Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2017, 11:56   #1

Westminster sex scandal

Well this scandal that all political parties are affected by, happens to an awful lot of women in all walks of life, not a new thing...Perhaps we should ask ourselves, why now, I think this is to do with Brexit, To bring the Government down, and have another Referendum...After all it is not only men that make suggestive remarks, or touch knees, woman have been known to do it as well. only they seem to get away with it.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2017, 12:44   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Westminster sex scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
After all it is not only men that make suggestive remarks, or touch knees, woman have been known to do it as well. only they seem to get away with it.
That's because blokes tend to be more "relaxed" about the laying on of hands, flattery & attention, especially from lasses (and more so if they're pretty too), probably because we like our egos massaged.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:45   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
After all it is not only men that make suggestive remarks, or touch knees, woman have been known to do it as well. only they seem to get away with it.
That's because blokes tend to be more "relaxed" about the laying on of hands, flattery & attention, especially from lasses (and more so if they're pretty too), probably because we like our egos massaged.

We really are simple creatures.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:48   #4
Beacon of light

Well, I feel really sorry for those women who seem to be mortally wounded by what they consider to be a sexist remark.
How did these women get to the elevated positions without growing a protective hide and a bit of sharp repartee.
Andrea Leadsom for a start, Micheal Fallon is supposed to have alluded to a place where she could warm her hands...now unless he also indicated that it would be in his groin area, then this women has blown things out of all proportion....for all we know he might have been telling her to warm her hands in her pockets(not his)...so it is in her bad mind where the supposed insult has taken place.
The fact that she wanted to improve her own situation by worsening his is just 'by the by'.

All this hullabaloo about these supposed sexist insults, minor assaults detracts from the women who have been physically/sexually assaulted.
Women in these places need to take responsibility for their personal lives...they do not need to be victims and it is easy enough to sort out those men who have Desert Disease(wandering palms....a blow to the fuzzy nudgers usually suffices and is only needed one time)
If a man (or any person) speaks to you in a way that you find insulting or offensive...or touches you when you do not want to be touched(be it knee, shoulder ,elbow or anywhere more private) then you tell them, in terms that cannot be misconstrued...and tell them that any repeat of the insult, remark, touching etc will be reported...and that is it. Job done.

I think that the guys in Brussels are rubbing their hands right now to see how all political parties are in such disarray....so YES...I do think it is a distraction from the work that should be going on in Westmister to get us out of the flytrap that is the EU

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-11-2017 at 12:53.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:58   #5
Beacon of light

I am heartily sick of this bit of news...it is nothing new...it has been going on everywhere for years and years...women have dealt with it...and have been respected for doing so.
We are not all little delicate flowers.
This is not to say that men have free rein to do as they please....but it assumes that all men are alike(they aren't. any more than women are).
Pretty soon the media will be having us all wearing burka's...then they will be happy.
This story is all media driven anyway. I thought that our rule of law was innocent until proven guilty....not Napoleonic..guilty until proved otherwise.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-11-2017, 13:01   #6

It would not surprise me if George Osborne was the instigator
Old 05-11-2017, 13:38   #7
Beacon of light

He is a real snake...but Andrea Leadsom is a sneak of the first order.
Her allegations go back some five years...she is a mature married woman who has lived and worked in cut throat climates, but she felt unwilling, or unable to deal with this.
She is beyond contempt and as I said, her and others like her devalue the real victims of physical and sexual abuse.
KiTChener and taddy like this.
Old 05-11-2017, 13:40   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
It would not surprise me if George Osborne was the instigator
Him or any number of other chancers! DisMay is on dodgy ground as it is due to her feeble inefficiency & lack of strength, she's heading for a tumble to my mind & the sooner the better.

What the country needs is someone in the top position with an iron will & a grim determination to get the job done regardless of any collateral damage in the process. They need to get a grip of the party, sack or promote as needed & then grasp the country with a fist of iron & tell the populace "This is where we're going, don't like it .... do one!". Furthermore they also need to put the eu & the remaniacs firmly & forcibly in their respective boxes.

All this whingey whiny snowflake bleating just detracts from the goals & aims that the government should be striving for as demanded by the populace.
Old 05-11-2017, 13:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Him or any number of other chancers! DisMay is on dodgy ground as it is due to her feeble inefficiency & lack of strength, she's heading for a tumble to my mind & the sooner the better.

What the country needs is someone in the top position with an iron will & a grim determination to get the job done regardless of any collateral damage in the process. They need to get a grip of the party, sack or promote as needed & then grasp the country with a fist of iron & tell the populace "This is where we're going, don't like it .... do one!". Furthermore they also need to put the eu & the remaniacs firmly & forcibly in their respective boxes.

All this whingey whiny snowflake bleating just detracts from the goals & aims that the government should be striving for as demanded by the populace.
Trust a military or ex military man, sorry, (person), to put things into their true prospective. Well spoken Sir, it is as you say, the feebleness of our elected politicions that will eventually bring this country to it's knees if we are not aleady there

Your's Taddy
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:55   #10

Sorry about the spelling mistake in Politician
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 14:11   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Sorry about the spelling mistake in Politician
I wouldn't worry about the odd spelling mistake Taddy, there's plenty worse on here & very few on here make an issue about it. The spelling police have been given short shrift in the past & will be in the future by fair minded folk.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-11-2017, 14:26   #12
Beacon of light

Have you identified someone with the cojones that could take over from Theresa May son...because if you have then you are a better person than me.
All I can see are lily livered apologists with as much bant as a wet lettuce.
She has had the hardest task since the war...and she has politicians in her cabinet that have less backbone than a jellyfish.
The possibility that this government falls and is taken over by Jeremy Corbyn fills me with despair.

all that said I do agree with your observations of the kind of action that is required.
Some of those in TM's cabinet could do with a good dose of lead poisoning.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-11-2017 at 14:28.
Old 05-11-2017, 14:33   #13

Well written Margaret, agree with all your comments
Old 05-11-2017, 15:08   #14
Beacon of light

Thank you Bea.
I cannot see anyone on the political scene that fits the bill.
All the feisty,focused, (those determined with a will of iron)politicians are long dead...and their apprentices too.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 05-11-2017, 15:28   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Have you identified someone with the cojones that could take over from Theresa May son...
Unfortunately Ma, the answer has to be no! Some stand out more than others as possible leaders, but on closer inspection of the person, their attitudes & outlooks they are usually found wanting in some respect or other.

I don't believe there will ever be a 100% politico that ticks all the boxes, they will always have a weakness or hang up that will discount them, that said I'm quite prepared & I think many others are to, to accept a 75/80% perfect candidate just so long as that missing 25/20% deficiency isn't of a severe nature.
KiTChener likes this.

« Rolfe | Mugabee »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..