Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2010, 10:32   #1
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Welcome to our World !

It has been said for long enough that drastic cuts would be needed to improve the Countries state & that these cuts would be across the board, so why then are these people so surprised that things have come to this ?

Asylum-seekers left without legal advice as Government faces demand to pay up - Home News, UK - The Independent

And before some people get up in arms about this, think before responding. If you still think that money should be channelled to this institute RMJ, start a charity for them to carry on their work. Enough public money has gone out supporting the their claims & now when we need every penny we can, it should be focussed on the people already living here, they should be the priority immaterial of who they are, the poor of the UK, the homeless of the UK, the old & unfortunate of the UK, our own socially forlorn.

Asylum seekers by name can seek asylum elsewhere, why must it be UK ? most have passed through half of Europe before landing on our shores. Britain has a history of helping the beaten & downtrodden, but then so has America, why haven't they applied there ? So as we the British must undergo deprivations so must those who throw themselves upon our shores, "Welcome to our World".
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2010, 10:41   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Welcome to our World !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It has been said for long enough that drastic cuts would be needed to improve the Countries state & that these cuts would be across the board, so why then are these people so surprised that things have come to this ?

Asylum-seekers left without legal advice as Government faces demand to pay up - Home News, UK - The Independent

And before some people get up in arms about this, think before responding. If you still think that money should be channelled to this institute RMJ, start a charity for them to carry on their work. Enough public money has gone out supporting the their claims & now when we need every penny we can, it should be focussed on the people already living here, they should be the priority immaterial of who they are, the poor of the UK, the homeless of the UK, the old & unfortunate of the UK, our own socially forlorn.

Asylum seekers by name can seek asylum elsewhere, why must it be UK ? most have passed through half of Europe before landing on our shores. Britain has a history of helping the beaten & downtrodden, but then so has America, why haven't they applied there ? So as we the British must undergo deprivations so must those who throw themselves upon our shores, "Welcome to our World".
Indeed Dave, its time Soft Touch U.K. PLC was made bankrupt, and if these people want to stay and fight through the courts all well and good, but bloody well pay for it yourselves, we've been ripped of for far to long, and if the do gooders don't like it, then they foot the bill themselves, not the British tax payer
Old 19-06-2010, 11:53   #3
JFT96

all this wasted money, if anything we should be channelling money into proper kit for our lads and lasses out in the desert.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Mick; 20-06-2010 at 05:04. Reason: language
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 13:32   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Scr3w em, all this wasted money, if anything we should be channelling money into proper kit for our lads and lasses out in the desert.
Spot on BG sod lining the pockets of the likes of Mrs Blair
Old 19-06-2010, 13:39   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
900 of whom are children who arrived in the UK unaccompanied
I had to read that a few times in an attempt to understand.
They arrive here without adult supervision yet have enough knowledge of our system to ask for asylum.
Seems to me they have been given enough advice and guidance already.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 22:26   #6

Unless they fly direct into UK why should it be our problem? I was under the impression that you had to make your claim for asylum in the first EU country that you entered.
If I'm wrong, can someone please point out the bit of EU law that explains it please.

Go on, I dare you......
Old 19-06-2010, 22:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by setayas View Post
Unless they fly direct into UK why should it be our problem? I was under the impression that you had to make your claim for asylum in the first EU country that you entered.
If I'm wrong, can someone please point out the bit of EU law that explains it please.

Go on, I dare you......
and unless i'm mistaken, the do-gooders ignore such things n help every deadbeat that sets foot here.
Old 20-06-2010, 09:04   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
and unless i'm mistaken, the do-gooders ignore such things n help every deadbeat that sets foot here.
Mistaken cashy, noyour stop on again
Old 20-06-2010, 15:16   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by setayas View Post

Go on, I dare you......
They must claim asylum in the first country they arrive in for which they do not hold a legal entry visa - you know the French will never get a grip
Old 20-06-2010, 16:38   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
you know the French will never get a grip
Quite right, they should've deported you years ago...if you ask me, you're a highly subversive influence with yer Holland's Pies and Thwaites Ales!
Old 20-06-2010, 19:51   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, they should've deported you years ago...if you ask me, you're a highly subversive influence with yer Holland's Pies and Thwaites Ales!
Don't forget my allegiance to Man Utd and my love of Bury Black puddings - and a couple of Accrington Lasses - and even as an England Supporter I can take the Michael out of the French - and do.
Old 20-06-2010, 20:19   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't forget my allegiance to Man Utd
I'm trying hard to forget that, Barrie...very hard!
Old 21-06-2010, 09:13   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't forget my allegiance to Man Utd and my love of Bury Black puddings - and a couple of Accrington Lasses - and even as an England Supporter I can take the Michael out of the French - and do.
Don't think you need to take the Michael out of the French Barrie, by all accounts they're doing a great job of that in South Africa all by themselves
Old 21-06-2010, 11:10   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I like this from that link

Quote:
Ken Livingstone, the former Mayor of London, addressed the protestors outside the ministry in a show of support for the RMJ. He told The Independent afterwards: “For 20 years governments have made it more and more difficult for refugees to stay in this country. The conditions they are forced to live in have become worse and worse and are now a disgrace.
“They aren’t closing RMJ because of some strange payment decision. They are doing it because they want to close RMJ down to send a message to the world ‘You are not welcome here’.”
If he is right then I think the Government are spot on. Most people do want it to be harder for refugees to stay here.

As has already been mentioned they should seek asylum in the first country they reach. Anyone coming here via France should be sent straight back to France
Old 21-06-2010, 13:56   #15

Unless they have the correct papers they shouldn't be allowed to get off the plane/boat/train simple as that, we've a long history of letting in trouble makers
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..