Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2010, 17:21   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well, That Is Annoying.

My street was part of the regeneration scheme last year everyone got a whole new front to their house, because of this, a community spirit that didn't exist now does. Lot's of folk putting tub's and hanging baskets out, I've joined in, because I've started from seed my display has yet to flourish but it is getting there.

Went out today I hadn't noticed anything wrong, when I got back this afternoon to my dismay, instead of two hanging basket's I now only have one.

No doubt whoever you are, that took it, you had a greater need of a floral display than I had, but I can't understand why?

To steal because your kids are hungry, to steal because you can sell it on at an immense profit and buy some luxury you can't afford, well yes, if you're that way inclined, I can just about wrap my tiny mind around.

I can't understand though, (you greedy half witted illegitimate basket that needs to be hung), why, steal something of such low monetary value that left alone could have added to the neighbourhood?

You can't hang it around here I'll recognise it.

No doubt though, I'll be wandering around the area in the near future and find the basket and contents just thrown away when you realise this.

Meanwhile, if you are determined to exhibit my flowers, you have a basket, would you care to purchase the spare bracket I now have to hang it from?

This picture shows the bracket you could have taken if you had swung hard enough from it you Ape!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26042010(001).jpg (34.5 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Mick; 27-04-2010 at 05:05.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2010, 17:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Well, That Is Annoying.

Less, let's face it , we are producing more pillocks than we need - maybe not you or I, but the general population.
Old 26-04-2010, 18:00   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Less, let's face it , we are producing more pillocks than we need - maybe not you or I, but the general population.
Well, gosh, I spent a grand plus on a state of the art P.C. to be told the blindingly obvious, You could have been a little more re-assuring and asked, "what colour will the flowers be in about 6 weeks time Less, I'll keep my eyes open for them".
Old 26-04-2010, 18:17   #4
Beacon of light

Less, what colour will the flowers be in 6 weeks time?
I'll keep my eyes open....and let you know where the
bar-stewards live!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 18:30   #5
Resting in Peace

I rather think we should be on the lookout for an Babylonian refugee.Could be wrong.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 18:33   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I rather think we should be on the lookout for an Babylonian refugee.Could be wrong.
Rest assured the culprit will be apprehended, I have passed the details on to the 'Green Fly-ing Squad'.
Old 26-04-2010, 18:53   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

using my unique powers of deduction, i have eliminated "Jaysay" n "MargaretR." from my enquiries,but fear not Less, my investigation continues.
Old 26-04-2010, 19:04   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
using my unique powers of deduction, i have eliminated "Jaysay" n "MargaretR." from my enquiries,but fear not Less, my investigation continues.
Don't be too hasty, margaretR eh....

Flying Saucers, crop circles, perhaps her space ship got tangled in the chains after she tried to leave me a message?

Old 26-04-2010, 19:33   #9
God Member

Idiots!!!!

Probably the same people who have repeatedly torched the benches at St Mary's outdoor classroom.

This time, instead of buying new benches at £300 each we took a different approach. I asked HBC parks department what they were doing with the trees that they were cutting down in Rhyddings Park. The parks department cut the trees into 3ft stumps, we sanded the tops and arranged them in a circle. But knowing that the idiots would be around we dug a ditch to arrange them in and then concreted the bottom foot of the stump in and covered with soil.

So, what have they done?

They have kicked a couple of them and dislodged them. Because they are really heavy they haven't managed to take them anywhere and because they're still fairly fresh they haven't managed to burn them yet.

But like you Less, I question what reason did they do it for. There is no monetary value to them, so why?

The photo shows them the day that we installed them - 12 dads, about 20 kids and a few mums giving up their saturday mornings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench.JPG (72.5 KB, 21 views)

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 21:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the thing is, whilst agree idiots, there is NO real deterant so why should they fear retribution?
Old 26-04-2010, 21:58   #11

I promise you, it was not me Less.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 22:22   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
I promise you, it was not me Less.
very suspicious Less....they all say that.
Old 26-04-2010, 22:27   #13
God Member

Knowing where you live, Less, your hanging basket will probably end up as a Balti Bowl stand somewhere on Blackburn Road.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 07:35   #14

Have you asked Accylass if it was her???????????? Has she an alibi???? In all seriousness, it is pathetic that a hanging basket should be stolen. Probably some drunken idiots or just yobs with nothing better to do. "Hang em high" That's what i say.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 07:48   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
"Hang em high" That's what i say.
Thanks for the advice Vera, a bit late now though, I hung it as high as I could without leaving the need to get my steps out to water them, unfortunately that one was too close to an adjoining wall.

Anyone want to join a green vigilanty group?

We could make our own compost!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..