Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 18:38   #16

Re: Urgent help required !!!

We can definately get 20 people together I am sure of it. I will post a message on the Stanley part of this website too as most of my friends/online webbers read that section. Depending on a date, put me down for two ps - what day does cricket play on and when is kick off??
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2007, 19:17   #17
God Member

I thought it was 10 people at 20 quid.. 200 quid sponsorship.. How on earth did it double to 20 people? .. If it is 20 then me and Julie at 20 quid each... Can't do 21/22 JUly or 4/5 Aug
Old 29-05-2007, 19:19   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I thought it was 10 people at 20 quid.. 200 quid sponsorship.. How on earth did it double to 20 people? .. If it is 20 then me and Julie at 20 quid each... Can't do 21/22 JUly or 4/5 Aug
Didn't ... just me with me stupid head on.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 19:22   #19
God Member

But saying that.. surely they would accept 20 @ 20 quid each £400 quid sposnorship... like a double sponsorship... you might have done em a favour luv
Old 29-05-2007, 20:09   #20
God Member

A couple of suggestions for Accy CC perhaps try rallying the other teams in Lancs leagues to see about collection buckets at all the games this coming weekends. Do an impassioned plea like you have earlier in the thread by
e-mail to all the business's in Accy and surrouding area quickest and easiest way to target a lot of people and hopefully get a good response. Perhaps David Lloyd with all his contacts in the game could put together a select 11 vs Accy with all the players playing for free charging £4 per person two quid for kids hopefully get a bumper gate and put plenty of money behind the bar. Good luck to all concerned my Dad had many a good Sunday afternoon at Accrington and saw a lot of great Cricket down the years.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 21:07   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
£20 for free buffet and bar - they'll be out of pocket
Yeh, wondered that meself KSH.

Anychance of this becoming a 'sticky' mods.. sticky wicket sort of .. think really deserves to be.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 18:26   #22
Senior Member+

Ok I have just been on the phone to the club chairman;he is at a meeting tonight and is going to get back to me with a "package" (oooh er) for all you Accy webbers who want to sponsor a match. I will hopefully be able to post the details later tonight.
In the meantime can I say a huge thank you on behalf of ther cricket club to the lady who has kindly sent me a cheque for the club. Many thanks ! (you know who you are and I am touched by your generosity !)
Old 01-06-2007, 19:24   #23
Senior Member+

Ok guys,
The deal is as it was before with the sponsorship of the match;it's a tenner a head ;the more the merrier;for your tenner you get "complimentary drinks and buffet". Apparently it's been done before by either Stanley fans or Accy webbers and was a great do! Rod (chairman) has suggested the following dates as they are both local-ish derbies;
V Church on 17th June
V Haslingden on 15th July.
You could club together and get some cheesy trophy for your man of the match,or award for worst dropped catch,worst innings etc.
Please let's do this now;the Club are massively grateful for your support;Rod was a bit gobsmacked when I rang him !
I suggest getting a list going on here and maybe the mods can put this on the Stanley site too ?
Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2007, 20:11   #24
God Member

I am easy for either.. Lets get the ball rolling then

1) KIPAX
2) AccyRed
Old 02-06-2007, 07:22   #25

I can definately do 17th June as I am on leave, but not got my roster for July yet so can't say. Please put me down for 2 if it goes ahead on 17th June tho. Warm-up birthday dooo for me Also, we have sponsored before - the Ultras had their presentation do there a couple of years back and it was a cracking do. Who do we pay our money to, is it better if we all make our way up to the club and pay there?
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:43   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can't do 17th June due to work, but Sparks may be able to do it, I'll let him know....

I don't mind watching cricket, it is a legitimate excuse to sit in the sun and do nothing whilst enjoying a drink. In my book, it beats housework.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:54   #27
Senior Member+

Probably best if you get your names down and pay up on the day I would imagine, as long as we have an idea how many to cater for !
thanks again !
Old 02-06-2007, 11:58   #28
God Member

I put some Burnley CC fans on to the sponsorship idea for the end of June. Did they take it up or was it already taken before the appeal ?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01   #29
Senior Member+

Not heard from any but most matches are available to sponsor in the same way.
Old 02-06-2007, 13:02   #30
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Put me down for the Church game I was going anyway and will be there tomorrow to watch the 2nds if anyone fancies it?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..