Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2008, 16:20   #1
Senior Member+

Two Women charged over Antigua deaths

Two women have been charged in connection with the murders of British honeymooners Ben and Catherine Mullany in Antigua, police there have said.
The pair appeared before the chief magistrates in St Johns, Antigua, this morning.
Police on the Caribbean island said they were not in a position to disclose any further information at this stage.
The newly-weds, both 31 and from Pontardawe in the Swansea Valley, were shot in their hotel cottage on 28 July.
They were attacked in what police think was a robbery which went wrong on the last day of their honeymoon.
The couple were buried in a private ceremony in Wales on Wednesday.
Their families said they were planning to hold a funeral service at a later date to allow extended family members, friends and colleagues to pay their respects.
Old 14-08-2008, 16:31   #2
Loz

Re: Two Women charged over Antigua deaths

Wow didn't expect that at all!
I know it sounds sexist but you wouldn't expect it to be two women.
Glad they have been caught though,what a terrible end to what should have been the start of the rest of their lives together.
Old 14-08-2008, 16:37   #3

Just shows that nastiness is a global thing. Its a terrible age we live in, its been like this in the past, for example in victorian times in this country. You would think people would be a bit more 'civilized' by now.
Old 14-08-2008, 16:46   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_tuesday View Post
Just shows that nastiness is a global thing. Its a terrible age we live in, its been like this in the past, for example in victorian times in this country. You would think people would be a bit more 'civilized' by now.
I think that people these days are less ciilized now than years ago, people want things today and will stop at nothing to get it, wouldn't be surprised if drugs weren't involved somewhere
Old 14-08-2008, 16:50   #5
Senior Member+

i wudnt b too surprised if they were junkies lookin to rob them for a quick fix etc

but the women thing - yeah did not see that one coming

the antiguan police had to work real fast to make sure they got a result on this. no doubt the bad publicity has really affected bookings.
Old 14-08-2008, 17:29   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

As was pointed out on the radio, they don't seem to have been charged with murder - yet - just charges related to the murder. There may be more to it than has been made public.
Old 14-08-2008, 18:44   #7
God Member

im a bit sceptic about this because isnt Antigua the kind of place where they would accuse a goat of a crime and put it through a trial

well at least they arrested humans which is a start i suppose but i havnt read of any motive or how they even came to the conclusion these two women did the crime but hopefully the real culprit gets convicted

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 19:10   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like accyman, i'm waiting to see what develops, said on news "Charges Relating to the Murder" n they are still looking fer others, or words to that effect.
Old 14-08-2008, 21:45   #9
God Member

News reports on TV here are saying the women arrested were in possesion of various belongings of the murdered couple , and the Antiguan Prime Minister says the British Govt. is partly responsible for the crime wave , since they have been deporting criminals back there ....
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:57   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
News reports on TV here are saying the women arrested were in possesion of various belongings of the murdered couple , and the Antiguan Prime Minister says the British Govt. is partly responsible for the crime wave , since they have been deporting criminals back there ....
Tipicle, the only problem I see there is that we arn't deporting enough criminals back to where they came from

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..