Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2006, 16:50   #1

What a Relief!

I have just watched the police stop some children an whalley rd for riding round on a mini moto! The same one that runs up and down our back alley all day and night, From what i could see the bike was being confiscated for being riden on a road as it was being placed in the back of a police van and taken away! All i can say is good riddance. But i also want to point out that i have no problem with youngsters using these machines as long as they do so in a suitable area at a reasinable time of day not 2 or 3am in the morning all weekend!

What are other peoples views on these things?
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2006, 16:55   #2

Re: What a Relief!

I agree Reidy. I think there should be a designated area for these machines.

Quote:
it was being placed in the back of a police van
I think they crush the confiscated mini motors.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 17:08   #3

I hate the noise those things make..... you have to stop mid sentence when one drives passed then carry on.....highly annoying

Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 18:47   #4

i could not agree more we had one the other week durin the heat and i confronted the rider as it was ten at night guess what i got a fractured jaw and off work for two weeks so good by illegal bike
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 19:46   #5

im sick off them, i think there should be an age limit of 17 to have one like other bikes and motorised veichles on the roads this would fix half the problem.

And i agree with them being crushed if thats what it takes to curb the problem.
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 23:36   #6
God Member

Once they crush it I hope the culprits and if possible due to the culprits age the parents get hauled before the beaks to answer for the act of being on it and riding it illegally.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 23:52   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

perhaps it would be wiser to CRUSH the beggers riding em. should add i was refering to the richard heads NOT the responsible few.

Last edited by cashman; 22-08-2006 at 00:06.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 12:09   #8
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: What a Relief!

If people ride these mini bikes on their own land or with the permission of the land owner then I have no problem with them unless the land backs onto my property and it is after dark.

If these machines are ridden outside of those parameters then confiscation and crushing is the only answer.
Old 22-08-2006, 12:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
If people ride these mini bikes on their own land or with the permission of the land owner then I have no problem with them unless the land backs onto my property and it is after dark.

If these machines are ridden outside of those parameters then confiscation and crushing is the only answer.
I agree whole heartily with that sentiment. Pity they aint caught the cusses that ride them outside my home.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 13:28   #10
God Member

I assume the cops are confiscating these bikes, most of which are in the hands of minors; my understanding is that the riders need a full license if they are ridden on the highway. It would appear to me, therefore, that not only do the cops need to destroy these infernal machines, they also need to be busy grilling these kids as to whom supplied the things in the first place. Then they need to get round their parents and make a few arrests. That will soon put a halt to this criminal beheaviour.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 16:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I assume the cops are confiscating these bikes, most of which are in the hands of minors; my understanding is that the riders need a full license if they are ridden on the highway. It would appear to me, therefore, that not only do the cops need to destroy these infernal machines, they also need to be busy grilling these kids as to whom supplied the things in the first place. Then they need to get round their parents and make a few arrests. That will soon put a halt to this criminal beheaviour.
correct tea- assume you mean the parents.
Old 22-08-2006, 16:32   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: What a Relief!

Those bikes are not road legal Tealeaf.

You can’t get a road fund license for them nor can you get insurance except possibly personal accident insurance for off road use.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..