Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2005, 07:14   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Throw another barbie on the fire

Well here we are Bank Holiday and barbeque season, here's my tale do you
have one?

It was an idyllic bank holiday monday, sunny day light
cooling breeze, my wife had been up early pre-cooking
the chicken ready for when the booze, erm' guests
arrived.
I'm in the garden lighting the fire, my son is off
riding his chopper bike building up an appetite, it
was the first barbeque my daughter was old enough to
enjoy. "what you doing dad?". "I'm getting the fire
ready for the Barbie". A look of horror comes over my
daughters face and she runs in to the house straight
past my wife and shuts herself in her bedroom.
What have you done to upset her asks my wife? I
have no idea came the shocked reply.
We went upstairs to find her in tears packing all her
dolls into a suitcase in preparation for running away,
Whats wrong asked my wife? In between very large sobs my
daughter explains that she is not going to let her
horrible dad set fire to her favourite dolls, it took
a while to explain and calm her down. Afterwards I
seem to remember a good time being had by all!

Last edited by Less; 30-05-2005 at 07:26.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2005, 13:47   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Throw another barbie on the fire

Last August I went to visit my sister in Brisbane. Barbies over there are a national institution.......and every self respecting male considers that he is KING of the barbie.
It was a lovely spring evening, we were sat on the patio trying to decide what to have for dinner......when Peter (my sisters hubby) went to investigate the contents of the fridge.
Sausages...yes, burgers....yes, chops......yes, steak...yes he considered we had all the right things to cook up a decent barbie.
He set to, to light the monster. My sister and I retired to the kitchen to make the salads and boil some potatoes.
Everything seemed to be going well......Peter looked like he had a handle on things......good smells were drifting our way......burgers sausages and chops were cooked and put into dishes and covered with foil to keep hot.......it was time for the steak to be cooked. The steak was beautiful, with just a bit of fat marbling the meat......I was licking my lips at the thought of it.
The steaks were put on the barbie and within minutes there were flames leaping up off the barbeque towards the overhang of the roof.......Peter tried to put out the flames with his apron, but he was wearing swimming trunks under his apron and the heat was too much for his tender little places........there was a large towel placed by the pool.......this was hastily dunked into the pool and thrown over the barbie........the flames were extinguished, but the steaks were ruined.
The wall of the house was singed and the paint on the verandah was all blistered......the smell fair put us off eating outside.
We ate the burgers, chops and sausages, but it wasn't quite the barbie we expected.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 18:39   #3

No bbq stories to tell, but have enjoyed reading your experiences.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 20:35   #4
God Member

cooked, ate, drank, had a laugh, that's about as far as my bbq stories go, but thanks for the stories they made me smile!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..