Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2006, 08:51   #1
Resting in peace

Warning!

Drove down to Asda on Monday, came back via the scenic route - up Whalley Road, turn right at the Greyhound, past Enfield cricket club and down Dill Hall Lane.

At the junction of Queens Road West and Dill Hall Lane, there is an enormous pothole on the roundabout. Didn't see it until I hit it. Result? -at least one broken spring, tyre damage, and expensive repair.

Be warned! - if you drive round there, avoid the pothole.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2006, 09:04   #2
God Member

Re: Warning!

Get pictures of the hole and ring HBC. You can claim for damage if the road hasn't been inspected in a certain period of time. If its a 'repair' thats gone you could have a case against teh utility that did it if it

TBH I'm finding more and more roads that are of an unacceptable state round Hyndburn. The road from Rising Bridge pub up to Farmers glory is disgraceful.

Even major routes are falling to bits. Union road near the cricket pitch has some massive holes

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 09:07   #3
Senior Member+

Just missed that hole a few times. Best bet if no traffic is around is to drive over the mini-roundabout
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 09:30   #4
God Member

Are LCC responsible or HBC it is a bit confusing sometimes. Thats the good thing about the single tier set up here the local council is responsible for everything fromgrass cutting through street lights to roads. Saves time and money as there is only the one council and no grey area arguments over responsibility.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 14:56   #5
God Member

lol It's triple here, county, borough and town. The higher you go the more useless they become.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 15:08   #6

Most people do drive straight over that particular mini roundabout and when wagons do it they don't half make a raquet. I'm sure it shakes the whole of the houses nearby. They are probably the ones that have made the pot-hole.
Old 19-04-2006, 15:10   #7
Give, give, give member

The worst local pothole I know of is on Stonebridge Lane in Oswaldtwistle, it's about five inches deep and down even past the old cobbles.

Handily there is a garage ten yards away!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 15:11   #8
Give, give, give member

Duplicate post. Arghhh!

Last edited by garinda; 19-04-2006 at 15:15.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 19:29   #9
Passed away 25-11-09

'Ole in t' ground? Luxury! In our village we have potholes that have been known to swallow the odd Smart Car.
Old 19-04-2006, 19:37   #10
God Member

That road has always been bad entwisi - i should know i walk up it at least twice a year and theres no footpath. Dont know how many times ive climbed up the walls when there was a car been coming up or down it. You are better off going hudhey way. It's a better road and you don't take your life in your hands when you pull out at the farmers glory.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 06:31   #11
God Member

Theres no problem at FG chuck, you can see further up than you think, just plant your right foot and go for the gap

Right, I'm going to start a thread to collect dodgy road surfaces then I'll ring HBC with a full list

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 06:34   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi

Right, I'm going to start a thread to collect dodgy road surfaces then I'll ring HBC with a full list
Just a thought here - might be a shorter list if we told you the good roads in Hyndburn, they can work the bad ones out for themselves then

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 09:33   #13
God Member

Hyndburn has good roads! Where are they hiding them? Out side councilers front doors?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2006, 01:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
At the junction of Queens Road West and Dill Hall Lane, there is an enormous pothole on the roundabout. Didn't see it until I hit it. Result? -at least one broken spring, tyre damage, and expensive repair.
drive past that almost every night

it was filled in a few days ago
wkd_one is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..