Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2010, 23:34   #1

tinkers

Hi. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the dramtic rise of tinkers in Accrington, and the associated noise, drunkeness and fighting. Let alone the amount of caravans parked on pavement's ( i thought that you could not live in a caravan parked on a street).
I,m origionally from m/c and lived in some of the seedier area's ( Collyhurst, Cheetham hill, Ancoats, Wythenshaw and Moss side) and when i moved up here first to Haslingden then Accrington i thought is was a beautiful area, but now it seems to have degenerated to the level of some of those area's. Please someone tell me this is just a passing fad, or is this the best i can expect.

Dissalusioned Accrington.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2010, 06:57   #2

Re: tinkers

Welcome to the site.

This issue is being discussed elsewhere on the site although Tinkers is not the name used for them.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 09:33   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well mate, accy is not the town it used to be, but where is? can't comment on the areas you mention, but having resided in Gorton, fer a few months approx 10 yrs ago, in my opinion accy is great in comparison,
Old 22-07-2010, 11:41   #4
God Member

well thanx to them ossy sure aint a good night out any more.One landlord was beaten stupid for trying to clean his pub up

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 15:39   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Although I use it as an early warning that an hour from now they will be fighting amongst themselves, (that's when I go somewhere else for a drink), the sudden burst into song from one of them and it's always a tear jerker about some failed attempt to free Ireland from the tyrannical British rulers, really does get up my nose, there are so many lively and happy Irish songs, but no, they have to sing the worst of the bunch every time, no wonder they get depressed and end up fighting.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 17:48   #6

there living in alot living springhill in houses
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 18:02   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02hudsond View Post
there living in alot living springhill in houses
Come again, can you translate please
Old 22-07-2010, 18:52   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
else for a drink), the sudden burst into song from one of them and it's always a tear jerker about some failed attempt to free Ireland from the tyrannical British rulers,
Suren theres nothin more loyal than an Irishman away from the Isle to be sure, unless that there Irishman is an Irish Tinker be jezus ! Wi a longin for the Home Country & the Grand ol' days o' Erin !

Actually mate there's a pretty good ferry service runs out of Liverpool to the land o yer fathers, give it a try you may be surprised, I believe the expresion is "there'll be a welcoming in the hills !"
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 19:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Suren theres nothin more loyal than an Irishman away from the Isle to be sure, unless that there Irishman is an Irish Tinker be jezus ! Wi a longin for the Home Country & the Grand ol' days o' Erin !

Actually mate there's a pretty good ferry service runs out of Liverpool to the land o yer fathers, give it a try you may be surprised, I believe the expresion is "there'll be a welcoming in the hills !"
Run by P&O I have used it many times,(Hic), my relatives in that part of the world are more than welcoming, so your point IS?

Please make it a good one.
Old 22-07-2010, 19:23   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Run by P&O I have used it many times,(Hic), my relatives in that part of the world are more than welcoming, so your point IS?

Please make it a good one.
Well if the Old Land is so green & pleasant & full of laughing little leprechauns & their hearts are tied to the fair Isle of Erin, why come over to manky old England (the land of the tyrant & oppressor) & open a bloody Irish Pub, drink yourself stupid & get all maudlin for "Home"

Would've been easier & cheaper to just stop along a home (We are still talking about Tinkers here Less not your relatives)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 20:16   #11

they are living in a lot of houses in the springhill area
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 23:02   #12

Yeah it seems that Springhill is now a transit camp. Caravans and flat back transits everywhere you look, and feral scruffy incolent kids who you dare not say a word too for fear of recriminations. Bad enough that the area seems to be one large dog toilet.
How an area can change in 5 years and definitely not for the better.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 05:16   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well if the Old Land is so green & pleasant & full of laughing little leprechauns & their hearts are tied to the fair Isle of Erin, why come over to manky old England (the land of the tyrant & oppressor) & open a bloody Irish Pub, drink yourself stupid & get all maudlin for "Home"

Would've been easier & cheaper to just stop along a home (We are still talking about Tinkers here Less not your relatives)

Perhaps because the Irish don't have a very high opinion of them either, coming back on the ferry one time and there was a slight delay, the ships Captain, left a group of about 10 caravans and their owners on the docks, he did not believe that it was a group of tourists going home, he wasn't going to have such unruly people on his vessel wrecking it and making life uncomfortable for his crew and passengers.

Old 23-07-2010, 09:06   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02hudsond View Post
they are living in a lot of houses in the springhill area
Now that's better, we can all understand what you were saying

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..