Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2007, 21:39   #1

we are sinking

nothing to do with floods or globel warming this country is siinking under the weight of imigrants flooding are country every day .wake up charitey should begin at home.
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2007, 21:43   #2
God Member

Re: we are sinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
nothing to do with floods or globel warming this country is siinking under the weight of imigrants flooding are country every day .wake up charitey should begin at home.
That and the fact that since the last iceage the land in Scotland has been rising as the weight of ice has gone. As every action has a reaction the south is now sinkink and the extra weight dosnt help.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 21:47   #3
God Member

Quote:
Flooding our country alright. With gold.

The mass immigration from Poland and the likes has helped keep our economy booming!

Last edited by andrewb; 25-07-2007 at 21:56.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 21:49   #4

why cameron is in rewander nice
Old 25-07-2007, 21:56   #5
God Member

What does that have to do with this thread?
Old 25-07-2007, 21:59   #6

shaddow primeminister thinks other countries moe in portent than whats at home
Old 25-07-2007, 22:02   #7
God Member

I don't think hes ever said that? They're important but not more important
Old 25-07-2007, 23:44   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post

The mass immigration from Poland and the likes has helped keep our economy booming!
you just went down in my estimation, try telling that to the brits that have been put on the dole through this.. typical tory.
Old 26-07-2007, 00:26   #9
Full Member+

Quote:

Totally agree with Cashman. They'll put British Citizens out of work by pricing them out of the labour market due to the Poles being prepared to work for basically minimum wages with no perks (i.e overtime rates and holiday pay)
The last place I worked at was stacked out with the Poles.At times I had to pinch myself to stop me from thinking I was working in Warsaw!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 00:54   #10
God Member

Anyone who blames the Poles or any immigrants for loss of work is nothing but a racist idiot.
These people are doing nothing wrong, they are merely doing what they can to provide a better life for their families.

Businesses have been taking on people from ethnic minorities that work for less money since the dawn of industrialisation.
The Irish practically built the whole of New York.

People will always go wherever they can to work for more money & businesses will always take people on who will work for the least money.
It has always happened and will continue to do so.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 06:23   #11
Senior Member+

Yep. Don't blame immigration. Blame Capitalism.

I really don't see the point of yet another 'lets blame the immigrants thread'. Surely we've seen and read enough of them by now to know where people stand?
Old 26-07-2007, 07:55   #12
God Member

Quote:
Been used that one

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post452936

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 08:07   #13
God Member

You should be grateful that they have to at very least uproot their whole family and move to a foreign country. In my line of work its all being given to people who work for less and they don't even have to leave their home town.

Immigration is not teh issue. I have no problems with Polish, Lithuanians aor anyone else coming here to work. In fact, I'd rather them be here that teh load of shurkers and dole monkeys who won't work because they get paid so much more to sit at home. I'm not talking those who are in transition between stages of life or those genuinely unable to work through illnes yet I know a number who claim to have dodgy knees etc. Just how does a dodgy knee stop you sitting on a till in Asda? Or taking a job in IT where you sit at a desk. I work with a lad who is a thalidomide 'victim'. only he doesn't see it taht way. He can't use his hands so he types with his toes. He drives a car with his feet and mouth. He lives pretty much a 'normal' life even joining in at football at lunchtime.

Its time we stopped paying people ad infinitum and put a time limit on social security.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 10:03   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you just went down in my estimation, try telling that to the brits that have been put on the dole through this.. typical tory.
I don't understand, how can I be a typical Tory? They've been banging on about getting rid of the immigrants for the past God knows how long.

Unfortunately global capitalism goes where the cheapest workers are to make the most profit. We can't just say "No we don't want any Poles, they might work a bit cheaper and hence 'take' a Brits job" because then the business money would go elsewhere and the country as a whole would not prosper from it.

At the end of the day they have families just like us, they're human beings with feelings just like us, regardless of if they speak a different language to each other when you walk past them in the street. Now im not saying Britain should save the world or anything, but when immigration is actively helping us sustain our economic growth, and making it better for the majority of people, then we are right to take advantage of that so to speak.
Old 26-07-2007, 10:19   #15
Junior Member+

Quote:
I don't understand, how can I be a typical Tory? They've been banging on about getting rid of the immigrants for the past God knows how long.

Unfortunately global capitalism goes where the cheapest workers are to make the most profit. We can't just say "No we don't want any Poles, they might work a bit cheaper and hence 'take' a Brits job" because then the business money would go elsewhere and the country as a whole would not prosper from it.

At the end of the day they have families just like us, they're human beings with feelings just like us, regardless of if they speak a different language to each other when you walk past them in the street. Now im not saying Britain should save the world or anything, but when immigration is actively helping us sustain our economic growth, and making it better for the majority of people, then we are right to take advantage of that so to speak.
I have no problem with people coming here to work, its those who shlep through 5 other countries to claim asylum because they know the freebies are better here than say France Germany or Holland, and we people like Blairs wife will make sure they get everything they want while she makes a fortune
b.joel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..