Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 09:15   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry What a complete joke

A burglary suspect with a birthmark on his face will not have to show it in an ID parade, TO PROTECT HIS HUMAN RIGHTS
A witness Tracy Ryan so a man steal £300 in charity donations from a dog sanctuary where she works, but because witness have to be shown 12 photos before they identify a suspect, and they couldn't find 12 photos of people with birthmarks so it could not be use, now everybody on a forthcoming ID parade will have to cover that part of their face, because it would be against the suspects HUMAN RIGHTS, it could only happen in Britain
Old 29-09-2009, 09:22   #2

Re: What a complete joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A burglary suspect with a birthmark on his face will not have to show it in an ID parade, TO PROTECT HIS HUMAN RIGHTS
A witness Tracy Ryan so a man steal £300 in charity donations from a dog sanctuary where she works, but because witness have to be shown 12 photos before they identify a suspect, and they couldn't find 12 photos of people with birthmarks so it could not be use, now everybody on a forthcoming ID parade will have to cover that part of their face, because it would be against the suspects HUMAN RIGHTS, it could only happen in Britain
Just when you think you.ve heard it all, this is so stupid, the one outstanding feature has to be covered up .....and they wonder why we have no confidence in the law
Old 29-09-2009, 12:52   #3
God Member

hmmm im a bit touchy about my fingerprints so if i decide to burgal a house can i claim it is an infraction on my human rights to have my finger prints used to identify me ?

edit:

im pretty sure a rapists was once idetified by a birthmark on his dinkle as he was masked when he did it so does this mean the convicted rapist can now appeal and get his sentance quashed on teh grounds that this guy got it passed that using a birthmark was against his human rights ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 29-09-2009 at 12:54.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 14:29   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I have a birth mark, it's called my face!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 16:06   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have a birth mark, it's called my face!
some birthmarks are pretty cool looking, unfortunatly for you and teh rest of teh world you wernt so lucky

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 22:35   #6
Senior Member+

This isn't new. I managed an ID Suite and anything which would be obvious was always covered. I remember sticking plasters on faces, sticking false tashes on nine blokes so that the offender wouldn't stand out. It has to be considered fair and I agree that it always leans towards the criminal's side but there you go.

The solicitor of the defendant is always present and if he doesn't agree with the line up......no parade, no video ID and lack of evidence in court. Therefore, the Police just have to do their best.

Had it been where I worked I'm sure that we would have hired an artist to paint blemishes on the volunteers' faces if the crime had warranted it. Don't laugh, we did worse!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 23:42   #7
God Member

Similar reason why lots of Police have moustaches , they'll shave them off when up on brutality charges , making identification more difficult
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 23:48   #8
Senior Member+

Oh, John.............I don't remember this pessimistic trait when you were a youngster xx

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 06:48   #9
God Member

I think I'll make the unpopular point that it is not only the suspect's human rights that are being protected, it's everyone's human rights. The reason that justice is portrayed as being blindfolded is .... well that one is a no brainer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 16:52   #10
God Member

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we are talking here about a burglary "suspect", someone who has not yet had the opportunity to confront his accusers before a judge and a jury of his peers ... in other words, we are looking at someone who is innocent ... I presume that you guys still operate under the "presumption of innocence" like we do. But, on the basis of what evidence, a newspaper article? an item on the news? Jaysay seems to have already decided his guilt And from that, he moves on to an implied condemnation of the government: "it could only happen in Britain" I think that his political prejudice, always close to the surface, has erupted here. We all know that tories tout a "get tough on crime" policy; it's a cheap, albeit and inefective way of dealing with social problems. And it makes good slogans. We are all of us lucky to live as free people in democratic societies; and one of the bases of that freedom is a system of law before which all are equal.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:57   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we are talking here about a burglary "suspect", someone who has not yet had the opportunity to confront his accusers before a judge and a jury of his peers ... in other words, we are looking at someone who is innocent ... I presume that you guys still operate under the "presumption of innocence" like we do. But, on the basis of what evidence, a newspaper article? an item on the news? Jaysay seems to have already decided his guilt And from that, he moves on to an implied condemnation of the government: "it could only happen in Britain" I think that his political prejudice, always close to the surface, has erupted here. We all know that tories tout a "get tough on crime" policy; it's a cheap, albeit and inefective way of dealing with social problems. And it makes good slogans. We are all of us lucky to live as free people in democratic societies; and one of the bases of that freedom is a system of law before which all are equal.
It would only happen in Britain where the powers that be bend over backwards for the criminal and take every opportunity to shaft the law abiding citizen, what I would like to see is that the Human rights of the victim were catered for rather than the offender
Old 01-10-2009, 10:01   #12
God Member

Some of the Human Rights Laws are good. Read this one -
Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Dignity of the Human Being with regard to the Application of Biology and Medicine: Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine
Oviedo, 4.IV.1997

Chapter II – Consent

Article 5 – General rule

An intervention in the health field may only be carried out after the person concerned has given free and informed consent to it.
This person shall beforehand be given appropriate information as to the purpose and nature of the intervention as well as on its consequences and risks.
The person concerned may freely withdraw consent at any time.

Chapter VIII – Infringements of the provisions of the Convention

Article 23 – Infringement of the rights or principles

The Parties shall provide appropriate judicial protection to prevent or to put a stop to an unlawful infringement of the rights and principles set forth in this Convention at short notice.

Article 24 – Compensation for undue damage

The person who has suffered undue damage resulting from an intervention is entitled to fair compensation according to the conditions and procedures prescribed by law.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 15:14   #13
Senior Member+

If you catch a burglar in your house you should be able to pound the **** out of the bastard and not expect to be sentenced yourself
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 15:37   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If you catch a burglar in your house you should be able to pound the **** out of the bastard and not expect to be sentenced yourself
Tell that to Tony Martin, Restless
Old 01-10-2009, 16:09   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Tell that to Tony Martin, Restless
beating the crap out of someone is a little different than killing em
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..