Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2006, 21:46   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: veedoo from threegi

Oh I love it when they ask for someone who has died and I say they don't live here anymore so they ask if I know the new addreess. - well I suppose it all depends if they were good'uns or bad'uns doesn't it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2006, 16:05   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: veedoo from threegi

Once I have identified that the caller is someone trying to sell me something a very loud and very angry B***** off sends them merrily on their way. If I recognise the voice then they get both barrels. Use your imagination for what words I use.

I only get maybe two or three a week now instead of the more normal three or four a day.

Do you think that it is something I said?

The most common mistake that people make with these tele-sales calls is that the recipient engages the caller in a conversation and that gives them an opportunity to waste your time.
Old 28-10-2006, 11:26   #18
Senior Member+

Calling the telephone preferance service did the trick.Iwas getting the b******s calling up to six times a day at the most annoying of times.The number is 0845 070 0707 if anyone needs it.The service is free.
Old 28-10-2006, 13:33   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Calling the telephone preferance service did the trick.Iwas getting the b******s calling up to six times a day at the most annoying of times.The number is 0845 070 0707 if anyone needs it.The service is free.
How can the service be free, when it's got an 0845 (local rate) number?

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 14:01   #20
God Member

All you need to do is ring the TPS once and register and then you shouldn't be bothered by callers ever again.

And if you do get a cold call ever again all you have to do is say that you've signed up with TPS and they apologise profusely and put the phone down on you so quickly - it's very funny hearing them fluster about how much of a mistake it was to have you on their list in the first place.

I think that people who do the mega cold calling have to be registered to use BT phone numbers and so if you're a member of TPS you've basically told BT that you don't want to be called. This means that anyone who calls either hasn't reregistered with BT (going to be in big trouble if reported to BT) or never registered in the first place (probably illegal cold calling). Either way it puts the fear of bejesus into them and they hang up very, very quickly.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 14:29   #21
Resident Waffler

Does that count even if you're not with BT?

Old 28-10-2006, 14:33   #22
God Member

Yep, I'm with talk talk.

Seriously recommend it. It takes about four or five weeks after registering for it to start taking effect but once it does you get tons less calls.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 15:17   #23
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You can also register with TPS online, I did and within weeks the calls stopped. I only ever get occasional calls now from some American sounding recorded voice saying that I have won a holiday. I hang up on these immediately.

I had one call about 3 months after joining TPS, when I told them I was on TPS they hung up pronto..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 15:37   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
How can the service be free, when it's got an 0845 (local rate) number?

sorry,only quoting the letter they sent.
Old 28-10-2006, 15:41   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver
sorry,only quoting the letter they sent.
No worries. They probably meant that it was a free service, not free call.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 16:03   #26
Give, give, give member

Very funny Willow.

So when do you get your Fijian voodoo doll?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 16:21   #27
Senior Member+

Something else.They ring you every hour of the day , but (as one gullible member of my family found out) you try to get in touch with their customer services nobody wants to answer the phone.Again threegi.
Old 28-10-2006, 19:33   #28
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Very funny Willow.

So when do you get your Fijian voodoo doll?
I'm not sure of the due delivery dates but I'll let you know if it works.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..