Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 19:43   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well I didn't know that!

They do say that sometimes you just can't see whats on your own doorstep.
I've been logging on here and having a nose around every day for quite a while but what I didn't know is that two sites that I have in my favorites folder and I visit on a regular basis are actually members of Accyweb!

They post on a very regular basis and yet I've never seen them displayed in the New posts section.

One of them is the BBC News Site and the other is ZDnet (An I.T. site) the former has up to present been a member since May 2004 with a total of 1,022 posts and the latter a member since March 2005 with 653 posts and both of them are hiding in:-

Technology News

I just wonder why I've never noticed them before & what else I'm not expecting is going to surprise me on here next.

Last edited by Less; 07-06-2005 at 19:45.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2005, 20:07   #2
Len
God Member

Re: Well I didn't know that!

Well spotted Less I’m sure Roy would be interested in this or maybe he already knows.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 21:02   #3
Senior Member+

I was clicking on entwisi's name from the main index screen and was taken, not to entwisi, but to the ZDNet and, later, the BBC profile.

I told Roy, and told me that I had found a bug in the system, so he will be telling someone about it to get it fixed.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 21:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Well spotted Less I’m sure Roy would be interested in this or maybe he already knows.
On consideration I suspect he already knows about it, because if he had left them to put new threads on & also for those threads to be announced in New Posts every time peope would soon get fed up seeing such a large amount of postings that they might not be interested in everytime they logged in.
But not me I'll be looking in there regularly from now on!

Last edited by Less; 07-06-2005 at 21:06.
Old 07-06-2005, 22:00   #5
Len
God Member

I would be surprised if Roy hadn’t known about this after all this time especially when they’ve made so many posts but like you say they have been deliberately kept out of the way.
This is thirst first time I’ve seen this. Just goes to show how many nooks and crannies there are in the forums and we don’t always get to see everything. hehe
There is probably a post somewhere in the mod section about this and I have managed to miss it. I shall go look.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 22:42   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
I was clicking on entwisi's name from the main index screen and was taken, not to entwisi, but to the ZDNet and, later, the BBC profile.

I told Roy, and told me that I had found a bug in the system, so he will be telling someone about it to get it fixed.
But if you go to the members list they actually are there as members so it must be a BIG Bug!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:31   #7
Resident Waffler

I just noticed that BBC News has 7500 pre-Revolution Ackers to its credit too. Lots of interesting bits of info they supply.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42   #8
Roy
Administrator

you've found my personal use of the accyweb system The accyweb server connects to zdnet and bbc news every so often and then posts the latest in the tech forum so I have one place to see whats going on I didn't make an announcement or tell anybody else, but I made it public in case anyone else wanted/found the feature....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 15:24   #9
Roy
Administrator

I should have pointed out this url http://www.accringtonweb.com/index.php?page=technews which shows all the latest including description and link so you don't have to keep clicking to enter each message....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..