Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2005, 20:45   #1
Senior Member+

This ones a biggy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050921/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Wow this hurricane has reached massive preportions in just a few hours. The people of Houston and Galveston are leaving this could be worse then Katrina.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2005, 20:47   #2
God Member

Re: This ones a biggy

This getting to be a bit freaky now Bazf will it be stronger than Katrina?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 20:52   #3
God Member

Blimey Bazf, fingers crossed for everyone again, really find it hard to imagine having to pack things up and leave home etc, we dont know how lucky we are really do we.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 20:59   #4
I am Banned

How bad is it florida way Bazf????? got a mate on hol there at the moment
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 21:17   #5
Senior Member+

Here in Tampa we are getting a soaking at the moment, but it will only last a couple of hours so not to bad. The Florida Keys got a little of the hurricane but that was when it was small, so this year we have had it easy compared to last year.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 21:31   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just been upgraded to category 5 they said its stronger than katrina - should hit the coast in the next 48-60 hrs,just hope it lands somewhere where it cant cause much mayhem.
Old 21-09-2005, 22:43   #7
Resident Waffler

USA is really getting a battering lately. On the radio this morning they said it happens like this every so often. Hope there aren't many casualties with this one. It must be terrible to go through something like that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 07:19   #8
mez
God Member

at least bush is helping this time, lets hope not as many deaths this time.
Old 22-09-2005, 10:12   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
at least bush is helping this time, lets hope not as many deaths this time.
Lets pray that when it does land there will be minimal need for these people. I t is better to be safe than sorry and with luck the affected areas are completely clear. If this is as big as Andrew then it will be like the aftermath of a war when it passes and the few people in the path of thes monster the better.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 10:29   #10
God Member

It does make you wonder why in a known hurricane zone that houses are made of wood etc. Whats wrong with good old stone/brick etc?Surely teh damage wouldn't be as bad if buildings were more substantial?

As for all those comapnies trying to sell us Brits holiday homes on the Florida Keys.........
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 11:53   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
It does make you wonder why in a known hurricane zone that houses are made of wood etc. Whats wrong with good old stone/brick etc?Surely teh damage wouldn't be as bad if buildings were more substantial?

As for all those comapnies trying to sell us Brits holiday homes on the Florida Keys.........
whilst admiringing some of the beautiful houses in new orleans we had the same discussion.
Old 22-09-2005, 11:58   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
How bad is it florida way Bazf????? got a mate on hol there at the moment
My mate is ok got txt at 3.30am this morning been hot & sunny jammy so & so
Old 22-09-2005, 12:51   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
My mate is ok got txt at 3.30am this morning been hot & sunny jammy so & so
I'm glad to hear he's fine accystanmac, now get your bath filled for the dolphin he's bringing back for you

I do hope Rita doesn't leave the destruction and sheer devastation that Katrina did. The stories and pictures that were coming from the news agencies were incredibly hard to comprehend!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 22-09-2005 at 13:13.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 13:01   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'm glad to hear he's fine accystanmac, not get your bath filled for the dolphin he's bringing back for you
Well he said that the swimming with dolphins was fully booked altho they get to pet one at seaworld so ive reminded him i want the equatic van outside my house delivering my dolphin if not i'll sulk for england lol
Old 22-09-2005, 19:37   #15
God Member

Like Katrina, three weeks ago, Rita seems set to wreak havoc with the US's oil production and refining capability. I have heard figures of 13.5% of refining capacity bandied about. What impact will this storm have on the price of petrol if America is forced once more to seek to make up the shortfall through the European Market? Will £1.00 + per litre become standard at UK pumps?

There was also talk this evening of more storms to come in the next few weeks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..