Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2010, 11:18   #1
Senior Member+

Want to Throw Up

"Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has received the Liberty Medal for his global human rights work and commitment to international conflict resolution."

Seeing as he was the No 2 player to the US (the poodle), and committed us to war in Iraq and Afghanistan - our chaps are still dying there.
This presentation just makes me want to puke.
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2010, 11:21   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Want to Throw Up

Total sleazeball.
Old 14-09-2010, 11:34   #3
Beacon of light

I cannot say what I really think about this stunt.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 11:40   #4
Super Moderator

Is that rhyming slang, Margaret?
Old 14-09-2010, 11:49   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i took it that way.
Old 14-09-2010, 12:25   #6

I think he was and is a great man who history will judge well.

Anyone would believe that Tony Blair single-handedly took the country to war. Frankly, it’s getting boring.

Tony Blair was a great Prime Minister. It was absolutely the right decision to remove Saddam from power. Granted, he may not have had WMD anymore, but he had used them before on his own people and against Iran. I don’t think Blair lied at all, perhaps sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth: the intelligence was wrong.
Blair was instrumental in bringing peace to NI and successfully intervening in Sierra Leone and Kosovo. He won 3 general elections with landslides. Truly a great man.”
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 12:30   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiveuk View Post

Anyone would believe that Tony Blair single-handedly took the country to war. Frankly, it’s getting boring.

Tony Blair was a great Prime Minister. It was absolutely the right decision to remove Saddam from power. Granted, he may not have had WMD anymore, but he had used them before on his own people and against Iran. I don’t think Blair lied at all, perhaps sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth: the intelligence was wrong.
Blair was instrumental in bringing peace to NI and successfully intervening in Sierra Leone and Kosovo. He won 3 general elections with landslides. Truly a great man.”
ok lets have yer reasoning as to why it was the right thing to do? theres far more dangerous people/countries to world peace than saddam, evil pig though he was, they don't remove others cos theres little value to us to do so, think yer totally wrong, he will be judged fer what he is imho.
Old 14-09-2010, 12:49   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Is that rhyming slang, Margaret?
Steve, on this....I plead the fifth amendment.....my answer may incriminate me
Old 14-09-2010, 13:01   #9
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiveuk View Post

Well, of course you are entitled to your own opinion.......he was a master of smoke an mirrors, he was the Puppet/poodle of the US.......and when they said 'jump'....he not only jumped, but asked 'how high and for how long'.

He did more to demolish the identity of the people of the UK in favour of the ethnic minorities, he allowed unlimited immigration on the assumption that these people coming in would swell the Labour vote.....he didn't use policies, he used sound bites......telling the electorate what he thought they needed to hear.

He took us to war in Iraq(without the mandate of the people and knowing that it was not a decision that was popular with the electorate) on the premise that there were weapons of Mass Destruction, despite the UN having found no evidence to corroborate this.
It wasn't all about getting rid of an evil dictator.......it was all about oil and the money that it generates.

He high tailed it when he could see that the game was up, left the country being run by the most pathetic PM we have had in living memory.......and he knew GB wasn't up to the job.......what does that say about him?
He may not have done all these things on his own but he was the figurehead of the party that sanctioned them and is therefore ultimately responsible.

He is a dulpicitous megalomaniac with only one idea in his head....to make himself millions and to be seen as the saviour of the world.

He is a liar and a scoundrel.

Go to Hell Tony Blair...I will see you there. PBWY

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-09-2010 at 13:05.
Old 14-09-2010, 14:40   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It's never to late to repent. Church every sunday and a few times a week, prayers at night and in the morning, say grace before every meal..and you never know, you may go up to the clouds and not down to the fires below.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 14:40   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, of course you are entitled to your own opinion.......he was a master of smoke an mirrors, he was the Puppet/poodle of the US.......and when they said 'jump'....he not only jumped, but asked 'how high and for how long'.

He did more to demolish the identity of the people of the UK in favour of the ethnic minorities, he allowed unlimited immigration on the assumption that these people coming in would swell the Labour vote.....he didn't use policies, he used sound bites......telling the electorate what he thought they needed to hear.

He took us to war in Iraq(without the mandate of the people and knowing that it was not a decision that was popular with the electorate) on the premise that there were weapons of Mass Destruction, despite the UN having found no evidence to corroborate this.
It wasn't all about getting rid of an evil dictator.......it was all about oil and the money that it generates.

He high tailed it when he could see that the game was up, left the country being run by the most pathetic PM we have had in living memory.......and he knew GB wasn't up to the job.......what does that say about him?
He may not have done all these things on his own but he was the figurehead of the party that sanctioned them and is therefore ultimately responsible.

He is a dulpicitous megalomaniac with only one idea in his head....to make himself millions and to be seen as the saviour of the world.

He is a liar and a scoundrel.

what n accurate post, the bad he did far,far outweighs the good,in my book,n as fer who took oer well the only thing i can add to that, is we have now got Dumb n Dumber, in command, so basically were in the crap fer the foreseeable future n sod all we can do about it.
Old 14-09-2010, 15:04   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It's never to late to repent. Church every sunday and a few times a week, prayers at night and in the morning, say grace before every meal..and you never know, you may go up to the clouds and not down to the fires below.

I will have friends in both places Tealeaf.

I reckon Saint Tony will be pretty close to the fire, in fact I think he will have a shovel with no handle.
Mephistopheles knows his own!
Old 14-09-2010, 16:11   #13
Beacon of light

A Liberty Medal.....Tony Blair does deserve the Liberty medal....after all he took liberties with the truth. Didn't he tell us that he would be 'Tough on Crime....Tough on the Causes of crime'....well that was a liberty for a kick off.......then there was 'Education, Education, Education.........another liberty.
Wasn't it on his watch that the Chancellor GB sold off the gold reserves at rock bottom prices?
Didn't he ride rough shod over the MP's who spoke in opposition to military action in Iraq.
Didn't he skirt around the issues at the Hutton enquiry into the death of Dr David Kelly?

Yes, he is adept at taking Liberties, so I guess he has won the medal.
I only hope to live long enough to see this snake get his just desserts.
Old 14-09-2010, 16:14   #14
Senior Member+

Perhaps the Tory poster - "Devil Eyes" or something like that was prophetic.
The jury will be out for some time on the present incumbents, but allowance does have to be made for the unholy mess created by the Blair/Brown combination.
What really confuses me is that Blair did not think that Brown could be either a good PM or a good leader of the Labour Party - his words, yet he appointed him as his successor.
Was he attepting to obfuscate the situation by appointing Brown, knowing that he would be seen as a worse Premier than he had been. As MargaretP said - Smoke & Mirrors.
Many people will remember - for a very long time, the continuing cost in human lives through his actions, the scandals of their property deals, the openly money grabbing actions of his wife - IMHO a coyote girl.
Slink away Mr Blair - the greatest thing you can do for this country - and take dipstick with you.
Old 14-09-2010, 16:23   #15
Beacon of light

It doesn't confuse me Barrie........it is a ploy to make himself look better.
When someone like GB comes in and makes a dogs breakfast of things, it makes what the previous incumbent did, pale into insignificance.

But my concern is that Tony Blair knew that GB had neither the charm or the intellect to lead the Labour party, but he was too much of a coward to do the decent thing and appoint someone else(either that or GB knows some really dirty stuff about TB).

What kind of patriot leaves the country to be run by someone who patently wasn't fit for the task?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..