Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2006, 21:37   #1
God Member

This is where I live!

Quite appropriately, considering the thread about rose coloured spectacles, I am involved in a project that needs people who are prepared to talk about living in Hyndburn and their faith.

What I'm looking for is up to 50 participants who represent ALL different faiths, including a couple of atheists. They'll be asked how their faith (or lack of) impacts on their day to day life and how they interact with other people in the area. They will also be photographed doing something that is NOT related to their faith i.e. playing cricket, knitting, etc.

It's an art project and will form an exhibition for the photographer but it's also a social documentation project.

Would anybody be prepared to be interviewed and included? If you want to know a bit more about it please feel free to pm me and I'll happily chat to you about it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2006, 22:14   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: This is where I live!

As God is my witness no, no, no, we atheists will never ever be photographed playing cricket whilst knitting, (cricket is for cissies not like good old butch knitting)!

(I am actually a member of the second eleven baptist knitting circle you know!)

Last edited by Less; 20-10-2006 at 22:16.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 22:30   #3
Resident Waffler

I don't knit or play cricket.

I do waffling though if that's any use.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 22:40   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I don't knit or play cricket.

I do waffling though if that's any use.
Only if you do it religiously!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 22:43   #5
God Member

Im not in hyndburn so count me out!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 07:36   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
ALL different faiths, including a couple of atheists. They'll be asked how their faith (or lack of) impacts on their day to day life ............ They will also be photographed
As an atheist I would say my lack of faith does not impact my day to day life at all.
After recent events I might be concerned that my photograph was used for something other than what is was taken far , although I am sure you would have the manners to ask first.
Old 21-10-2006, 12:49   #7
God Member

No longer a resident of Hynburn so cant help Gayle. If one comes up that asks about the perspective people have and how moving away affected them then its a maybe.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 22:34   #8

I find atheists are more tolerant of others faith, as be you christian, moslem, hindu, sikh, zoroastrian or whatever you get treated with the same amount of respect as long as you don't ram it down my throat.

My day to day living is not affected by my atheism, however I do get sick of the "why don't you believe then?" or "well I'll pray for your soul then".
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 20:35   #9
God Member

And to recap on this one too - I need some more participants.

I would like representatives from all the religious persuasions that are represented in Hyndburn. All you'll have to do is be interviewed and photographed talking about why you live in Accrington and how that affects the way you practice your faith.

Come on people get involved please!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..