Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2005, 21:12   #16

Re: went to Mama Mia's over padiham way last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Monte Cristo's, near to Hyndburn Sports Centre, is a good Italian restaurant.
Lettie and I have been a few times, and the service has always been friendly, efficient and courteous.
The food is of a very high standard. Between us, we can vouch for dishes on the menu.
Now lived in Accy for 40 yrs, been all over the place for meals, originally came here to work at Dunkenhalgh, so think I know a good restaurant when I see it.......& Monte Cristo's is best I've been to for years...the staff are the best around, & food is always excellent, no matter when you go.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2005, 21:29   #17

monte cristo is gud but francos in ossy is miles betta
Old 23-01-2005, 21:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
There isnt a lot of good places to go out to eat, the only one i know which remains at least consistant is old mother red cap, intack. Sorry to hear u didnt have the service u expect n hope u complained to the management.
Don't agree with your first bit, loads of good places to eat out locally. I also like Redcap, if you want a quick, good value meal.
Depends what you want.....
For all round excellance, got to be Monte's in Church, suitable for any occasion.

More intimate surroundings (just the two of you), somewhere like Chimes in Ossy.

Papa Lou's in town centre, great for parties, go round town afterwards.

La Veranda, if you feel like a change of surroundings.

Golden Sun (opp Winfields) if you fancy a 'chinky'
or Valley on Grane Road

Or, after Papa Lou's & round town, finish off at Mitali...

I could go on & on, but mouth watering, gonna go & get a beef curry from Kwong Ming!!!!!!
Old 23-01-2005, 21:35   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco
monte cristo is gud but francos in ossy is miles betta
Been to Franco's several times, but, unfortunately, always seemed to be after a family 'crises' ( ie, bereavement), so, thro' no fault of their's, don't have good memories of the place
Old 23-01-2005, 21:38   #20

yea but the food is always gud dere
Old 23-01-2005, 21:44   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco
yea but the food is always gud dere
Where?? Please tell me of somewhere I havn't been!!!
Old 23-01-2005, 22:05   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener
Where?? Please tell me of somewhere I havn't been!!!
thanks everyone for their comments, and margaret I shall be putting my complaint into writing - I am sorry if I have put people off of going to the mentioned restaurant , it could be I got there on a bad night for the waitress's....or maybe not, the only way for me to find out would be to go again - and thats something that mrs glasgow guy aint too keen on doing after last nights meal ... so it looks like monte cristo's for me & thee next time round.
I shall keep you informed of the reply from my letter.
and Kitchener I could name quite a few restaurants in glasgow that I have been to that you may not have been to ! ....or maybe you have ???

thanks.

Last edited by glasgow guy; 23-01-2005 at 22:07.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 05:14   #23
God Member

When I worked teh restaurant game the commonly quoted stats were that each person who enjoyed their meal will tell 3 others. Those who don't tell 10! I would reckon that with the glorious T'Internet this is now probably 100
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 14:39   #24
Beacon of light

I think that is the same in any public service industry........bad news travels further and faster than good news.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..