Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2008, 15:30   #1

Angry trips to seaside

i have just seen in observer,that there is is little chance of getting the cost of £12-00p back down,it states that it is a excursion, but as margret say's it's a scheduled service.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2008, 15:46   #2
God Member

Re: trips to seaside

I have been told from a reliable source that the owner of Coachlinks is contemplating charging half price to nowcard holders- £6 - for a few weeks until the LCC make their minds up.

They are contemplating doing this for the sake of the goodwill of their regulars. They won't be able to keep it up for long because they will be running at a loss because they will get no subsidy for doing it.

They are also re-negotiating a route change via Preston, in order to comply with the 15 mile rule

The Transdev coach (from the Burnley area) just happens to have started a new coast route X64 which calls in at Accrington - but it is likely to have filled up with free passengers before it even reaches Burnley from Weir and Bacup

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 16:04   #3
God Member

for previous info about this topic see
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-37731.html

Old 27-03-2008, 16:23   #4

every one is making out that it,s only O, A, P,`S AND THE DISABLED, that use the srevice well it`s not. by the way it has to be a scheduled service as you can stop the coach at eny bus stop up to preston.
a excursion is a short trip,
Old 27-03-2008, 18:15   #5
Resting in Peace

Anyway, well done Margaret R ... got herself a quote in the Observer from 'a local website'
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 18:20   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Anyway, well done Margaret R ... got herself a quote in the Observer from 'a local website'
Have they quoted me in the paper? - they never asked - must look - will get back

PS - nothing on the website -will have to buy - unless someone tells me what was said

Old 27-03-2008, 18:28   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Have they quoted me in the paper? - they never asked - must look - will get back

PS - nothing on the website -will have to buy - unless someone tells me what was said
Yes, Margaret .. have named and shamed ya' .. LOL .. quoted from your original post on the other thread 'Dingles Get Better Treated'
Old 27-03-2008, 18:29   #8
mez
God Member

good for you margaret r but i think they could have asked you first ..............
Old 27-03-2008, 18:30   #9
God Member

Quote:
Yes, Margaret .. have named and shamed ya' .. LOL .. quoted from your original post on the other thread 'Dingles Get Better Treated'
Have they actually used the word 'dingle' ?

Old 27-03-2008, 19:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Have they actually used the word 'dingle' ?
No of course not ya' daft bat ...

Ok, here goes:-

"Regular day tripper Margaret Rothwell told a local website: "For the past 15 years these bus services have been well patronised, especially by pensioners, they go to Morecambe and Southport in the summer and to Blackpoool, Cleveleys and Fleetwood all year round.

They are services with an X number so they are scheduled services, not day trips. They are so popular they have often been full before the last pick-up point in Blackburn.

Last year Hyndburn Council made special concessions for the Fleetwood, Blackpool and Cleveleys bus, enabling pensioners and the disabled to use it at a special rate of £1. Now it will cost £12 and most pensioners won't be able to afford a day trip. It's a disgrace"

Love the 'Regular Day Tripper' label.

Not responsible for any typing errors ... x
Old 27-03-2008, 19:13   #11
God Member

Quote:
No of course not ya' daft bat ...

Ok, here goes:-

"Regular day tripper Margaret Rothwell told a local website: "For the past 15 years these bus services have been well patronised, especially by pensioners, they go to Morecambe and Southport in the summer and to Blackpoool, Cleveleys and Fleetwood all year round.

They are services with an X number so they are scheduled services, not day trips. They are so popular they have often been full before the last pick-up point in Blackburn.

Last year Hyndburn Council made special concessions for the Fleetwood, Blackpool and Cleveleys bus, enabling pensioners and the disabled to use it at a special rate of £1. Now it will cost £12 and most pensioners won't be able to afford a dayt trip. It's a disgrace"

Love the 'Regular Day Tripper' label.

Not responsible for any typing errors ... x
Thanks Kate - saved me buying the paper

Old 27-03-2008, 20:44   #12

margate it just say's a local website.i think you should get on to the paper, must be some thats a accyweber

Last edited by pam1; 27-03-2008 at 20:48.
Old 27-03-2008, 21:00   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam1 View Post
margate it just say's a local website.i think you should get on to the paper, must be some thats a accyweber
I did mail them to raise awareness of the problem - just didn't think that they would print without telling me

I don't mind - if the publicity works out for the best

Didn't someone once say ' there's no such thing as bad publicity'

Old 28-03-2008, 10:14   #14

I dont think they have a chance now.
there days out has gone to road side, but they can not say you have not trade. [they say the best things in life are free but they are wrong]
Old 28-03-2008, 10:23   #15
Give, give, give member

At least they didn't say Margaret Rothwell, regular tripper, and noted dog dirt champion.

I once emailed them a lead about a story, about trade waste not being recycled in Hyndburn, thinking they would investigate, and they just quoted me verbatim. Worth bearing in mind, if someone doesn't want their name and address in the paper.

Anyway, well done Margaret for bringing the issue to a wider audience.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..