Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2009, 08:23   #1
Senior Member+

Topless barmaids

Although i dont think it ever caught on in Accy, i think a few pubs & clubs tried out this rather un PC gimmick.I definatley know the Duke of Wellington had them (yes,i was there),but i can't recall any others.Just wondered if anyone else could recall any other establishments that had them.Afraid anonymity cannot be guaranteed
Old 24-03-2009, 09:03   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Topless barmaids

During the 70s, near every pub in the Peckham, Old Kent Road area of London had topless barmaids, I used to stop in Peckham in those days and the local we used was the Adam and Eve, and Eve was a big girl Can't remember ever going in a pub in this neck of the woods with the same scenery
Old 24-03-2009, 15:12   #3
God Member

The nearest I've seen to this was when they did Bikini Barmaids at the Black Dog.

That was popular with the punters.
Old 24-03-2009, 15:26   #4
God Member

The `Top Club` in Clayton had them.............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 16:58   #5
Resting in Peace

Sod the topless barmaids, used to go in a bar on Newton Street in Manchester (forgotten the name), they had bottomless male barstaff ... well, did wear thongs, but brought a whole new meaning to 'nice bum' ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 17:22   #6
God Member

Nudity no longer shocks nor arouses people.
We will have to go through a time of a big 'cover up' so that when a body is revealed it will be a novelty again.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 17:37   #7
Give, give, give member

They'll have to be careful if the bar also serves hot food...especially hotpots.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 19:21   #8
Senior Member+

The ones that they had in the Duke of Welly were a right load of mingers; remember my brother in law dragging us all in for a look, what a load of rough old bags, the topless bits were hanging in the driptrays! Fair put me off my pint!
Old 24-03-2009, 19:24   #9
God Member

i once walked in the duke of wellington and the barmaid appeared to be wearing a pair of tights with 2 snooker balls hanging in them , it was only as i got closer i realised it was her boobs

luckily you could walk in the front door and straight out the back door to teh queens

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 22:02   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
The ones that they had in the Duke of Welly were a right load of mingers; remember my brother in law dragging us all in for a look, what a load of rough old bags, the topless bits were hanging in the driptrays! Fair put me off my pint!
nah linds ya gotta learn to distinguish they wern't mingers, cos their tattoos were spelt right.
Old 25-03-2009, 09:34   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nah linds ya gotta learn to distinguish they wern't mingers, cos their tattoos were spelt right.
Oh stop it nearly fell of my chair again, ya daft bat
Old 25-03-2009, 10:55   #12
Junior Member+

No one remember this,?

Sex acts scandal at lap-dance club

From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, first published Tuesday 29th Feb 2000.
LEWD acts and illicit lap-dancing have been taking place at an East Lancashire nightclub, the Lancashire Evening Telegraph can reveal.
The sleazy acts have been happening at The New Top Club, Whalley Road, Clayton-le-Moors, during its weekly topless barmaid nights, supposed to be for members only.
Last summer, Hyndburn Council's licensing committee drew up strict rules to cover any applications it might receive for lap-dancing.
Private members' clubs like the New Top Club are not obliged to apply for such permission, because the general public are not supposed to be allowed in.
But our reporters walked straight into the club without being challenged during two consecutive Thursday night topless sessions, despite signs warning that admission was for members only.
We have now passed on a dossier of information to the police. During the Evening Telegraph's first visit, barmaid Mae Ling, who was said to be from Hong Kong, lap-danced for one man in his 30s, whose friends had clubbed together to pay the £5 fee. She stripped naked before committing indecent acts.
She then lap-danced and stripped in front of a middle-aged man. The man, who was taking photographs throughout the evening, then started dancing naked with her and tried to commit an indecent act.
A man then paid Mae Ling £10 and asked for a 21st birthday treat. Club owner Mohammed Nasir, who was commentating on the action over the club's PA system, told her to give him "something really special".
The man laid face down on the floor and Mae Ling poured beer over his naked body and committed indecent acts with him, while other customers took photographs. Mae Ling later came round collecting money for a strip show at 11.20pm. She told customers afterwards that she would have done a more explicit show if more money had been put into the collection.
On both weeks, Mr Nasir openly fondled the barmaids and encouraged customers to touch Mae Ling's bare backside for free. He bragged that he could have sex with the topless barmaids without paying.
Last Thursday, a young blonde barmaid called Caroline, from Accrington, allowed punters to commit indecent acts on her for £2 a time. Mr Nasir told customers the only reason that there was no strip show was because it was only Caroline's third time and she was shy.
Other customers paid £1 to have bar staff take their picture while touching Caroline's semi-naked body.
Mr Nasir kept the bar open 20 minutes late and mouthed obscenities about the police over the PA system.
When initially contacted about the allegations, Mr Nasir said: "The only thing that goes on here is topless barmaids.
"Sometimes there is a strip show at the end of the night. But this is a private members club with free membership so everyone who comes in has to sign in." But when our reporter told Mr Nasir he had witnessed the acts first-hand, he admitted that lap-dancing and indecent acts described had taken place.
He said: "Some of the girls do let people do naughty things to them, but it is only for a laugh. I just pay them to work topless behind the bar, I don't expect anything else. But if they are doing something extra for fun and to get some money to take home, that's good for them."
He said there had been no membership checks because the doorman was off sick following an accident.
Mr Nasir conceded that it was his duty as licensee to maintain good standards at the club.
paulhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 12:56   #13
God Member

£5 for an indecent act in clayton le moors ?

£10 for an indecent birthday presant in clayton le moors ?

if he had gone further into clayton le moors he coulda probably got the same service for a pack of fags

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 13:45   #14
God Member

pmsfl
Old 25-03-2009, 13:46   #15
God Member

Over two hundred views on this thread and thirteen (now fourteen) replies.
Disappointment all round
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..