Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 13:00   #1
Resident Waffler

Well Done Springhill School

I have just been to Springhill School's Year 6 Leavers' Assembly. It's always a joy because the children are so well-behaved and such a credit to the school, and so deservedly proud of themselves too for their acheivements.

Yes, yet another year gone by and another lovely bunch of children moving on to bigger but not necessarily better things.

These 10/11 year olds never cease to amaze me with their leavers' assemblies. They sing songs which bring tears to my eyes and recite poems which they have written themselves. This morning one was about rain. Wonder what gave them the idea for that? Some of the metaphors used in it were very impressive.

I was very impressed too with the young musicians and the singing in harmony which even I find difficult as an adult, not to be put off by the part being sung by the person standing next to me.

They receive certificates for their achievements over the past year and each year one child receives a shield for 'pupil of the year'. This year however, the head teacher found it difficult to choose and they actually ended up with two 'pupils of the year'.And this is what really impressed me as I was leaving. The two young rivals were in the corridor together praising each other!

I hope they can carry these values with them through into adult life.

Thank you Spring Hill pupils for bringing sunshine to my damp morning.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2007, 13:44   #2

Re: Well Done Springhill School

have they finished school now until they start back again in sep
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 15:10   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta say thats good to hear, see enough negatives these days, its nice to hear of kids like that.
Old 12-07-2007, 15:21   #4
Resident Waffler

I think they've still got another week.

Old 12-07-2007, 17:15   #5
Senior Member+

It's Peel Park's leaver's assembly next week; my daughter will be moving on to high school and I know full well that I will be blubbing like a baby ! I cried last year and it wasn't my kid ! She has to hand on the head girl shield too.
She came home with her SATS results tonight.... all 5"s !!!!
I am exceedingly proud of her and what she has achieved and it's due in no small part to the excellent teachers at Peel Park. We will be particularly sad to see Mrs Holmes leave next week.
Anyhoo; well done Kelsey !! Fantastic achievement and well done Peel Park !

(sorry for thread hi jack !)
Old 12-07-2007, 23:17   #6
Resident Waffler

No, not really a hi-jack Lindsay, similar theme and good to hear of other youngsters to be proud of. We hear far too much about the negative stuff and far too little about the positive stuff. Well done to your daughter. It is a very emotional time when they leave Junior school. I was sniffling this morning and none of them were mine - my youngest left Juniors two years ago!

Old 21-07-2007, 15:00   #7
Senior Member+

I went to watch st nicholas`s on thursday , brings memorys flooding back! And the head remembered me straight away and still has pictures of me on the wall still from the football team and cricket and our year 6 outing to the yorkshire dales However the assembely was great and when i was younger i was sad to leave and i think primary school are the best years of your life however at the end of the assembely they where all happy hehe and glad to leave.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..