Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 21:27   #1
Senior Member+

travelers in clayton

Have been taken for a walk by my dog tonight through the Petre Road industrial estate (near Dunkenhalgh Way but up Blackburn Road a bit),when we got to Walmsley Court (right hand side just past N.H.S. building). We were met by caravans, white pickup trucks, lights, and running generators. They are parked up in the car parking spaces for the businesses there.

I have made the assumption that they are travelers, but I was not wearing the correct underwear to go any closer to get a better look or a caravan count but it was ten plus at a guess plus vehicles.

Has anyone got anymore information as to how long they have been there, the other businesses further round the estate had taken the precaution of blocking off car parks with vehicles.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2012, 14:34   #2
Senior Member+

Re: travelers in clayton

Got a knock on the door this morning asking if I wanted any tarmac doing.

From the pictures it looks like the police are on site and have re organized the caravans and vehicles to enable the business at the bottom to operate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1526.JPG (280.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1527.JPG (267.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1528.JPG (305.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1529.JPG (247.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1530.JPG (241.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 14-04-2012, 14:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why the hell have they not just cleared em off? Its n Industrial Park aint it?
Old 14-04-2012, 14:49   #4
Senior Member+

They have taken over the car parks used by the businesses, so don't know the legalities there , but the business people will suffer as no one will go, and wagons will struggle to get in and out
Old 14-04-2012, 14:58   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
They have taken over the car parks used by the businesses, so don't know the legalities there , but the business people will suffer as no one will go, and wagons will struggle to get in and out
How long is it going to be before somebody gets hold of this problem once and for all, its not just a local thing its national, yet governments of all colours seem to be reluctant to do anything about it, yet the Council Tax Payers are saddled with the bill to clean up after these people time and time again
Old 14-04-2012, 15:03   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How long is it going to be before somebody gets hold of this problem once and for all, its not just a local thing its national, yet governments of all colours seem to be reluctant to do anything about it, yet the Council Tax Payers are saddled with the bill to clean up after these people time and time again
Agree,Your lots in power now after yer 13 years of misrule, so what they gonna do?
Old 14-04-2012, 15:14   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree,Your lots in power now after yer 13 years of misrule, so what they gonna do?
Probably as much as your mob
Old 14-04-2012, 15:35   #8
Senior Member+

Bring back the Vigilantes
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 16:02   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It does seem to fly in the face of logic, this happens all the time despite there being permanent sites in hyndburn. This occasion though is slightly different in that it is car park spaces for businesses, this will impact immediately. Its not like they have pitched up on a playing field. This could put someone out of business if nothing is done immediately.

They are to my mind doing something illegal, why do we have to go to court to remove them at great cost, and then have to clear the rubish they leave behind, and they always do, is this not flytipping, they know who has done it as they have a court instruction to remove them.

As I said face of logic. A number of years ago they pitched up on Aldi car park and it took weeks to shift them as it was land belonging to the store.
Old 14-04-2012, 16:29   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
It does seem to fly in the face of logic, this happens all the time despite there being permanent sites in hyndburn. This occasion though is slightly different in that it is car park spaces for businesses, this will impact immediately. Its not like they have pitched up on a playing field. This could put someone out of business if nothing is done immediately.

They are to my mind doing something illegal, why do we have to go to court to remove them at great cost, and then have to clear the rubish they leave behind, and they always do, is this not flytipping, they know who has done it as they have a court instruction to remove them.

As I said face of logic. A number of years ago they pitched up on Aldi car park and it took weeks to shift them as it was land belonging to the store.
Dave you've a devil of a job getting rid of squatters if they invade your home, never mind these people on your land, only seems to happen in this country
Old 14-04-2012, 17:11   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Bring back the Vigilantes
sounds a bit extreem but i reakon once teh flames got to the second caravan they would move on

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 17:24   #12
Resting In Peace

It's always the way on private land - it's up to the owners to do something about whatever nuisance it may be. We live on a private road with nice lush green verges. It's not a cul de sac so folks are always coming through and fly tipping - fridges, TVs, black bags, you name it. Fortunately we have a trailer so it's easy for us to take the stuff to the dump but it's still up to us to shift it.

Last edited by susie123; 14-04-2012 at 17:33.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 17:31   #13
God Member

i bet if you murdered someone on asda carpark the police would turn up sharpish so why not when other laws are broken ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 17:35   #14

I don't understand why if you're a traveller you have to park up on an industrial estate in a built up area - just imagine, you can go wherever you want with no ties or responsibility - an industrial park in Clayton is the last place I'd choose!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 17:54   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I don't understand why if you're a traveller you have to park up on an industrial estate in a built up area - just imagine, you can go wherever you want with no ties or responsibility - an industrial park in Clayton is the last place I'd choose!
Probably because if you were halfway up a hill in the Lakes you wouldn't be able to find much in the way of rich pickings with which to make some money. Trying hard not to be too controversial here.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..