Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2005, 18:27   #16

Re: Well known

This is my list

Martin Platt walked past in Manchester.

Gail Tilsley in Kendals in Manchester i was buying some makeup and i was star struck - she talks very posh to.

I know David Dunn very well. Not that well though. ha

Max off brookside

I have seen afew more but not sure of thrir names.

Not as good as some peoples.

Oh jack straw once came into m&s and asked me were the sausages were and he didnt even say thankyou.

Karl foggaty and the policeman off Born and bred he is lovely.
emmatjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2005, 21:08   #17
Accy Goddess

I met the band Match Box back stage at the Guild Hall in Preston.
We saw Fizz out of Corrie on Preston Market.
Also Vicky Entwistle who plays Janice in the old Mcdonalds.
We didn't speak to her because she looked like she was in a terrible mood.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 22:42   #18
God Member

As a child in very early 80's I used to swim with Duncan Goodhew and Sharon Davies but obviously was nowhere near as good.

Had some footy coaching from (now I get mixed up) either Jack or Bobby Charlton in Mid 80's.

Have met various bands, singers etc during my time at KGH but my fave was Robbie Williams who gave me a kiss on the cheek and when I asked did he still moonie at every chance he could get, he answered by duly dropping his pants!!! So you could say Robbie Williams dropped his pants for me

will add any if they come to mind!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 23:22   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

met the late george best when i was walking down manchester rd. one morning,he pulled up in an E-type jag and asked me if i knew where E J Rileys was- as it was around the corner from our house i said yeh give us a lift down i'll show you, when we were going up meadow st i said drop me at the royal oak- he said i'll come in with you for a quick one which he did and he paid lol found him a great bloke and i never mentioned football once(which was hard for me) also met marc bolan and mickey finn in the ribblesdale in blackburn - but thats another story lol
Old 14-12-2005, 23:36   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

les dawson was another-nice bloke also frank carson used to call in the bakery in blackpool another nice bloke, vera duckworth was sat outside the bar in benalmadena where me and paris were having coffee, also met ronnie knight when i lived there,also dave dee lives about a mile from our apartment.will probably remember some more when the brain cells kick in lol
Old 14-12-2005, 23:40   #21
Give, give, give member

Tell us more about when you were a rent boy in Manchester Road, getting picked up by Jags.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 00:21   #22
God Member

Eamon Holmes - getting heckled by a pile of drunken irish preston north end supporters well he was wearing man utd shirt and scarf he was heckled all the way from manchester to belfast and we were delayed! It was funny! If though he'd have had a laugh with them and treated it as a joke he wouldnt have got heckled all the way - he stuck his nose up in the air and totally ignored everybody a little kid asked for his autograph and he said no that made the hecklers worse!
John Barnes and Phil Neal also going to Belfast they were going on a training session with some kids. Ted Robbins comes into were i work sometimes. I've met a whole pile of labour mp's over the years. Even got a photo of me shaking tony blairs hand.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 09:58   #23
God Member

Les Dawson – in St Annes when I was about 10 - he was trying to have a quiet night with his family and don't think he appreciated my Grandad telling him jokes!

Ted Robbins - funny and barking mad
Sally Naden - equally barking but lovely
Jim Bowen - equally barking, must be something about working for Radio Lancs
Eamonn Holmes – took part in TV Scrabble (before you laugh I made it to the final but just lost out)
Naomi Cleaver – TV style guru - lovely and down to earth, not like I expected

Have interviewed
Keith Duffy – very charming
Dave Spikey – so funny, I asked one question and he just talked at me for half an hour
Joe Brown - bit grumpy
Marty Wilde - lovely and happy to chat about absolutely anything
Brendan Shine - also very charming - must be the Irish thing!

Anthony Wilson as he now likes to call himself -
Plus, quite a lot of bands around in Manchester during the mid 80s (too many to mention) – part of the Hacienda scene!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 11:06   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Ooooh, forgot to include Peter Shilton who I met in a bar in Leicester when I was out with my cousin. He was ever so slightly drunk but polite...
I was invited to lunch with Peter a fortnight ago but had some inportant work to do, still I'm on the guest list with that company from now on.

I went to school with Vicky Entwistle(same class)

Told Ted Robbins jokes and made him laugh

Met Phyllis from Corrie years ago(Blue rinse!)

Numerous others that esacpe me at the moment.

TBH I find celebs to be in one of two camps, either genuine and nice or stuck up attention seeking prats. I would take no qualms in telling the latter what I thought either
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 11:26   #25
God Member

Errrr can someone explain why I would lose karma for saying I swam with Duncan Goodhew??? No name left and to be quite honest quite an offensive message left aswell... so to whoever left it...

GET A GRIP!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 11:53   #26

I forgot 1 When I ran a pub in Worsley Ryan Giggs used to park his Aston Martin on our car park every monday morning.
My ex used to drive taxis and he got a call to deliver a take away to ex Manu David May's house, who opened the door?... David Beckham who said keep the change which was about £25
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 13:06   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Errrr can someone explain why I would lose karma for saying I swam with Duncan Goodhew??? No name left and to be quite honest quite an offensive message left aswell... so to whoever left it...

GET A GRIP!!!
Lol it's catching, because I said Vitty was going to do an article about the low gate at Stanley, and had some deducted for being the w***er of the week.

Unsigned of course. Boo hoo.

Do you think it was a non-swimer, or someone bitter about hair loss?

Who cares Merry Christmas weaklings.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 13:33   #28
white rabbits

we have been on a few cruises and you sort of meet the artists about the ship.....the nicest chap you could meet was jimmy cricket.. he had everyone in stiches for the whole time he was there (they dont do the full amount of days ,they swop ships in port )a lot of others did what they had to do and couldent be bothered socalising...richard whiteley and his partner kathryn apanavich were very nice too..but we realy got on with iris williams and her partner peter...she seemed to turn up where ever we were ,,,even in the booze dept in safeways in gibralta,,,i dont know who had the most booze, them or us,,we spent 20 minuets discussing which were the best bargains...and just like a normal mum she was concerned about the spending habits at university of her son blake........no change there then .lol
Old 15-12-2005, 13:38   #29
God Member

Not really met many celebs. Just trying to think who I have.

Hmmm .... Yes, John Pertwee when it was the carnival.

Vicky Entwistle in ASDA - miserable madame is that!

All the Most Haunted crew, Evette Fielding, (the gorgeous) Karl Beattie, Richard Felix and Derek Ackorah.

Alot of the Man Utd team. Beckham seemed a nice guy. The only one who had me a little star struck was Teddy Sheringham, he's absolutely gorgeous off screen, I was really surprised and Dwight Yorks smile I could have sat and stared at for hours.

Is that it? ........... I think it is! If I've mised anyone they can't have made a good impression.
Old 15-12-2005, 13:44   #30
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red

GET A GRIP!!!
i know what thats like..i hate it when they dont have the guts to sign their name,,,,COWARD

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..