Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2010, 12:26   #1
Senior Member+

Waste Collection - What a Load of RUBBISH

As the title suggests im not happy with the councils waste procedures.

I Unfortunatly (Due to a good reason) missed my bin collection day 2 weeks (Ish) ago, Having a family of 4 I ususally dont have enought room in the bin normally so whan I have not binned for 4 weeks the rubbish as you can imagine will not fit into the tiny black bin provided.

So as I have done in the past I ring the council and ask if on this one occasion I can leave some extra bags out on collections day.

Simple answer is NO. I will be done for Flytipping (Hang On Im asking for permission here) and fined upto £1000.

After a little debate regarding how I pay Council Tax and would expect a little help when times need I was advised tough luck. best wait till the week after christmas where Im allowed a extra 2 bags or take them to the tip myself.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.

I cant even put them in the wagon or even ask the bin men if they mind putting these extra bags in.

So at this stage Im in complaint procedures with the council (Like that will do anything), they also advised me to take it up with my local counciler.

So one question I have is who is my local counciler as I want to complain about the waste collection procedures.

How do you lot find your bins, have enough room? could do with a weekly collection / bigger bin?

And yes I do recycle full blue & white bag and blur box every fortnight.
Old 15-12-2010, 14:07   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Waste Collection - What a Load of RUBBISH

I don't have a problem with space in our bin and there is 5 of us. Sometimes I have to whack it down a bit but not always.

You can find your Councillor here or just phone 01254 388111 and ask them.
Old 15-12-2010, 15:00   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
As the title suggests im not happy with the councils waste procedures.

I Unfortunatly (Due to a good reason) missed my bin collection day 2 weeks (Ish) ago, Having a family of 4 I ususally dont have enought room in the bin normally so whan I have not binned for 4 weeks the rubbish as you can imagine will not fit into the tiny black bin provided.

So as I have done in the past I ring the council and ask if on this one occasion I can leave some extra bags out on collections day.

Simple answer is NO. I will be done for Flytipping (Hang On Im asking for permission here) and fined upto £1000.

After a little debate regarding how I pay Council Tax and would expect a little help when times need I was advised tough luck. best wait till the week after christmas where Im allowed a extra 2 bags or take them to the tip myself.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.

I cant even put them in the wagon or even ask the bin men if they mind putting these extra bags in.

So at this stage Im in complaint procedures with the council (Like that will do anything), they also advised me to take it up with my local counciler.

So one question I have is who is my local counciler as I want to complain about the waste collection procedures.

How do you lot find your bins, have enough room? could do with a weekly collection / bigger bin?

And yes I do recycle full blue & white bag and blur box every fortnight.
If you let me know which part of the town you live in, and I'll put you in touch with the Councillors for that area.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 15:20   #4
Resting in Peace

And I thought Lonnie Donegan had a hard time!

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 16:49   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
If you let me know which part of the town you live in, and I'll put you in touch with the Councillors for that area.

Good man, thank you
Old 16-12-2010, 07:00   #6
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't have a problem with space in our bin and there is 5 of us. Sometimes I have to whack it down a bit but not always.

You can find your Councillor here or just phone 01254 388111 and ask them.
I must say that we've never had a problem either. There are only two of us but generally speaking there's one black bag of non-recyclables per week and frequently I will only put our bin out once a month.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 08:56   #7
Resting in Peace

The only problem I have is that hey very occasionally forget to pick mine up as I'm on assisted collection, think its happened twice this year, all I do is ring HBC and the box or bags (we're on plastic bags not bins)are collected within 4 hours
Old 16-12-2010, 10:02   #8
Senior Member+

That's for the link I would appear I'm in the peel area.

I can usually just about manage but as i missed my last collection I have 4 weeks worth of waste.

I have a 1 year old so the nappies alone take up a large space In my bin.

My main issue is the fact I ask for help once by putting extra bags out, and it's straight no.

So what can I do with the extra bags? Leave them in my yard, rats, cats will love that. Take to the tip myself? What if I can't do this.

My complaint is that assistance should be given if people ring and ask for it. If it was furniture they would come for it so why not a few extra bags.
Old 16-12-2010, 10:10   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
That's for the link I would appear I'm in the peel area.

I can usually just about manage but as i missed my last collection I have 4 weeks worth of waste.

I have a 1 year old so the nappies alone take up a large space In my bin.

My main issue is the fact I ask for help once by putting extra bags out, and it's straight no.

So what can I do with the extra bags? Leave them in my yard, rats, cats will love that. Take to the tip myself? What if I can't do this.

My complaint is that assistance should be given if people ring and ask for it. If it was furniture they would come for it so why not a few extra bags.
If you PM you're address I'll see what I can do. If you live in Peel Ward then I'm one of you're Councillors.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..