Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2006, 16:47   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

U.N calls for 3-day truce

the U.N. has called for a 3-day truce, in lebanon to enable aid to the old,young,trapped civillians etc israel has refused saying they have opened a humanitarian corrider, after this week bombing a red cross convoy (easily distinguished from the air) bombing a U.N. observance post (after them informing them for 6hrs) causing casualties by an aid convoy, it sure seems like bullsh** to me, i think its about time blair @ bush got off the pot and sided with the rest of the civilised world in demanding an immediate ceasefire.
Old 29-07-2006, 21:05   #2

Re: U.N calls for 3-day truce

I couldn't agree more

on one side you've got isreal saying syria and iran are supplying weapons to hezbollah and calling it wrong, and yet when isreal is supplied with weapons by the usa it's ok. many people in the muslim world see this a another double standard.

how can the usa act as a peace broker if they're arming one side and refuse to speak to the other.

this attitude "We don't negotiate with terrorist's" is doing more harm than good
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 23:33   #3
God Member

totally agree with whats been posted above, the only [U]honest[U] American with any integrity who I think would be trusted by both sides is ex-President Carter and he is near his dotage.
Bush is a religious nut who believes the rapture is coming and his buddy Blair is too busy groveling around and kowtowing to Rupert Murdoch waiting to be fed scraps from his masters table
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 15:58   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just an observation but our (political members) seem strangly silent.
Old 30-07-2006, 16:27   #5
God Member

I'm undecided ... it seems 6of one and half a dozen of the other, and I really don't know what isreal should do. On the one hand they have to show they don't just let terrorists kidnap their soldiers, and on the other, the terrorists are hiding in civilian areas so theres gonna be innocent deaths..

The best solution would obviously be them both to stop and talk, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

ps. I didn't post because I wanted to try and make up my mind on the matter, but I still havn't done that yet

Last edited by andrewb; 30-07-2006 at 16:30.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 18:17   #6
God Member

This whole carryon stinks and as usual its the young and old who suffer from the carnage being wrought. Both sides need a reality cheack and fast or this will spread beyond our control. This could end up like the War of the Roses and the Hundred Years War (know it wasnt a 100 years before I get pulled up) and with the same amount of lessons learned.

The Un seems to be powerless and both sides are throwing the world a deafy. It will end up with the destuction of one or both sides and there will be no winners just a lot of destruction.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 22:24   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
I'm undecided ... it seems 6of one and half a dozen of the other, and I really don't know what isreal should do. On the one hand they have to show they don't just let terrorists kidnap their soldiers, and on the other, the terrorists are hiding in civilian areas so theres gonna be innocent deaths..

The best solution would obviously be them both to stop and talk, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

ps. I didn't post because I wanted to try and make up my mind on the matter, but I still havn't done that yet
hell of way to get even for a kidnap?there was a snippet on tv last week(which i was unaware of until then) in 1946 british soldiers were billeted at a hotel in jerusalem, israeli terrorists bombed the hotel and killed many, did we then bomb the crap out of israel? did we hell as like. but our government supports this!! you may be undecided cy
fr but i sure as hell aint.
Old 30-07-2006, 22:47   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr

another thing i would add is british civilians/aid workers have been kidnapped in the middle east some with tragic consequenses are you advocating we should have bombed the crap out of these places? or that israeli soldiers are worth more? just wondering.
Old 30-07-2006, 22:57   #9

when israel kidnaps hundreds, even thousands of innocent people nothing is done, the world turns a blind eye. but when 2 israeli soldiers are kidnapped its all out war and condemnations.

hezbollah is accused of bombing indiscriminately but most of theyre bombs land in the sea or field, only some hit 'real' targets. on the other hand israel Is bombing indiscriminately, earlier they bombed Qana, killing many children.
Old 31-07-2006, 00:05   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
when israel kidnaps hundreds, even thousands of innocent people nothing is done, the world turns a blind eye. but when 2 israeli soldiers are kidnapped its all out war and condemnations.

hezbollah is accused of bombing indiscriminately but most of theyre bombs land in the sea or field, only some hit 'real' targets. on the other hand israel Is bombing indiscriminately, earlier they bombed Qana, killing many children.
it seems israel has NOW called a 48hrs ceasefire while they investigate the bombing of Qana, its obvious to me they have been leaned on,hope they understand that the bombing of civilian areas increases over many years the membership of hezbolla.
Old 31-07-2006, 08:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
hell of way to get even for a kidnap?there was a snippet on tv last week(which i was unaware of until then) in 1946 british soldiers were billeted at a hotel in jerusalem, israeli terrorists bombed the hotel and killed many, did we then bomb the crap out of israel? did we hell as like. but our government supports this!! you may be undecided cy
fr but i sure as hell aint.
Well what do you want them to do, sit back and just take provocative attacks? Lebanon can't force hezbolla out, they're powerless. If they just sit back then it's an open invitation that there is no punishment for what they do (remember they killed 8 soldiers too in the kidnaping, on isreal's soil).

This may sound like im defending isreal but i'm just playing devils advocate right now, I understand that it was a lot of force for two kidnappings and 8 murders. I truely have not made up my mind on 'who is least in the wrong' so to speak.
Old 31-07-2006, 12:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash

Are you suggesting that Hezbollah bombs are landing in the sea or in a field purposely, because Hezbollah do not want to hurt anyone???

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 12:38   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
it seems israel has NOW called a 48hrs ceasefire while they investigate the bombing of Qana, its obvious to me they have been leaned on,hope they understand that the bombing of civilian areas increases over many years the membership of hezbolla.

And therein lies a tale! It's my opinion that Israel have walked into a trap. Hezbollah launch their rockets from civilian districts knowing full well that Israel will respond and, no matter how careful they are, will end up killing innocent women and children. This, of course, gets the citizens of Lebanon on the side of Hezbollah and lengthens their recruiting lines. I think the whole damn thing could well be a recruiting drive for them and Israel are just feeding that purpose.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 13:31   #14

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Hezbollah bombs are landing in the sea or in a field purposely, because Hezbollah do not want to hurt anyone???
No. what am saying is that the missiles used by hezbollah are not exactly guided missles. they just aim it towards a town and let it off. the missiles used by israel are guided.
Old 31-07-2006, 13:35   #15
Resting in peace

Reply to JohnW.
Good on you thats the first bit of sense said on this subject so far.
In my humble opinion.
Ianto.W.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..