Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2006, 18:08   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Oh no! I broke the AccyWeb again!

Sverbatum:
I raised this question in a post started by Katex under Nostalgia. Hadn't received any responses but am very curious about this. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
What is wrong with a teabag in a mug? You can always hang it up to drip dry, then use it again.
All this brings us to another question that needs answering: How many brews can you force out of a recycled teabag?
Do the English really do this? Sounds like something my dad would do but he's half german (the other half is Derbyshire). My mum would never do this. We did always use tea bags. I believe my grandparents generation kinda frowned upon tea bags didn't they?

Just most curious about recycling? We don't need to set up a poll do we?

Brian

Last edited by Len; 22-09-2006 at 19:28.
LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2006, 20:06   #2

Re: verbatum

In the good old days, we mashed the tea until it barely had any color at all. When tea bags came along, it was so much easier - you could go from pint pot to pint pot with no trouble at all.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 22:15   #3
God Member

Recycle the teabag to a compost heap at least it will be of some use again. Depending on how strong you like your tea one teabag could make 3 cuppas (bit weak though) and keep people happy. Personaly I like my cuppa strong enough to strip paint metaphorically speaking that is.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 22:21   #4
God Member

only one per cup for me would hate the thought its been used twice
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 00:37   #5
God Member

At less than a penny a bag is it worth using it more than once. I try to recycle them to compost thingyma jig but living in a flat it's a bit awkward.
Hello cherokee hope you had a nice birthday cuppa x
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 03:41   #6
Senior Member+

i too was shocked when i read in a mag that ppl recycle tea bags i was like eh!?

i use open tea at home... and just strain it out
Old 23-09-2006, 11:25   #7
I am Band

There is nothing better than "Sloppy Seconds" from a second hand teabag.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 11:39   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
There is nothing better than "Sloppy Seconds" from a second hand teabag.
Have you no sense of taste or what? Wouldnt make the witch in law a cuppa with a second hand sloppy weak tasteless teabag (she might turn me into a frog) dispite my loathing of her.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-09-2006, 15:36   #9
Senior Member+

Yuk. It's definately 1 tea bag per cup for me.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 17:51   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
At less than a penny a bag is it worth using it more than once. I try to recycle them to compost thingyma jig but living in a flat it's a bit awkward.
Hello cherokee hope you had a nice birthday cuppa x
thankyou MH yes i was wakend bt my daughter smiling down at me with a lovely cuppa in on hand and card in the other
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:00   #11
Beacon of light

Teabags are only used for guests.....and even guests are asked whether they would prefer leaf tea. I do not like Teabags at all....and will only have teabag tea as a very last resort. I nearly said I would prefer just water....but that's a lie!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 15:23   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Teabags are only used for guests.....and even guests are asked whether they would prefer leaf tea. I do not like Teabags at all....and will only have teabag tea as a very last resort. I nearly said I would prefer just water....but that's a lie!
Thought that was defunct a while back or am I just loosing my marbles? I can remember making a brew with leaf tea and the tea went into this funny looking contraption with holes in it (bit like 2 teaspoons that sprung closed) and pouring water over it into the cup and left it to brew.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-09-2006, 17:19   #13
Beacon of light

I just put the tea in a pot and pour the boiling water on it.......don't bother with those kind of contraptions.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 18:15   #14
Resident Waffler

My mother used to have one of those contraptions in the days before tea bags.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 18:35   #15
Yank in King Art's Court!

Thanks for responding. Glad to see 1 bag per use is the majority opinion. Now, about leaf tea. To those who've had both, do you notice a big difference? Is it somehow fresher?

I've never even seen leaf tea ofr sale over here. I'm sure I could find it but it's probably really expensive.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..