaah big motherly hug to you ((((((wingey)))))) .. can't help though, never been offered anything like this before. Think you gotta' wave goodbye to it all though and take the advice as offered above re. replacements .. they clever b's.
Always will be thieves in this world; often wondered what makes them this way. Excuse is drugs now, but what was it before ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 18:21   #26
God Member

It is all very well for the Police to claim that crime figures are falling but even one incident like this is too many. My comiserations to Wingy, having been in much the same situation several times I do empathise. However, kind words do little to restore your sense of security.

One wouldn't mind nearly so much if the people who committed this sort of crime were starving or were reduced to stealing to support their families, but the sad fact of the matter is that they aren't, more than likely it was done to fund a drug habit or just for the "buzz". What sort of society are we creating for ourselves and our children?
Old 31-10-2005, 18:44   #27
mez
God Member

not heard anything yet wingy but as soon as i do i will let you know, had a word in the ear of a mate ........he may hear something will ring you when i do hear owt the ba****ds.
Old 31-10-2005, 19:09   #28
God Member

Sorry to hear that Wingy, been through this myself and know how angry you'll be feeling.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 19:21   #29

There is some low lifes around. Check with your insurance company if you can also claim for new locks on doors as some companies pay out for these, regardless if they are damaged or not. If not change them anyway.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 19:34   #30
Len
God Member

Sorry mate, must be awful. Let’s hope the scum OD on the crap they buy for them selves.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..