Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2010, 10:21   #1
Resting in Peace

This makes me sick

Dead ?fighting? dog found in Accrington park pond (From Lancashire Telegraph)
This kind of think makes me sick, just what pleasure these people get from seeing dogs rip each other to pieces God only knows
Old 27-09-2010, 11:19   #2
God Member

Re: This makes me sick

they are scum these are the people who wouldnt think twice killing a human being its a known fact serial killers practice on animals first .these scum should rot in hell
Old 27-09-2010, 11:45   #3
God Member

They should bring back the modern day equivalent of the dog licence. All dogs should be chipped then at least there is some chance of finding the owner
Old 27-09-2010, 11:59   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They should bring back the modern day equivalent of the dog licence. All dogs should be chipped then at least there is some chance of finding the owner
Would it be of any use though dave? these scum can surely remove the chip from a dead dog. as been said before the real deterant fer crime is suitable/severe consequences. n no party has the balls to introduce that....... too many goody goody ******* these days.
Old 27-09-2010, 12:22   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would it be of any use though dave? these scum can surely remove the chip from a dead dog.

It won't eliminate it altogether but if they are found with a dog without chip in the first place and it's taken off them at least it helps to reduce the risk.
Old 27-09-2010, 15:09   #6
God Member

You lot are a bunch of wimps. What's the problem with dog fights? Bring 'em back - togreather with cock fighting and bear-baiting. Lets have some real grass roots sport for a change, instead of this Mickey Mouse nonsense we currently have. The Ossy Paladium would make an excellent venue - thursday night dog fights, friday night cock fights and saturday night female wrestling. Soon get the punters in.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 15:28   #7

My dog is chipped, had to be to bring him here. The problem is that when you move, you have to notify the proper authorities, at £5(?) per change of address. How many of these "people" would follow the rules?
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 15:39   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
How many of these "people" would follow the rules?
The same number who follow the rules about car insurance etc. At least if 10% of them are caught it's 10% more than none
Old 27-09-2010, 16:05   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
You lot are a bunch of wimps. What's the problem with dog fights? Bring 'em back - togreather with cock fighting and bear-baiting. Lets have some real grass roots sport for a change, instead of this Mickey Mouse nonsense we currently have. The Ossy Paladium would make an excellent venue - thursday night dog fights, friday night cock fights and saturday night female wrestling. Soon get the punters in.

The problem is that many people find these acts to be barbaric,we are by nature a race that have become very loving and caring towards helpless creatures.

Well that and it interferes with the throwing the donkey off the car park competition.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 16:21   #10
God Member

I've got BBC 24 news on at the moment; press button red for North West News and fourth item down reads 'Cat discovered with rotting leg'. I ask you what priorities we have in this country and specifically in this region that this can make headline news? We have taken collective leave of our senses if some mangy cat with a dodgy leg can take precedence over all other priorities we face?
By the way, this story is headlined over that of two deaths and a rape. Some people are bonkers.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 16:49   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Dead ?fighting? dog found in Accrington park pond (From Lancashire Telegraph)
This kind of think makes me sick, just what pleasure these people get from seeing dogs rip each other to pieces God only knows

It's sick and barbaric and the Perpetrators should be publically flogged.
Old 27-09-2010, 17:08   #12
Senior Member+

I am far from being squeamish, but this sort of thing really turns my stomach - anything where animals are killed for the amusement of moronic cretins is totally wrong - fox-hunting, badger baiting, bull fighting, etc. However, I do believe that where animals/reptiles/fish are killed in the name of sport for edible purposes is acceptable.
I like game birds (including turkey), venison, and wild boer (European & American)
Old 27-09-2010, 17:13   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The chipping & licensing issue wouldn't make any difference at all with these people, most of the Dogs are bred illegally purely for this purpose & I really can't understand how people can "enjoy" such a spectacle, I find it irreconcilable, barbaric & obscene.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 17:39   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysimon View Post
It's sick and barbaric and the Perpetrators should be publically flogged.
Hell we're singing off the same hymn sheet
Old 27-09-2010, 18:06   #15
Senior Member+

do you remember they found a house around steiner st area a few months ago with fighting dogs inside police raided it took away about 4 dogs i think
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..